RS1i amp NEED HELP!!!
Sep 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jTizMLG

100+ Head-Fier
my setup is:

Headphone: Grado RS1i

Dac: Audio gd Reference 5 (using usb)

Amp: Audio gd Roc (connected with ACSS)

and my question is that my RS1i has an impedence of 32 ohms and my roc only supports 25/62/100/300/600ohms. is this distorting the sound in any way because it is not reaching its correct impedence? and if so what other amps would you recommend that does support 32 ohms? my budget is around $700.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
ROC does not "support" those headphone impedances, Augio-GD simply showed power output at those values.

are you trying to help me? or are you just trying to correct my statement?.......
mad.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 6
He was explaining that the different impedance points were used for power ratings. Your amp is pretty damned good for your RS-1 as the ROC provides 750 mw @ 25 ohms. Your amp will handle a wide range of headphones including the RS-1s. If you wanted to try a different flavor, you could try a tube amp. These are well regarded  Ear+ HD Super II.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
my setup is:

Headphone: Grado RS1i

Dac: Audio gd Reference 5 (using usb)

Amp: Audio gd Roc (connected with ACSS)

and my question is that my RS1i has an impedence of 32 ohms and my roc only supports 25/62/100/300/600ohms. is this distorting the sound in any way because it is not reaching its correct impedence? and if so what other amps would you recommend that does support 32 ohms? my budget is around $700.

The best amp I've heard with the RS1/RS1is is the MAD Ear+HD tube amp (with NOS 5751 Sylvania Grey Triple Mica driver tube). Honestly, the synergy is simply astounding...so good that my RS1is still get a respectable amount of head time with my other headphones.

Dr. Lloyd's service has always been A class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back