san francisco mini-get together-ish meet
Oct 13, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #46 of 236
My 600's are cardas cabled, we'll have enough senn variety to actually do some cable tests

I also recently aquired an HE60/HEV70, but it is being sent to me from Phoenix, and Gurus who I bought it from went on a business trip today. So hopefully it will be here by the 22nd.. I bet it will.

Edit: Oh and add an HD280 & an HF-1 (#212) and a sure E2c (I'll bring unused foamies/etc.. to the list too if you like

I'd also like to bring my ER4P/S because I have a feeling that mine have a channel imbalance and I'd like to pinpoint the cause.

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #47 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
I also recently aquired an HE60/HEV70, but it is being sent to me from Phoenix, and Gurus who I bought it from went on a business trip today. So I hopefully it will be here by the 22nd.. I bet it will.

SWEEEEEET!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #49 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
That's the logical answer, "d'uh" because personally I hate driving in big cities.

PFKMan23
100+ Member

Saratoga?? That's my home town! Well I live in the city now obviously but that's where it all began for me.. went to Redwood, then SHS, the whole deal.

Small World
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #50 of 236
HE60? now I'm more interested in this meet.
wink.gif

seeing how my AC'97 source is outclassed by everything on the source list and it is too bulky to bring my desktop, I'll leave it behind. I will bring my MDR-20 headphone if I can make it.

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #52 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
My HD650s with the Grace Five two are woodied. You noted the other woody, but not mine.

nice, a 650 woody. never heard one of those. do you have the deep depth woodies? i bet they are heavy!
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #53 of 236
One other thing that just occured to me. Music! It makes it a whole lot more fun when we have music playing through all these cans!
tongue.gif

I'll bring a binder or so filled with music as well (everything from Psychedelic Rock to Jam Rock to Rock Rock to Electronica and Vocal Jazz and some Chesky Samplers too for good measure (pun intended))

Oct 13, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #54 of 236
Small world indeed. And yes, I went to Foothill, Redwood and and then SHS. I'm actually at De Anza for my lower divsion, due to personal issues, but we can talk at the meet if you want, about my life at greater length.

My woodies, unfortunately are standard depth, sorry. Found no need to go deep. I'll bring the stock cable too. I just wish someone had the Silver or Blue Dragon, Headphile or the Equinox and then we could really get the cable thing on. If anyone cares, I'll probably bring my portable CD player(Sony D-368) and my MD player (MZR-55), along with my stock screens and stock cable.

As far as music goes, I'd like to suggest that everyone brings their own CDs. I mean, to me it makes sense that if you want to get a sense of the music, it's more practical to do it on tracks that you would actually listen to in your own lives. Not like anyone would lsiten to what I listen to anyways...lol

Oct 13, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #55 of 236
neilvg: I'm guessing that everybody will be very happy if Gurus gets that Baby O to you!
orphsmile.gif
Axtulaly, it is very hard typing with my fingers crossed right now.
eek.gif
Having heard its daddy at the SJ meet, I would love to check it out especially in the HE60/HEV70 combo. I recalled your posts about having the L3000 and the combo, so I was wondering if you might be convinced to bring them along.

PFKMan: I didn't mean to slight your PX100s or your 650 Woodies. I just forgot them when I was going back and forth between posts, sigs, and the word doc where I was compiling.

ayt999: Now that you are hooked, can we convince you to bring anything more than your MDR-20? What about those woodies? and the recabled PS-1s with that 1/4 adapter of yours since it doesn't look like anyone has balanced gear coming? (Of course, the SDS-XLR would resolve that problem.
icon10.gif
) But seriously, I would love to hear the PS-1s again and I have raved about them to Rhythmdevils so much that I know he wants to hear them. And I am pretty sure you have several other cans that would be nice to throw into the mix. Just sayin'...
cool.gif

utep10: I didn't include any gear for you because I don't know if you are coming. Keep us informed.

daba: How is #26 doing? I hope you can make it, and you should let us know what you can bring.

Everyone should definitely bring some music, but I am sure that if anyone forgets there will be plenty of options available. Wow, this thing is really rolling now.

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #56 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
neilvg: I'm guessing that everybody will be very happy if Gurus gets that Baby O to you!
orphsmile.gif
Axtulaly, it is very hard typing with my fingers crossed right now.
eek.gif
Having heard its daddy at the SJ meet, I would love to check it out especially in the HE60/HEV70 combo. I recalled your posts about having the L3000 and the combo, so I was wondering if you might be convinced to bring them along.

Just talked to Guru and the unfortunate part is that his trip is being extended longer than he intended. I told him about our meet and he will try to get his wife to send it. I made its importance very clear so hopefully he comes through (he already has my money!)

So with any luck, middle of next week my baby O (everything is brand new including both electrostatic membranes) will have landed.

Edit: I'll bring my combo's (EMP AE/L3000 RP6/HD600 HE60/HEV70 [hoping]) but maybe I won't bring the DV50. Since I live so close to wherever the meet is this shouldn't be a prob, but that CDP is very heavy and I'd only bring it if there was specific interest to hear it.

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #57 of 236
I am interested in hearing the Esoteric but don't want to overload you. I am bringing my Onix CDP, which is decent. I also could bring a lesser CDP/burner from Philips to increase the number of sources. It is sitting in the garage so no problems disconnecting, etc.

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #58 of 236
Voltron,

How about interconnects & power related items? Do we collectively have enough of this stuff to have all the equipment going? How about circuit breaker issues? Just some thoughts that occured to me seeing as SF isn't known for its pristine power
rolleyes.gif

For me, having enough good IC's is important since I really only have 1 nice pair right now.

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #59 of 236
I have a Zu Pivot 1m RCA to mini interconnect if that helps any. I also have a cheap Radio Shack mini to mini.

Oct 13, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #60 of 236
I assume people will bring their own ICs for the most part, but I will bring at least an extra pair of Von Gaylord Chinchillas and another pair of nice but not as nice CatCables silver ICs. The Chinchillas can be used as digital cables as well. I will also bring a Monster Cable mini-to-RCA so we can plug in iPods to the amps using a pocketdock or the like.

Bring power strips! At least a couple would be nice. I have a big Monster one with many outlets that I can bring. Man, my packing list is getting long!

BTW, everybody should try to label or mark their stuff if possible--especially generic things like cables and 1/4 to 1/8 adapters and the like. I ***innocently*** tried to walk off with Rhythmdevils' Grado adapter and another thing I can't recall when we got together last time.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back