Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 726

sicko

100+ Head-Fier
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 726
I'm not too sure if I would listen to music on my new note 3 even if it's got an audiophile sound quality. The phones battery will die too quick before the end of the day!

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 726
Quote:
So the Note 3 is coming on the 4th of September and rumours suggest that the device will have that "audiophile-level" sound.
According to gsmarena it will support 24-bit/192KHz.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_iii_to_record_4k_videos_support_hifi_sound-news-6651.php

Although, I think it should be taken with more than just a grain of salt as we know Android has that 16 bit cap.
So what are your thoughts on this and which chip do you think will be powering the audio?

I'm planning on giving the new line of phones (and portable players) that are out (or coming soon) a listen (including the Note 3). I don't know what chip will be used in the Note 3, but (earlier in the year) I read several articles suggesting Wolfson had signed a new deal with Samsung.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-signs-a-multi-year-contract-with-Wolfson-as-primary-audio-partner-for-the-Galaxy-phones-and-tablets_id42064

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 726
Quote:
I'm not too sure if I would listen to music on my new note 3 even if it's got an audiophile sound quality. The phones battery will die too quick before the end of the day!

You underestimate the size of the Note's battery.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 726
You underestimate the size of the Note's battery.

Really? I have to recharge my note 2 every night! That's with only net browsing and some movie watching. It's got a big battery, but if I use it to listen to music during the day to, from and during uni, I don't think I'll have enough battery to go on the net with it haha

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 726
Hmmm.  I get up at 5AM and when I go to bed 16 hours later I have anywhere from 65-70% battery left.  I use my phone all day light to moderate use.

Are you using a movie player and or music player with NEON optimization?

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 726
I don't think it's gonna be a "game changer" though as it is not very portable. I just checked and the LG G2 is also said to have 24bit support, so I think people will lean more towards it if the Note isn't significantly better performing in the sound department.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #11 of 726
Yup! Am so excited for it!
smile.gif
how much Note 3 Price in Pakistan

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 726
My Galaxy Note 2 is starting to fall apart and I'm ready to upgrade. This will probably be my next. If it works with the Centrance Hifi-M8 as well or better than my Gnote2 I will buy one as soon as it is available.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 726
I am wondering if anybody might know which audio hub the Note 3 uses.  It would be interesting to see if Wolfson is used like the Note 2.
Unfortunately, the Snapdragon 800 chipset will ship in the United States variants, so I believe that people in that area will be out of luck.  The Galaxy S 4 (Snapdragon 600) in the United States didn't use Wolfson.
My guess is that only the Exynos-equipped Note 3's will actually have the Wolfson audio chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back