Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jul 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #391 of 1,205
Quote:
the R-shield pads are too small, my small ears only just fit, but they do sound good.

the R-50 do sound amazing for the price, but i still prefer the sound of the Shure SE425.

i put shure olives on the R-50 straight away.

You cant go wrong with the R20 and R30 for the price either.

I found it hard getting a good seal with the R10 and R11, but the sound isnt bad, a bit on the warmer side. will post a comparison in the future

you got the R30? can you give some impressions? 
and for the R10 too, pls

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #393 of 1,205
R30:

I used M shure olives, more comfy. Very comfortable IEMs.

Lows:
Great, perfect punch/thump with good extension too, articulate, and tight. Very good for a BA driver. Kick drums have enough power, and bass guitar sounds very good, even some sub-bass rumble can be heard.

Mids:
Detailed, but very slightly behind the bass. Very natural sounding, smooth with very little sibilance.

Highs:
Slightly behind the rest, laid back but with sufficient sparkle and detail to not sound boring. Extension is also fairly good.

Soundstage is fairly average.

Instrument separation is good too, these have a slightly warm tone to them.

R10

I used some tips that came with my hisound crystals as I couldnt get a good fit with the stock tips.

Comfortable once in. Some driver flex which is a bit annoying, and isolation is pretty average

Lows:
Quite a bit in quantity, with good punch and extension. They bleed a bit into the mids. Definitely bass orientated IEMs, very fun engaging sound.

Mids:
Warm because of the lows, they lack a bit of detail, but are not really recessed. No sibilance or harshness. Very smooth and relaxed.

Highs:
Lacking in presence, with a bit of a metallic sheen, quite relaxed and laid back. Very easy to listen to.

Soundstage is pretty small.

Instrument separation is surprisingly good.

Very warm laid back sound, lacking detail, but fun to listen to.
Not good for fast music as they become congested.

Regards
Oscar

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #394 of 1,205
thanks!
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #395 of 1,205
Jul 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #396 of 1,205
Hey all,

I've been interested in hearing a dual ba iem for awhile but I chose to go the safe route and purchase a pair of GR07's instead as I didn't want to deal with brightness and anemic bass.  After coming across this thread I ordered a R50 and I'm hoping that I will not be disappointed. I just have two questions...

#1 How natural does the R50 sound? My big phones are the hd650's which I will NEVER sell (unless its to buy food/water/shelter/air etc). I love the way that instruments sound absolutely real with them. The GR07 are clear and detailed and have nice bass however they lack a certain naturalness. I personally think it's due to a 1khz peak. As long as the R50 bass is adequate with and it sounds more natural it will be an improvement over the GR07. Am I asking for too much?

#2 The largest sony hybrid tips that fit my ears are the red/peach ones that came with my GR07's. I was going to pick up some BIflanges from futuresonic. Do i go with the small or medium?

thanks

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #397 of 1,205
I'm sure some of you may know this by now but Sony Hybrids also work really well with the R-50 and they don't hurt the soundstage like the stock tips do.  I'm actually liking them more than the Atrio dual flange but the Atrio foams are still my favorites with the hybrids a close 2nd.

Well now after doing some A/B'ing with the Atrio foam and Sony hybrids the hybirds make them sound a bit more airy which I like while the foam gives them a bit better bass response.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #398 of 1,205
This thread is a good read and has gotten me very interested in the R-50.

Would they be a nice addition to the Yamaha EPH-100?

Source is a J3 and I listen mostly to hip hop, but one of the reasons I want something to compliment the Yammie's is because I plan on expanding the genres I currently have on my J3. That would be rock (think stuff like Creedence, Tom Petty, David Bowie, The Band, etc.), some Bob Dylan, 60's Soul and the odd pop song here and there. The EPH-100 handles all that stuff really well, though it doesn't hurt to have different sound signatures. I'm particularly interested in how the bass of the R-50 compares to the EPH-100.

Also, I have some Sony hybrid tips that came with my Vsonic GR06. They should work with the R-50 right?

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #400 of 1,205
Quote:
This thread is a good read and has gotten me very interested in the R-50.

Would they be a nice addition to the Yamaha EPH-100?

Source is a J3 and I listen mostly to hip hop, but one of the reasons I want something to compliment the Yammie's is because I plan on expanding the genres I currently have on my J3. That would be rock (think stuff like Creedence, Tom Petty, David Bowie, The Band, etc.), some Bob Dylan, 60's Soul and the odd pop song here and there. The EPH-100 handles all that stuff really well, though it doesn't hurt to have different sound signatures. I'm particularly interested in how the bass of the R-50 compares to the EPH-100.

Also, I have some Sony hybrid tips that came with my Vsonic GR06. They should work with the R-50 right?

The R-50 is a great addition to the EPH-100 and sounds good with every type of music I've thrown at them.  The detail and clarity are great and the presentation is some of the best I've ever heard.

Sony hybrids work really well with them but I still think the Atrio foams are the best.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #401 of 1,205
Quote:
Hey everyone,

The CK10 and UE700 have always been the top IEM's in my mind for imaging and seperation ...

Last night I heard a new contender ...

I hope you're not going to come in this thread and say...FXD80 instead of R-50!
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #403 of 1,205
Quote:

I hope you're not going to come in this thread and say...FXD80 instead of R-50!
tongue.gif

I haven't heard the FXD80 but it uses the same driver as the FXT90 and really don't like the sound signature of thoughs and even if I did they don't sound near as good as the R-50.

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #405 of 1,205
Quote:
Hey everyone,

The CK10 and UE700 have always been the top IEM's in my mind for imaging and seperation ...

Last night I heard a new contender ...

I have not tried the CK10 but have the UE700.

For me

Imaging = TDK BA200 hands down
Separation = Fischer Audio DBA-02

The R-50 and the UE700 are good but these both have it.

In both areas R-50 > UE700 though.

Quote:

I haven't heard the FXD80 but it uses the same driver as the FXT90 and really don't like the sound signature of thoughs and even if I did they don't sound near as good as the R-50.

Haha, FXT90 = Dual Driver, FXD80 = Micro 'Single' Drive :p

Quote:

Sony hybrids work really well with them but I still think the Atrio foams are the best.

But you would have to mod them to fit them on as the Sony nozzle is a lot bigger than the tiny nozzle on the R-50 and it just seems like effort. Stock tips are not as bad as people say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back