San Diego headphones group or club?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #31 of 42
Yeah, I went to last year's Canjam. It was fun reconnecting with some people I met at previous local meets when I was living in LA. As for auditioning gear, it was pretty much over for me when the crowd started to swell past mid-morning. Nothing beats demoing gear at home when participating in loaner tours.
I found a discord of audiophiles and we are doing a STAX tour in CA. So far I'm the only one in SD the others are mostly Bay area. It's a SR-007 Mk2 + SRM-500T for this tour.

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #32 of 42
I reserved the community room at North University Community Library in the UTC/La Jolla area for Saturday, August 19th from 12:30 to 3:30pm. That particular library is centrally located, has plenty of free parking (is next to a big park), and has a very nice meeting room. It wasn't available any earlier, and as @iamoneagain mentioned, we will be 6 weeks away from CanJam at that point and any closer might be pushing it. Hopefully this time and place works well for people!

Jun 30, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #33 of 42
I reserved the community room at North University Community Library in the UTC/La Jolla area for Saturday, August 19th from 12:30 to 3:30pm. That particular library is centrally located, has plenty of free parking (is next to a big park), and has a very nice meeting room. It wasn't available any earlier, and as @iamoneagain mentioned, we will be 6 weeks away from CanJam at that point and any closer might be pushing it. Hopefully this time and place works well for people!
Shoot, it’s my own post that cost me a local headphone meetup. Look forward to the impressions. And maybe we can schedule another towards the end of the year. I’ll probably be doing CaJam but it’s definitely a trade show vibe and not the same as local meetups.

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #34 of 42
I’ll be able to go, and I can bring a good assortment of gear. my hope is that someone can bring a good solid state amp.

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #36 of 42
Works for me. I only have a few iems I can bring but they all sound good to me 😆

Jun 30, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #37 of 42
You might want to make another thread with the official title and date it in. Possibly will get more people to come. We can also mention in other threads.

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #42 of 42
Hey y'all, just visiting this thread and glad to see the SoCal peeps getting together! I will try to make it myself if I can. Happy listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back