Schiit Gungnir DAC
Sep 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,341 of 7,093

Okay, and thanks Jason/everyone. I didn't want to add more schiit to my setup but I will try the hub first and then the Wyrd if necessary. I finally have all the amazing gear that I've ever wanted and I can't get my music to stop dropping out! 
mad.gif

Does it making a difference on whether using a usb 2 or usb 3 port?

I'd try the USB port that you know is directly attached to the motherboard first.  Usually there a "best" USB, then the rest.  Or better yet, test the voltages of each port, then use the best one...

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #2,342 of 7,093

I'd try the USB port that you know is directly attached to the motherboard first.  Usually there a "best" USB, then the rest.  Or better yet, test the voltages of each port, then use the best one...

Does higher USB voltage mean better? 

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #2,343 of 7,093

Does higher USB voltage mean better? 

Good question. 

I've done a low level uninstall of the drivers including a manual registry cleanup. This time when I installed the driver for GMB it picked it up right away and initiated the install. Last time I installed it, there were several attempts before I had any success. This is using a powered hub. 

Fingers are crossed. 

Edit...didn't last five minutes before the connection dropped. 
mad.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #2,345 of 7,093

Good question. 

I've done a low level uninstall of the drivers including a manual registry cleanup. This time when I installed the driver for GMB it picked it up right away and initiated the install. Last time I installed it, there were several attempts before I had any success. This is using a powered hub. 

Fingers are crossed. 

Edit...didn't last five minutes before the connection dropped. 
mad.gif

You'd think the powered hub would address this issue, but I'll ask anyway because it happened to me. How long is your USB cable? I tried a 10-footer and it would work for a few minutes and drop out. Went to a six-footer of the same brand and quality, haven't had a problem since.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,349 of 7,093
Speaking of computers.  ESET popped off about a virus from the Schiit drivers I downloaded from their site for the GMB.  I have been working too much to look into or care but wasn't sure if anyone else had that issue.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,350 of 7,093

I believe clean even current is more important.  A nice smooth 5 volts...

Thanks. I just measured mine on my Mac. They all measure 5.09v consistently so I guess for me it doesn't matter which port I use. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,351 of 7,093
  Speaking of computers.  ESET popped off about a virus from the Schiit drivers I downloaded from their site for the GMB.  I have been working too much to look into or care but wasn't sure if anyone else had that issue.

There was talk about this about a week ago. It's apparently a false error.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #2,354 of 7,093
Multibit owners: what are you doing to improve USB and/or power coming into the DAC? Wyrd? UpTone Regen? AudioQuest JitterBug? Something else? Combo of these? All three? Buying Jitterbugs for all your unused USB ports for the USB devices in your house? 

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #2,355 of 7,093
  Multibit owners: what are you doing to improve USB and/or power coming into the DAC? Wyrd? UpTone Regen? AudioQuest JitterBug? Something else? Combo of these? All three? Buying Jitterbugs for all your unused USB ports for the USB devices in your house? 

Wyrd here. Working well for me.  I've even A/B tested with and without it and yes, it does sound better with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back