Sansa Fuze vs. Clip vs. Clip +?
Mar 14, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 58
Haven't heard the clip, but I have a fuze and a clip+. The clip+ is a tiny bit warmer than the fuze, but it's just a tiny bit of difference. Barely noticeable. From what I've read, the clip and fuze sound the same, so that might give you a clue. For sound quality, you won't be getting an upgrade or a downgrade. If you need a micro SD slot, it'll be a nice upgrade.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 58
I’d say they all sound very similar and the advantage that you would gain with the Clip+ and the Fuze would be the expansion slot. Also with the Fuze you would get a bigger screen and you can make or buy a LOD for the Fuze if you ever want to pair it with an amp.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend the Fuze, just for the LOD.

I agree. You're not going to get that much of an increase in SQ and the Fuze/Clip sound the same.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 58
I've been switching between my Fuze and Clip+ for a week now and i must say that the Clip+ sounds a little better to my ears. I can not hear any difference though between the regular clip( both of my daughters have one) and Fuze. Makes me wonder if theres a different chip in the Clip+ or a newer version. Anyone else feel the same about the SQ of the Clip+? if it sounds better than the Fuze and Clip( regular)?

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 58
They both sound almost the same to me. Clip+ sounds about 2-3% warmer than the Fuze, and maybe just a tiny bit better. The Clip+ seems like it has slightly more accurate volume control, and that probably has something to do with it. Both are on normal/flat EQ with RE0's (non-foam modded).

I like the FM radio better on the Fuze. My Clip+ doesn't work on 95.9 and 96.1. It's silence. No static, or anything. Can anyone else with a Clip+ check on this and see if theirs does the same thing?

@ the OP: The Fuze and Clip+ are pretty cheap. You could get one of each, and spend about $100 if you've got the money and are curious enough. Try them both, return one, and use that money for a micro SD card. Just a thought.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 58
I've had my fuze for a couple of days and have rockboxed it. Prior to rockboxing, I personally prefer the sound of my clip actually. However, rockbox really improves the SQ of a v1 Fuze.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarageBoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll go for the fuze if I can
Thanks

Newegg.com has pretty good deals on recertified Fuzes. Got my 8GB from them for $47 shipped. It's at $50 shipped right now. They only ship to the US though.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 58
Can anyone confirm the battery life of the Clip + playing solely FLAC files?

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 58
any difference in amplifier power of the fuze and the clips? I have the clip and I am getting a fuze, just wondering if it is easier to power demanding headphones with the fuze...

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #15 of 58
I got a Sansa Clip yesterday and all I can say is - amazing SQ. Totally amazing. I'm questioning my Ipod Classic + iBasso D4..
Sure the Ipod + LOD + D4 sound a tiny bit more high res and adds a bit more sound stage, but for the money the Clip is crazy good sounding. Better than all of the Cowon players I have owned (all compared with flat EQ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back