Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #665 of 4,743
I would like to know your impressions.

especially why is it better than hd800

for curiosity sake.
[/quote

That's a tough one. The 800 is no slouch. The amps to drive it are obviously different. But the comparison shall be done. I suspect it's going to be how different they are as opposed to how better one is over the other. We'll see.

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #667 of 4,743
Guys,

I don't want to sound like a salesman here but if you are looking for equipment in India, ask a question on this thread. One of us may want to offload the same and one may be able to get a decent deal without any customs and cheaper shipping.
Cheers

Ah...on this note, does anyone have an old iPod touch (4th gen or newer :D ) or Cowon J3 lying around that can be sold to this poor soul in search of a user friendly UI and good sounding music player?

Thanks in advance! 

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #668 of 4,743
Ah...on this note, does anyone have an old iPod touch (4th gen or newer :D ) or Cowon J3 lying around that can be sold to this poor soul in search of a user friendly UI and good sounding music player?

Thanks in advance! 

poor soul :D

Bargaining before the offer much? There are no poor souls in this forum...hahaha

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #670 of 4,743
There was one cowon j3 listed On ebay india.. under seller gromo_deals ... not sure if he has now ...

Sent from Android a Gooogle Product :)

Thanks for the info, but I guess the listing doesn't exist anymore; checked today. Will probably wait a bit, and do keep me updated if any of your friends/ contacts is selling either of the two (iPod or J3).

Thanks & cheers!

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #671 of 4,743
guys im from pondicherry, India. pls suggest me a best headphone under 100 dollars(6000INR)..i prefer almost all genres..so im looking forward for a allrounder(May be a bit mid forward and no need of boom boom bass since im lot into vocals and instruments like guitar solos)..it should be a bang bor buck with great sound qaulity and build quality which is prime for me..Pls open your views abt it

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #672 of 4,743
  guys im from pondicherry, India. pls suggest me a best headphone under 100 dollars(6000INR)..i prefer almost all genres..so im looking forward for a allrounder(May be a bit mid forward and no need of boom boom bass since im lot into vocals and instruments like guitar solos)..it should be a bang bor buck with great sound qaulity and build quality which is prime for me..Pls open your views abt it

you should specify some more info like dac/amp, form factor etc.

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #673 of 4,743
sennheiser HD449-------------> (Rs. 4250)
BeyerdynamicsDTX910------> (Rs.4600)
Denon AH D340-------------------> (Rs.5000)(i think its a costly model which is in sale now)
shure srh440 or 550 dj------------>(Rs.6000)

budget upto 6000INR

which one is best?
is denon AHD 340 is better than the rest?
what about shure srh440 build quality?
srh440 vs D340?

i dont need a boom boom bass but neeed great mids and highs,excellent separation, speed, non fatiguing and articulating sound. i was bit convinced by denons signature from what i read so far (Also it was sold at 300$ price tag once and now available for 85$!!!) and i feel like it matches my taste since im lot into vocals, beatles, nirvna, whitney houston, deep purple, Pop, dire straits,pink floyd, lot of guitar solos,so n so.. pls open ur suggestions.

Excluded UE6000 and CAL! from my list since they are prominent in bass and recessed in highs

Note:i dont have a amp to power it so should be capable of getting driven straight from my Macbook air

you should specify some more info like dac/amp, form factor etc.

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #674 of 4,743
Hello pals,

In addition to helping out Mr ganeshrajarajan here, I'm calling out to anyone who has a Blackberry Z10 for sale (yes) as I've read on more than one website that the audio output is very good, clean and responds well to good amping. Plus, an extremely fast music interface and a microSD card slot have made me add this to my target list for a good sounding DAP with a smooth UI. (Battery life can be compromised a bit I guess).

Thanks in advance!

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #675 of 4,743
  sennheiser HD449-------------> (Rs. 4250)
BeyerdynamicsDTX910------> (Rs.4600)
Denon AH D340-------------------> (Rs.5000)(i think its a costly model which is in sale now)
shure srh440 or 550 dj------------>(Rs.6000)

budget upto 6000INR

which one is best?
is denon AHD 340 is better than the rest?
what about shure srh440 build quality?
srh440 vs D340?

i dont need a boom boom bass but neeed great mids and highs,excellent separation, speed, non fatiguing and articulating sound. i was bit convinced by denons signature from what i read so far (Also it was sold at 300$ price tag once and now available for 85$!!!) and i feel like it matches my taste since im lot into vocals, beatles, nirvna, whitney houston, deep purple, Pop, dire straits,pink floyd, lot of guitar solos,so n so.. pls open ur suggestions.

Excluded UE6000 and CAL! from my list since they are prominent in bass and recessed in highs

Note:i dont have a amp to power it so should be capable of getting driven straight from my Macbook air

I have owned Sennheiser HD448 which is similar to 449.

It had thick and meaty mids. bass was tight but slightly one note. lot of people call it bass light but I heard they fixed it in HD449. Highs were not at all prominant, it was lot more darker than ue6000. It lacked sound stage depth and 3 dimentionality.

cant comment on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back