SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Apr 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #151 of 1,093
Was wondering about the same thin already. Any experiences in this way?

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #152 of 1,093
Guys,

Anyone have the link to r25405 or able to email the zipped folder to me?

Cheers

Mark

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #154 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

Anyone have the link to r25405 or able to email the zipped folder to me?

Cheers

Mark

Is that the most stable version to use with a MicroSD card?

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #155 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the most stable version to use with a MicroSD card?

dccom seems to think so, on that basis I'm going to give it a go. I've given up on the latest builds as they seem to disagree with my 2gb Clip+.

After much frustration earlier this week I deleted my Rockbox folder containing earlier builds and I can seem to find a version on the Rockbox site that works - Hence why I was asking if anyone could email me the zipped folder of r25405.

Don't get me wrong Rockbox when it works is great, nothing beats it; but for some reason the latest builds don't like my clip.

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #156 of 1,093
Quote:

dccom seems to think so, on that basis I'm going to give it a go. I've given up on the latest builds as they seem to disagree with my 2gb Clip+.

After much frustration earlier this week I deleted my Rockbox folder containing earlier builds and I can seem to find a version on the Rockbox site that works - Hence why I was asking if anyone could email me the zipped folder of r25405.

Don't get me wrong Rockbox when it works is great, nothing beats it; but for some reason the latest builds don't like my clip.

Cool! Any chance you can send me a download link to that version? Please.

I am currently running r25435 and it works fine with the internal memory. However, if you run anything of the microSD slot, it just stops playing after 2 - 3 songs. It will turn on fine without the need to reboot but it gets annoying after a while. I don't care if I lose FM on rockbox but I would like to play my files on the microSD card using rockbox and resort to the OF for FM.

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #157 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool! Any chance you can send me a download link to that version? Please.

I am currently running r25435 and it works fine with the internal memory. However, if you run anything of the microSD slot, it just stops playing after 2 - 3 songs. It will turn on fine without the need to reboot but it gets annoying after a while. I don't care if I lose FM on rockbox but I would like to play my files on the microSD card using rockbox and resort to the OF for FM.

No worries, however I can't find the link, dmcom's going to email the zip file, so when I get it I'll PM you for you're email address and forward it on.

Cheers

Mark

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #158 of 1,093
Quote:

No worries, however I can't find the link, dmcom's going to email the zip file, so when I get it I'll PM you for you're email address and forward it on.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark. Disregard the request over at ABI as it's the same one as here.
tongue_smile.gif

Let me know when you get it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #159 of 1,093
*PANIC*
wait for TRAN state failed (STBY) 1

it keeps crashing all the time and rebooting with this weird error message. if you guys dont know what to do about this i'll uninstall rockbox for now and wait until a stable version is released.

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #160 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*PANIC*
wait for TRAN state failed (STBY) 1

it keeps crashing all the time and rebooting with this weird error message. if you guys dont know what to do about this i'll uninstall rockbox for now and wait until a stable version is released.

They're working on it. All you can do is downgrade to the most stable build so far or just wait for a more stable build.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #162 of 1,093
I have used rockbox on a 5.5g ipod, v1 fuze and now my clip+. I uninstalled it on the ipod because i lost too much functionality. Uninstalled it on the fuze because i use it as a radio a lot. Uninstalled it just now on my clip+ because it constantly freezes and crashes. I probably liked it most on the clip+ because i didn't think i was losing any functionality by going with rockbox.

Can't wait for a stable release so i can put it back on
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #163 of 1,093
I'll wait for a stable release as well. The Clip+ isn't exactly unuseable with the stock firmware...

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #165 of 1,093
EU headfiers, keep away from the 01.02.09 Sansa firmware, I've read that this junk confirms to the actual EU volume restrictions (20% less volume in "normal" and no "high" option any more). Doesn't apply for other world regions, but I haven't yet to find that "choose region" item that was to be seen on 1st boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back