SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #241 of 471
its all good man.. Actually this and gokhanmoral's original implementation are a voodoo_sound driver. And yes I feel that its okay to use that name as it is literally used in the code as the name. To not use it would be like someone creating a Linux kernel and not calling it Linux.. Well gokhanmoral's used to be a voodoo_sound driver until he did complete fork it and call it scoobydoo_sound.

Yeah. You tried do the right thing. Unless you go ask the person, you can't know how to make them happy.

Anyway, thanks for releasing this. :) I just got my phone a month ago, so I'm not ready to flash it yet. I have never done that before, but I have dabbled with running Linux server, so I'm not completely scared of it.

If you don't mind me asking since you understand the code, are the tweaks to the DAC output significant? Or is some of that hype? I already turned up the gain on my headphone amp in the gain config file with the stock Samsung. That helped my Grados because of their low sensitivity.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #242 of 471
FYI, I have decided to make my own short cable and have ordered and received some micro and mini usb connector to

hook up my ODAC to. Also bought some braided sleeve to make it look nicer.

Below is a pic of the cable hooked up and wiring diagram of each connector. 

could you please show a parts list of your cables and possibly links to parts? I would love to build my own, or if you're willing to build and sell that would be cool too :wink:

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #244 of 471
Quote:
Here is my Note 2 with OTG cable: Note 2 - mini USB/micro USC OTG - FiiO L6 - FiiO E7 - FiiO E11 - HE400.

Nice! Post in the picture of portables thread if you haven't already, need some more Android rigs to represent :)

In other news, my Pico arrived this afternoon. Moment of truth any second now when I plug it into the Note 2...

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #245 of 471
Woohoo! HeadAmp Pico USB DAC/amp back today - can confirm it is now working perfectly with the Note 2 and International S3! Thank you so much Justin.

Also, FWIW, his fix also allows it to work with the Nokia Pureview 808 (it didn't before).

It doesn't work with the HTC Butterfly, and I suspect that is because it can't output enough power - it is obvious that HTC have severely curtailed USB OTG power-output in that handset (one presumes because its battery life is **** enough already). Will try it with a powered hub and see...

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #246 of 471
Quote:
could you please show a parts list of your cables and possibly links to parts? I would love to build my own, or if you're willing to build and sell that would be cool too :wink:

Sorry but won't be building again unless the need arises or selling as it's a one off thing.
But here you go my part lists...

1. 4mm Expandable braided sleeve
This http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/4mm-Black-Expandable-Braided-PET-Sleeving-Cable-2m-/250893392122?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a6a6958fa#ht_2414wt_906
or this
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/4mm-BLACK-RED-Expandable-Braided-DENSE-Cable-Sleeve-x5m-/280961562136?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item416a9d3618#ht_3092wt_906

2. Micro USB Connectors
this http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/5-sets-USB-Male-plug-Connector-Micro-5pin-Cover-/180695335915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a124803eb#ht_2373wt_906 
or this
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/10x-Angle-USB-Male-plug-Connector-Micro-5pin-Cover-/180695860094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1250037e#ht_2373wt_906

3. Mini USB Connectors
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/10-x-Mini-USB-Plug-Male-Socket-Connector-5-Pin-Plastic-/180391553917?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a002cab7d#ht_2040wt_906

4. Some Spare USB cable lying around/not use cut up to your desired length.

5. Some super glue or plastic glue...I'm using Selleys multi grip to glue up the housing/soldered cables and the sleeve inside the USB connector housing.

If you want an easier way would be to buy a short micro USB OTG cable. Cut the female portion out right at the end
and solder just the four wire to a mini usb connector and your done. If you wanna make it look nice than sleeve it up and use
heatshrink tubing too.
Good luck and do show your finished cable once done.

PS : sorry for the off topic all.

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #248 of 471
My apologies for the derail, l liked the work done on the cables, again sorry. So hopefully this is not another derail. I inadvertanly did the verizon update trying to shut the phone up as emails were coming up in the middle of the night, so this turns into a multi part question.
1. Am I screwed now on rooting?
2. I run my audio out usb to my Amp/Dac, and I'm not sure what the whole Voodoo is. Is Voodoo for the 3.5 headphone out or does this effect the usb out too?
3. Currenetly I have a FIIO E5,6 and a D-Zero.
4. Headphones are 15 year old HD580 stock, still sound great, 20 year old MDR V6 with Beyer Velour Pads, Ety HF3, and stock Triple Fi's
5. Class 10 Sandisk 64Gb card.
I've always ran PowerAmp until this phone, now I'm using Neutron player. Much less hiss. I was using an OTG cable and Monster Mini USB cable. Now I've got a Micro-Mini OTG cable.

What would be your upgrade with a $200-250 budget, keeping the Note 2 as the DAP? Better Amp, Triple Fi cables, HD cables? With my Nexus the D-Zero made a difference; I'm not hearing much of an improvement with it on the Note 2. I carry a 2nd gen 32Gb Touch, and a 3rd gen 8Gb Nano with a FIIO LOD.

I want to carry one source and Amp, Dac. I will carry different cans as needed for the enviroment to hear surroundings or block them. I've been th9inking of different cables for both the HD's or the Triples. I want my Note to sound it's best.

thanks

Thanks.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #250 of 471
My two cents below, I am starting in this world so I can only recommend you in the Android side.

Quote:
My apologies for the derail, l liked the work done on the cables, again sorry. So hopefully this is not another derail. I inadvertanly did the verizon update trying to shut the phone up as emails were coming up in the middle of the night, so this turns into a multi part question.
1. Am I screwed now on rooting?
This is not an iPhone, in theory you should still be able to root. It is possible that the root solution is still not available (I don't know because I don't own the Verizon version), but in any case, you could revert your update through odin and equally root.
2. I run my audio out usb to my Amp/Dac, and I'm not sure what the whole Voodoo is. Is Voodoo for the 3.5 headphone out or does this effect the usb out too?
Voodoo gives you more control over the internal DAC of your phone. If you are using an external DAC that it might not be worthing it, but you don't loose anything in trying it. You could revert to stock in any case, and you will get higher volumes through the 3,5mm jack and the possibility to pre-EQ the signal for all the audio outputs (not by app). In my opinion the upgrade is great. I will report back a comparison when I get my Fiio E17.
    Regarding the USB output I think Voodoo doesn't have anything to do with it, but Voodoo is only a driver that comes with the kernel. The kernel itself can benefit you in other ways (undervolting, overclocking, etc). One of those upgrades can affect your USB audio output, in a positive or a negative way. You have to check the kernel before flashing it. Each kernel is different.
3. Currenetly I have a FIIO E5,6 and a D-Zero. This is ok. I am far from being an expert.
4. Headphones are 15 year old HD580 stock, still sound great, 20 year old MDR V6 with Beyer Velour Pads, Ety HF3, and stock Triple Fi's. I suppose this is ok as well
5. Class 10 Sandisk 64Gb card. This is very sweet! ^^
I've always ran PowerAmp until this phone, now I'm using Neutron player. Much less hiss. I was using an OTG cable and Monster Mini USB cable. Now I've got a Micro-Mini OTG cable.

What would be your upgrade with a $200-250 budget, keeping the Note 2 as the DAP? Better Amp, Triple Fi cables, HD cables? With my Nexus the D-Zero made a difference; I'm not hearing much of an improvement with it on the Note 2. I carry a 2nd gen 32Gb Touch, and a 3rd gen 8Gb Nano with a FIIO LOD.

I want to carry one source and Amp, Dac. I will carry different cans as needed for the enviroment to hear surroundings or block them. I've been th9inking of different cables for both the HD's or the Triples. I want my Note to sound it's best.

thanks

Thanks.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #251 of 471
Yesterday I heard the comparison between my note 2 standard vs my friend note 2 by pass with kernel  

As player I use Neutron and he use power amp 

note 2 + neutron SQ better than his kernel with power amp 

but after he download neutron player ,the SQ is the other  way round 

note 2 + kernel bypass + Neutron SQ better than my note 2 standard + Neutron

anybody know how can I. Bypass my note 2 with kernel ?

Please advise 

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #252 of 471
Quote:
Yesterday I heard the comparison between my note 2 standard vs my friend note 2 by pass with kernel  

As player I use Neutron and he use power amp 

note 2 + neutron SQ better than his kernel with power amp 

but after he download neutron player ,the SQ is the other  way round 

note 2 + kernel bypass + Neutron SQ better than my note 2 standard + Neutron

anybody know how can I. Bypass my note 2 with kernel ?

Please advise 

you dont bypass a kernel you flash it meaning you need to root your phone with either a stock rom odeox + kernel(of choice) or a rom with build in kernel .. actually on my im using a rooted stock odeox and kernel and modded the volume output to 57db and use noozxiode + my EQ setting on stock player

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #253 of 471
Is the difference in rooting that big? Also, does rooting involve any potential ramifications? Noob questions that have been answered potentially?

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #254 of 471
After using the Neutron Player for a while now, can I just say that the UI is extremely annoying? :D

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #255 of 471
Quote:
After using the Neutron Player for a while now, can I just say that the UI is extremely annoying? :D

I gave up on it after one day.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back