Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 21, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #15,256 of 153,638
Well, I got about 8 of those "marketing experiment" emails within a few days. Sort of annoying. So I unsubscribed from the least. I'd call that a "fail".

When I originally signed up for the mailing list, I imagined terse emails from alex announcing availability of new products, Black Schiit and B stock. I did not have the idea that Schiit would associate with other (albiet reputable) companies for sale related marketing. I like to believe that Schiit is above that.

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #15,258 of 153,638

That's interesting, because what I got came via the US Mail, not via email. I have not seen any email marketing from Schiit, or any other audio company. Now I'm curious if there are a couple of experiments happening.

No email for me either only the snail mail piece...

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #15,259 of 153,638
  My guess is that Wotan's castle still requires some plumbing work, allowing the god to keep his sister in law protected from the engineer giants for a while longer.

Luckily, this time around, the big friendly giants who are after the goddess of youth and beauty have promised to be economically reasonable. No need to dish out the customary rhinegold, ring and tarnhelm in order to secure her release. Just wait. Just a bit. Just a bit more...

Do mind, by the end of the story, Fafner does turn violent on Fasolt; we shouldn't drive the analogy too far!

And later, Fafner is slain by Siegfried.  Which reminds me that Nothung would be a kick-ass name for a Schiit product...

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #15,264 of 153,638

Refresh ,  Refresh, Hey there is an Add for the Fulla 2 as well ... Refresh.... Thanks I was Keeping My Freyitis in Check. Now I wont be able to concentrate.

(image missing)

40 more minutes and it will be 8:00 am on the left coast...

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #15,265 of 153,638
Dec 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #15,268 of 153,638
  well if you'd like some feedback...I think I received an email on it and unsubscribed since it appeared to come from Grado. 

Well, If we're giving feedback, I'm kind of an oddball and generally resist any attempt from others to sell to me.

Normally I'd be offended by receiving any type of advertising, and kind of take it as an indication of who NOT to buy from.   Schiit is an exception I guess.   After reading the book, parttaking in this thread and loving the products, I guess I've developed a bit of an affinity for the company.

But generally my philosophy is, don't reach out to me, I'll reach out to you if I want something.  Let me do my research on my own and come to you when I am ready.   Advertising comes across as being "pushy" to me, and "pushy" usually isn't the way to get sales from me :p

I'm the kind of guy who if I get a sales person who is too forward in a car dealership (I expect to approach the salesperson if I have any questions, not the other way around) will just turn around and leave and go somewhere else.

When I received this flier in the mail, I at first thought it was Massdrop who had sold me out.   I recently got in on the HD6xx drop, and assumed they had sold their contact list (and I HATE it when companies treat their user data as a commodity).  I was about to swear off ever buying from them again :p

I've loved the way you guys have been approachable on the forums though, and are semi-transparent about happenings behind the scene.  I know it's kind of a form of marketing, but it is one that doesn't offend my sensibilities in the slightest, and has instead served to grow my affinity for the company.

Again, I'm probably an oddball though, and not reflective of the community as a whole.

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #15,269 of 153,638
You're not an oddball. We share very similar views but I have to admit that every now and then an advertisement brings something to my attention of which I was unaware so I would not have reached out to look for it. Marketing is a necessary evil so I appreciate both good and clever marketing.  Schiit passes that test.

Actually, I was feeling a little left out.  I own 3 Schiit products and didn't receive either an e-mail or a mailing.  How many do you need to own to qualify?

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #15,270 of 153,638
eek.gif

I bought a Thornes turntable in 1978, if memory serves.  Even inflation adjusted it did not cost over $1000. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back