Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Apr 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #31 of 1,205
Heres some pics but my phone doesn't have the best camera, its just of the IEM's and not the case and the other few things you get.  Build quality is pretty good and I like the cable a lot.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #32 of 1,205
thanks!  that really helps 
beerchug.gif

btw, how's isolation?

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #33 of 1,205
They isolate really well I don't hear anything but the music.  Also the fit is very comfortable and they're one of the lightest pair I have.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #35 of 1,205

Quote:
Wow, keeping my eyes open for more impressions, the sound great to go alongside my dba-02s and right I'm my mates street as well!

I haven't heard the DBA-02's but from what another head-fi'er said the R-50 has a warmer sound signature but still very detailed, I'm loving them at the moment.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #36 of 1,205

I haven't heard the DBA-02's but from what another head-fi'er said the R-50 has a warmer sound signature but still very detailed, I'm loving them at the moment.

The main reason that I love my DBAs is there sparkly and forward treble, what's the treble like in situation to the other frequencies on these? Also wondering as you said there apparently warmer whats the mid-bass quantity like in these, I'm sure the quality is great but I'm more curios on quantity?

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #38 of 1,205
I think its to help the fit and make them more comfortable but I really don't know.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #39 of 1,205

Quote:
The main reason that I love my DBAs is there sparkly and forward treble, what's the treble like in situation to the other frequencies on these? Also wondering as you said there apparently warmer whats the mid-bass quantity like in these, I'm sure the quality is great but I'm more curios on quantity?

The treble still has good sparkle just not overly bright which I'm not a fan of but the over all sound signature is quite balanced imo.  I think the bass is fantastic for such a small driver and has a good bit of quantity on a flat EQ and to me theres a just the right amount of mid-bass, to much makes it muddy up the sound.

I've listened to edm some alt rock and hip hop and these sound great with all of them.  I don't know how they work with EQ'ing because I like it flat but I'll mess with it later to see how they sound.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #40 of 1,205
Dont worry about EQuing as it is not something I like to do! A more natural sound signature does sound like it would work, I don't know if I was hoping it to still maintain a bright sig with just a tad more mid-bass or in fact how you describe it! These are for sure something to look out for though in my case!

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #41 of 1,205
I think they'd be a good complement to the DBA's as its a different sound signature and like jupiterknight said it still retains the positive traits of the DBA-02.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #42 of 1,205
I've been noticing that the treble can be quite bright when the track calls for it.  Normally I don't like really bright treble but it fits in so good with the over all sound signature that I'm starting to actually like it.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #43 of 1,205
I can only agree that I they don't lack treble at all and it's very well extended, but avoids the the overly done treble that can be a a long term unpleasant  experience with the DBA-02.  Also try experimenting with other tips, although I do find the stock tips to work very well, but you may by trying other tips find some tips that can place the bore closer to the eardrum and the width of sound stage will increase even more. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #44 of 1,205
The stock tips that were on them work great but I might try some Sony Hybrids to see if it makes a difference in soundstage though its already very well rounded, and thanks again for your review it really helped me make my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back