San Diego Meet
Oct 13, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #17 of 68
i should be able to make it on Dec. 10th.. unless they pull some last minute garbage at work, which they might. if that's the decided date though, all i'll be able to provide are a pair of HD25's.. and Beau, i'll be able to finally get you that music :]

put me in for a "most likely will show up".

Oct 13, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 68
I'd love to meet up, whenever you guys decide. Decemebr 10 (sat) is fine. My only problem-- I have no decent headphones! I've been sweating buying a pair for a while now. I'm thinking of going down to San Diego Sterero Design and check out their stock, so I'll actually have something to bring.
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #19 of 68
I'm with your guys. I'd love to meet up, Dec 10 (sat) is fine. Only problem for me-- I have no decent headphones!! I've been sweating getting one for my classical listening, but I don't know what they sound like until I hear it. So I'll probebly go by Stereo Design and get me some so I'll actaully have something to bring.
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #20 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by malthis
I'm with your guys. I'd love to meet up, Dec 10 (sat) is fine. Only problem for me-- I have no decent headphones!! I've been sweating getting one for my classical listening, but I don't know what they sound like until I hear it. So I'll probebly go by Stereo Design and get me some so I'll actaully have something to bring.
tongue.gif

Doh! - Double post.
Yes, Give a few phones a try. Also Go to Stereo Unlimited and see what they have there. Let us know what you find! It's gonna be fun if bobeau can get the L3000 fixed up. yEa!

Oct 14, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #21 of 68
Okay guys, just updated the original post with all the equipment listed so far. If there are any errors, anything missing, please speak up...

Someone else mentioned UCSD, is anyone else interested in having the meet there? My only objection would be the parking issues - both in finding spaces and having a lot close enough so the heavier stuff wouldn't have to be carried a half mile. But there are several who are actually students there and if something can be worked out that works well let me know. But until then I set the location for being at my condo complex. Also I set the date for Dec 10th since no one has objected.

As canloader mentioned my L3000s are out of commision for the moment, I severed a wire on the left voice coil trying to fix a common resonance issue. I'm not sure what I'll do exactly but sending them to Audio-Technica for repair is most likely. So they'll be gone for around a month... if I can get them out next week then they should be ready and burned in by meet time.

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by mishkakrisa
Poo! I'll be in London. Take lot's of pictures guys! I'll be there for the next one!!! San Diego Head-fiers UNITE!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Wish you could be there - ! I will add STAX SR -001 to the mix ~
Black nano 4Gb -

Oct 19, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #27 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
wow looks like we've got a lot of beautiful things... can everyone list what they will be bringing?

take a look at the first post in the thread.. it's been updated.

for myself, i will try and see if i can get some of my gear mailed over to me before December comes around. i'll keep this thread updated.

Oct 28, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #30 of 68
I love the attitude in this thread... shipping gear across the country, surprises. Spreading the love is a beautiful thing
biggrin.gif

I too have some HF-1s on the way... updating the OP to reflect the few new additions.

EDIT: Mishkakrisa, sorry you can't join us. I would gladly switch places with you, was in London a couple years ago and really miss the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back