Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #196 of 2,617
@xvortex

Is there a way to seperate volume in DAC and ohm output on internal headphone amp?

It would be awesome to be able to control the internal amp more like an external amp.

+1

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #197 of 2,617

the main reason for which they do not have my sources in the main project is another man making port for fiio x1 based on the same cpu. Perhaps he will do his job better or will do it forever... Will see. Anyway if you wish to change/improve in my port - you're welcome!

Any change we can have the bootloader modified, so rockbox only run when lock switch ON, basically the opposite of current bootloader.

Now:
boot normal, rockbox
boot with lock, original firmware.

Request:
boot normal, original firmware
boot with lock, rockbox

Could you explain why this would be better?  I don't understand or see any reason for such a request.  Sorry.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #198 of 2,617

+1; Especially I would like to be able to fix the setting to a level that has no distortion whatsoever AND that matches most with the input of my AMP.

Does your amp clip under normal line out?  If not, I'm not sure why you'd want to adjust (actually, attenuate) the line out level rather than just leave it alone. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #199 of 2,617

Could you explain why this would be better?  I don't understand or see any reason for such a request.  Sorry.

one thing is when rollback from rockbock is not cumbersome, need to quickly switch to lock on
secondly actually i prefer original firmware than rockbox, for the lineout, also rockbock have waiting time if switching song
also if im not mistaken if charging from off position. only battery icon shown,not booting to rockbox

its good to have option.. which is the main boot. while keeping both firmware.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #200 of 2,617
one thing is when rollback from rockbock is not cumbersome, need to quickly switch to lock on
secondly actually i prefer original firmware than rockbox, for the lineout, also rockbock have waiting time if switching song
also if im not mistaken if charging from off position. only battery icon shown,not booting to rockbox

its good to have option.. which is the main boot. while keeping both firmware.

There was an overwhelming interest and demand for the porting of Rockbox to X3 and XVortex has put a lot of work in it while still tweaking and improving the ported RB firmware... Wouldn't be easier for anybody who's having doubts or negative feelings for the RB port to simply un-install it or not install it....?!

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #204 of 2,617
What worked for me was

Formatting drive to fat32 4096 sectors

Unzipping rockbox full onto the sd

Then transferring the still zipped update folder onto the card

then changing that file name to "update" not update.zip

then going through the normal upgrade process on x3

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #205 of 2,617
Nvm, I figured it out.

Glad you worked it out.  The "glitch" you encountered is one a few others have also and it is documented in this thread.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #208 of 2,617
Iam experiencing a strange thing in rockbox firmware.some of the mp3 files keep stopping on its own. If i unpause it runs for 2 seconds and then again freezes. But the stock firmware runs the same file without any hiccup.

What firmware are you using?

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #210 of 2,617
Iam experiencing a strange thing in rockbox firmware.some of the mp3 files keep stopping on its own. If i unpause it runs for 2 seconds and then again freezes. But the stock firmware runs the same file without any hiccup.

I have experienced that kind of stopping when listening through Line Out to amp with high volume. Volume down (to -20) solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back