Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Jul 23, 2017 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,112

ScareDe2

500+ Head-Fier
Might as well include the GEN 5 discussion in this thread to fully compare those new products from Schiit.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 1,112
edited

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 1,112
I chose to buy the Eitr to see how well it works. If I did not like it, I could return it in 15 days. That is not an option with the Gen 5 board. If I did like it (which I very much do), it will go to my work system, and will order a Gen 5 to install in my Yggy when available.

The Eitr made the best SQ of the Yggy, out of several options I've tried. It's a keeper.

BTW, the Wyrd earlier made no difference in SQ in my system.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 1,112
I chose to buy the Eitr to see how well it works. If I did not like it, I could return it in 15 days. That is not an option with the Gen 5 board. If I did like it (which I very much do), it will go to my work system, and will order a Gen 5 to install in my Yggy when available.

The Eitr made the best SQ of the Yggy, out of several options I've tried. It's a keeper.

BTW, the Wyrd earlier made no difference in SQ in my system.
This is very encouraging! I was going to get a Wyrd to use with Chord Hugo, but now I'll get the Eitr instead.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 1,112
Just received the Eitr yesterday. Using it with a Mac mini -> Gumby -> MJ2 -> HE-560. I also have the Singxer F-1 and Wyred4sound uLink.
I have not done any back and forth so far so my impressions are based on my memory of the F-1 and uLink the same system.
Early impressions after a few hours of listening - this is the best USB->SPDIF I've tried. Very natural, organic, and detailed. Definitely should be on your short list to try.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #9 of 1,112
I got my EITR this past Saturday. I replaced the wyrd in my Mumby-Magni 2 uber setup.

This new device certainly does make a great sound difference.

Now the question about upgrading things in my other two setups??

I just finished getting things all up to date in these other setups for USB SQ improvement.

I think I will hold out for some more impressions before sending my Gumby & Yggy in for an upgrade. Also these setups both sound great now ... but I really like the idea on having less/no extra 'boxes' in the sound chain between the source & DAC

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #10 of 1,112
Hello, I am a new member and I was hoping to get some assistance. I recently purchased the Schiit Eitr and am unable to play any files over 16/48000. My music is stored on the main computer (Windows 8)>cat 6>router>cat 6>Ethernet switch>cat 6>microRendu>usb>Schiit Eitr>coax>Schiit Modi Multibit. I am using JRiver MC20 and JRemote on a tablet for control. If I use my other setup, main computer (Windows 8)>cat 6>router>cat 6>Ethernet switch>cat 6>CAPS>usb>Schiit Eitr>coax>Schiit Modi Multibit it will play all files up to and including 24/192000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #12 of 1,112
I've been only running USB on my NFB10ES2 for years now, and I've upgraded my USB a few times, a Power Conditioner was the first step, helped a little, second was a dedicated PCi USB card that actually also helped! Finally adding in the Etir, I've found it's taken me yet a step forward. Not that it matters, but my Etir is feed by the upgrades I made to USB, then the Coax runs into my NFB10ES2, better micro detail, a blacker background and sharper more accurate imaging are the gains it introduced!

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #14 of 1,112
Does any one have experience with using Etir with iPhone and/or iPad as the source?

Could not get a signal from my iPhone 6 Plus and CCK to work thru the Eitr. The Yggy would digitally lock, but no sound. The CCK was originally bought off of Amazon, so probably a fake with no full Apple functionality. Will try a iOS Reset first to see if that works (thanks Torq!), if not, will buy a real CCK from an Apple Store and try that.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 1,112
Could not get a signal from my iPhone 6 Plus and CCK to work thru the Eitr. The Yggy would digitally lock, but no sound. The CCK was originally bought off of Amazon, so probably a fake with no full Apple functionality. Will try a iOS Reset first to see if that works (thanks Torq!), if not, will buy a real CCK from an Apple Store and try that.

Sorry for the neub question but what is CCK? The camera lightning to USB cable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back