SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jan 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #196 of 471
Quote:
The latest ventura go dap x , you can pair directly with micro to micro usb cable . Not like their product go dap x first batch you must use via
OTG on the go adapter for pair with your samsung galaxy note 2.

Can the latest VentureCraft Go-Dap X use also a OTG adpter for pairing with the Galaxy Note 2?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #197 of 471
Quote:
Regarding the hiss, don't expect an update from Samsung to address the issue.  Our best hope if for supercurio to release Voodoo Sound for the Note2 and S3.  One thing he does with voodoo sound is turn the digital output of the dac chip up to 100% allowing the head phone amp level to be reduced.  This has 2 benefits, first the people who can't seem to get enough volume from their phone get more volume and people with sensitive in ears get a cleaner sound because the head phone amp doesn't have to work as hard to get the volume.

Oh man... The hiss is really annoying, but only with Balanced Armatures. It's slightly noticeable with my CKW1000ANV(dynamic driver).
It seems Supercurio has stopped working on Voodoo for Note 2... so isn't there any other way to reduce the hissing?

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #198 of 471
Quote:

Oh man... The hiss is really annoying, but only with Balanced Armatures. It's slightly noticeable with my CKW1000ANV(dynamic driver).
It seems Supercurio has stopped working on Voodoo for Note 2... so isn't there any other way to reduce the hissing?

Get an external DAC basically. I don't notice any hissing using my M-100's though, nor did I with my PX-100's, so it must be very sensitive headphones having this issue, and IEM's

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #199 of 471
Get an external DAC basically. I don't notice any hissing using my M-100's though, nor did I with my PX-100's, so it must be very sensitive headphones having this issue, and IEM's

Could be the combination of low impedance and very sensitive headphones. After reading the comments in this thread, I tried my JVC HA-S500s: 32 ohms, 106db sensitivity. Didn't hear it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #200 of 471
I bought Neutron player for my note 2

First 2 weeks sound very good

As 2 days ago I try to use the function Equiliser , suddenly the instrument improve the clarity

And detail .

But I have the problem the mid is clipping now , if I turn the volume about 50%.

Anyone has the same experience with midrange clipping !

Please help me to find out about the problem

Shall I delete the Neutron player and download again.?

Thank you

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #201 of 471
Quote:

As 2 days ago I try to use the function Equiliser , suddenly the instrument improve the clarity

And detail .

But I have the problem the mid is clipping now , if I turn the volume about 50%.

Thank you

Mids are clipping with the EQ on? That makes sense, if you're EQ'ing the mids up. I presume you've tried simply turning the EQ off?

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #202 of 471
Quote:

And detail .

Thank you

Sounds like the mid range is EQ'd too high, If you switch the pre-amp on does it not detect it and reduce the pre-amp output automatically to prevent it?

Also, if you go into the settings there is usually a 'reset' button for each of the various DSP settings.... reseting all of them should have the same result as a re-install.

I avoid using the EQ and any other DSP settings

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #203 of 471
Quote:

Sounds like the mid range is EQ'd too high, If you switch the pre-amp on does it not detect it and reduce the pre-amp output automatically to prevent it?

Also, if you go into the settings there is usually a 'reset' button for each of the various DSP settings.... reseting all of them should have the same result as a re-install.

I avoid using the EQ and any other DSP settings

Not a Neutron user here, but it should have a setting to prevent clipping at peaks (and/or a replaygain setting).

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #206 of 471
Quote:

Just wondering where you heard that Voodoo is not in development.  I am not saying it is or isn't-- just wondering if that is really true.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #207 of 471
Quote:
Just wondering where you heard that Voodoo is not in development.  I am not saying it is or isn't-- just wondering if that is really true.

He claims from time to time on Twitter it is still in development, but it's got to an "I'll believe it when I see it" stage now. I wouldn't wait on him if you want better SQ, get it now with USB audio or one of the adapted Voodoo-like solutions.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #210 of 471

I am sorry , I have made a mistake , that OTG not in Samsung galaxy note 2 :D

With OTG they works on my black go dap x with burr brown op amp and on my latest batch go dap x Red: with upgrade op amp LME 49860 .

The rule :

OTG adaptor must connect to micro usb on galaxy note 2
Must use Samsung cable to connect between OTG and go dap x micro USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back