san francisco mini-get together-ish meet
Oct 23, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #226 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Dude, you're blowing it! WE have a lot of nice toys over here.

Sorry if you can't make it at all but call because I think we will be going a while.

I know, I feel horrible for missing out! If you all are up for it we can tentatively plan for a January meet at my place. Two months should be enough of a break for everyone, plus after the holiday season I'm sure a few of us will have some new gear to show off
wink.gif
Also much of my setup is computer based so you all can check that out.

--Illah

Oct 23, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #227 of 236
So, how high did the bidding go on Voltron's MPX3? How'd the "head to head" MPX/Maxxed MPX turn out?

Enquiring minds want to know! (Enquiring minds that probably should have just signed up and gone to this get together...
rolleyes.gif
)

-Patrick

Oct 23, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #228 of 236
The meet is/was great if I may say so... As far as another meet goes, hopefully my schedule will be open for it. The differences between the two MPX3s is very noticible IMO, the maxxed versdion is much more detailed in how it allows the small nuances and instruments to show as comapred to the other unt.

Oct 23, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #229 of 236
Man, I am bummed. I have been away from the forum for a bit and I would have liked to been able to go to this mini meet. I am right up in Novato too.
frown.gif

Oh well, my loss. I will have to wait to hear the results as the come in. Hope to hit one in the bay area in the future (or make one).

Didn't have much cool stuff to add to the list but I would have brought it anyway....

Grado RA1
Xiangsheng708 Head Amp
MCCORMACK MICRO HEADPHONE DRIVE AMP
ASL MG MkIII
STAX SRM-0006t

Grado SR60
Grado RS-2
Sennheiser HD-650
STAX SR-404
Etymotic ER-4S

Denon 2200 - modified by Underwood
Zen Micro - 5GB (black)

AudioQuest Anaconda
AudioQuest SKY 72V - .75M RCA
AudioQuest Cheetas 36V RCA
AudioQuest Quartz - XLR

Later,
mikeymad

Oct 23, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #230 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad
Man, I am bummed. I have been away from the forum for a bit and I would have liked to been able to go to this mini meet. I am right up in Novato too.
frown.gif

Oh well, my loss. I will have to wait to hear the results as the come in. Hope to hit one in the bay area in the future (or make one).

Didn't have much cool stuff to add to the list but I would have brought it anyway....

Grado RA1
Xiangsheng708 Head Amp
MCCORMACK MICRO HEADPHONE DRIVE AMP
ASL MG MkIII
STAX SRM-0006t

Grado SR60
Grado RS-2
Sennheiser HD-650
STAX SR-404
Etymotic ER-4S

Denon 2200 - modified by Underwood
Zen Micro - 5GB (black)

AudioQuest Anaconda
AudioQuest SKY 72V - .75M RCA
AudioQuest Cheetas 36V RCA
AudioQuest Quartz - XLR

Later,
mikeymad

i would have loved to compare the HF1 to the RS2!
frown.gif

we will probably have another meet soon though, so stay tuned!

Oct 23, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #231 of 236
Having another meet would be awesome ,athloug given that I seem to be getting busier, I might not be a able to make it. We'lll see though. But if I do go, depending on when it is, I may be able to bring 2 new toys.

Oct 23, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #232 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad

You're kidding, right? I would love to hear your stuff and Rhythm is right, we will be getting together soon. Stay in touch.

Volt out.

Oct 23, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #233 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueCan
So, how high did the bidding go on Voltron's MPX3? How'd the "head to head" MPX/Maxxed MPX turn out?

Enquiring minds want to know! (Enquiring minds that probably should have just signed up and gone to this get together...
rolleyes.gif
)

-Patrick

It's still available Patrick. Care to make an offer?
tongue.gif
Get on board for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back