Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 1,112
edited

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #17 of 1,112
Hi,

Have you tried to use a computer USB port with the EITR and see if using the PCI USB card still improve the sound the most in your chain. And please tell me what PCI USB card you use :) Thanks

I switched the USB input from a few different spots, nothing makes a difference though, with the Etir the sound is the same, regardless of what USB is plugging into it.

As for the USB card https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB-5-Port-Card/dp/B000E6HFX0 it was this one,

I will say my PC does NOT like to boot with the Etir plugged in, having it plugged in will even freeze my Bios... I guess it has something to do with how it draws power via the USB, so I've been putting it to sleep vs Shutting down. Which may be better overall.

But for quality the usb DOES NOT matter for the Etir, what ever is before it is irrelevant. So long as it's the last thing before your DAC you'll have the improvements

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #25 of 1,112
Yes. You have to use it to connect an ios device to a dac that doesn't have an apple certified chip.

Got one (Apple CCK). Use it to connect my IPhone 6 and iPad Pro to my Modi 2 Uber. The iPhone and iPad do not sound as good as the USB on the iMac so was considering getting a Wyrd. I'm thinking now that Eitr may be a better choice but only if it will work with the iPhone.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #26 of 1,112
I thought the EITR did not draw any power from the USB power in a PC etc....it has a VAC to 6 VDC wall wort?
Alex

Yes wall wort, quoting from the Schiit site :
Linear, Low-Noise Power Supply—Built In
You won't need any "linear supplies" or other "add-ons" to improve Eitr—like all of our stackable products, we've built in a linear supply with multiple stages of ultra-low-noise voltage regulators. From the included 1.5A, 6VAC wall-wart to the output, there are no switching supplies in Eitr.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #27 of 1,112
I'll be interested in more comparisons against the F-1. Looks like a great USB bridge schiit brought to the table.

From what can be read elsewhere, the Schiit is better or at least equal to the SU-1. Probably it can be linked to the Full galvanic isolation that it provides. I Don't know but i'm curious too, it's a cheap and well designed solution from my point of view (I own a Su1).

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #28 of 1,112
I'll be interested in more comparisons against the F-1. Looks like a great USB bridge schiit brought to the table.

i don't have an eitr, but i wasn't that impressed with the f-1 -- i found that it sucked energy out of the presentation (even powered by iso regen/lps-1).

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #29 of 1,112
Got one (Apple CCK). Use it to connect my IPhone 6 and iPad Pro to my Modi 2 Uber. The iPhone and iPad do not sound as good as the USB on the iMac so was considering getting a Wyrd. I'm thinking now that Eitr may be a better choice but only if it will work with the iPhone.
Well apparently some people have issues with cck and eitr, we'll have to wait and see when more people have tried it. I don't see why the cck shouldn't work with the eitr.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #30 of 1,112
I've only ever had the X-1, and V-link to compare the F-1 to. It's definitely better than those 2. I don't feel any loss of energy. The X-1and Vlink sounded lifeless in comparison. Hopefully others chime in on the eitr comparison. I'll definitely get one if there's a majority consensus that it's better.
i don't have an eitr, but i wasn't that impressed with the f-1 -- i found that it sucked energy out of the presentation (even powered by iso regen/lps-1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back