SAA HD 800 modification ?
Mar 30, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #61 of 118
I had to send back to StefenAudio my modded HD800 because of a problem with the right cable wich has loosen up but I have no news since two weeks from them. A way to get in touch with James ?

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #62 of 118
  I had to send back to StefenAudio my modded HD800 because of a problem with the right cable wich has loosen up but I have no news since two weeks from them. A way to get in touch with James ?

You have some tracking confirmation that the headphones arrived at the destination, right ? I guess you shipped from France...
There is contact info by e-mail and phone number on their website, have you tried these?

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #63 of 118
Yes my tracking information from the French postal service says that the parcel was distributed. I mailed different times to their address and just let a message in the answering machine.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #64 of 118
Wow do they have warranty on their service.
Did you insure package?
Regardless if it says delivered then its out of thier hands and into StefenAudio.

A very interesting thread comes up when you google :

hd800 dissection and measurements

A DIY approach to open heart surgery on the HD800.
Positively not for the faint of heart audiophile:eek: .

wow this is great info!
:)

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #65 of 118
The point is that now my HD800 is into StefenArt hands and I don't know what happened to the people there.
Would be an HeadFi member near their location who could look at this place for James S Serdechny ??

Stefan AudioArt
115 Grennan Road
West Hartford, CT 06107
1-860-521-2563

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #66 of 118
Quote:jcebear

Was there much blood?
basshead.gif

Was it royal blue blood?  
smile_phones.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #70 of 118
A very interesting thread comes up when you google :

hd800 dissection and measurements

OMG I just read the whole thing .....

Wow how sad is this situation after reading that thread..

Once you read that stuff,
and then compare SAA to all the suggestions I already posted two months ago
HERE

Its good to know the whole picture.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #71 of 118
Hi there,

thanks for making a conncetion of the threads. I never looked at the other thread as I am not trying to alter the profile of sound of the HD800 and wouldn't have checked the other thread given it's title. I will get to it later. But then it might be no suprise if SAA goes silent
redface.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #72 of 118
  Hi there,

thanks for making a conncetion of the threads. I never looked at the other thread as I am not trying to alter the profile of sound of the HD800 and wouldn't have checked the other thread given it's title. I will get to it later. But then it might be no suprise if SAA goes silent
redface.gif

Why SAA should go silent with customers who paid for their service ?
Sent my HD800 in March for mod (a repair for broken connection) and never seen them back.

Be careful with this seller !!!!

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #73 of 118
 Think at least twice before committing to a cable purchase and especially the ultra-modification/hard-wiring option with Stefan Audioart/James Serdechny as I've experienced extremely poor customer service after a significant investment. 

After good experiences with purchase of SAA interconnects, power cables and a cable up-grade for my Hi Fi Man headphones, I purchased Endorphin cables and ultramodification (including hardwiring) for my Sennheiser HD800 headphones last year. I shipped my headphones from Australia and received them back modified after several weeks. I was impressed by what seemed to be a smoother, more balanced and refined sound....then, after a few months of happy listening, the right channel went dead and my tale of frustration began.....

In November, I sent the headphones back to SAA in the US for repair and possible retermination (suspecting fault in the 'shell eliminated' 4-pin connector as this is quite delicate ). I was billed and made prompt payment of $390.00 (for retermination) and I was informed by email there'd be a wait of several weeks before the headphones would be repaired/reterminated and ready to ship back because of a backload of unfinished orders....

A number of months passed with no communication and no repaired headphones back in my possession. I sent a number of emails expressing concern, requesting up-dates and left a voice message on the telephone number listed on the SAA website encouraging communication and did receive any response(s)...

After a wait of just under six months I initiated a Paypal dispute and I finally received some emails back from James. These included a list of excuses for the delayed service/non-communication (IT server problems, refurbishments for an expansion of business, serious health problems in relatives) plus a promise of further delay and an offer to reimburse me for the retermination/repair payment and send the headphones back to me unrepaired!! 

Last week with the Paypal dispute still unresolved I sent an email requesting prompt repair or that James purchase from me the headphones at working second-hand value and reimburse me for the cable and modification purchase (so that I can get on and purchase another set of HD800s). I've not had any response as yet and Paypal are also awaiting communication from James as I write.

I of course sympathise if James' business operations have been affected by the problems he has recently noted. 

I have believed that SAA provides a good but quite expensive boutique product and think it would be fair to say that I have been a patient and loyal customer of SAA.

I will post an up-date if my tale of frustration ends happily soon, in the mean-time would-be buyer beware!  

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #74 of 118
Like I wrote it on this thread, I posted my HD800 back in March and never saw them again.
I got the same painfull experience and I think that my HD800 are stolen by SAA.

I'm wondering if some HeadFier would live not far away from this shop to investigate if James Serdechny ran away ??

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #75 of 118
What a bummer. In case SAA / James indeed has some trouble in the family, he should at least post a note on his website and apologize for not being able to respond.
Such a behaviour will take down his business. Sorry for your troubles, it sounds messy and will take a lot of time to resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back