Rockbox Fuze
Dec 12, 2009 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I have just downloaded the Rockbox Zip file,is it all I need to rockbox my fuze, also what is the rockbox firmware supposed to do,what benefits lie there.
Also the Zip file does not have instruction on how to install it.

Does anyone have any experience with Rockbox.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 23
Don’t be offended, but if you have to ask those questions here, you’re not ready for rockbox and could possibly brick your player beyond your ability to repair. If you do want to proceed, you should read as much as possible off their site. For example Installation and Why rockbox are two of the questions you asked about.

BTW, for a manual install you would need to download the bootloader as well as the rockbox zip.

Edit: You should also read this.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don’t be offended, but if you have to ask those questions here, you’re not ready for rockbox and could possibly brick your player beyond your ability to repair. If you do want to proceed, you should read as much as possible off their site. For example Installation and Why rockbox are two of the questions you asked about.

BTW, for a manual install you would need to download the bootloader as well as the rockbox zip.

I'am still waiting on the Fuze to arrive, not sure whether it will be version 1 or not, is there a significant SQ improvement or not.

PS- I'am not offended by your comments
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 23
If you are waiting on fuze, chances are that it's going to be a v2, unless you ordered refurb.

Sound Quality is not any different between the original firmware to rockbox if you run flat (without enhancements). What you do gain is a great EQ, gapless, pan, games and all the rest of the features listed in the link I provided.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

If you are waiting on fuze, chances are that it's going to be a v2, unless you ordered refurb.

Sound Quality is not any different between the original firmware to rockbox if you run flat (without enhancements). What you do gain is a great EQ, gapless, pan, games and all the rest of the features listed in the link I provided.

The Fuze is a used one,I will be using EQ Flat so rockbox won't do any different for me.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fuze is a used one,I will be using EQ Flat so rockbox won't do any different for me.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying that, but if better channel separation, performance, crossfeed, stereo width, dithering, replaygain, crossfade and many more features are not important to you, then I would tend to agree with you
tongue.gif

Edit: BTW even though there shouldn't be a differance using DAP flat, it allows for a great degree of customization and does enhance the listening experience with certain features.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

I wouldn’t go as far as saying that, but if better channel separation, performance, crossfeed, stereo width, dithering, replaygain, crossfade and many more features are not important to you, then I would tend to agree with you
tongue.gif

Edit: BTW even though there shouldn't be a differance using DAP flat, it allows for a great degree of customization and does enhance the listening experience with certain features.

I understand what you are getting into, but I don't want to colour my music before it reaches the Amp, atleast that's the idea.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 23
You know you can enable or disable any of those things. I only use replaygain. Also I don't know about the Fuze but the firmware is so much better than stock on two different DAP's I have. One was in a unusable state before Rockbox.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the firmware is so much better than stock on two different DAP's I have. …

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Rockbox, couldn't live without it now. My 80gig iPod with Rockbox, as long as it doesn't die, is almost my perfect DAP. … Don't know how I survived without Rockbox before I had it.

Kunalraiker need anyone say more, Nuff Said
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Rockbox, couldn't live without it now. My 80gig iPod with Rockbox, as long as it doesn't die, is almost my perfect DAP. Just wait until I get my Pico Slim.

Don't know how I survived without Rockbox before I had it.

Exactly the same situation here. I don't know what I'm going to do the day my Rockboxed 80 Gb iPod video dies. No PMP in the market includes crossfade, ReplayGain, fade-on-pause/skip/play, crossfeed and EQ. The only thing missing in my Rockboxed iPod is FM radio.

This has made me look to the Sansa Fuze as a possible replacement for my iPod but Rockbox still does not support Fuze v2
frown.gif
What am I going to do!? I'm so spoilt by Rockbox's features that going back to stock firmwares will be a real pain! I can only hope that support for the Fuze v2 is complete in the not-so-far-ahead future.

cheers!

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly the same situation here. I don't know what I'm going to do the day my Rockboxed 80 Gb iPod video dies. No PMP in the market includes crossfade, ReplayGain, fade-on-pause/skip/play, crossfeed and EQ. The only thing missing in my Rockboxed iPod is FM radio.

This has made me look to the Sansa Fuze as a possible replacement for my iPod but Rockbox still does not support Fuze v2
frown.gif
What am I going to do!? I'm so spoilt by Rockbox's features that going back to stock firmwares will be a real pain! I can only hope that support for the Fuze v2 is complete in the not-so-far-ahead future.

cheers!

I have not received my Fuze yet,,so I still don't know the version. but if its V1 , cause of all your comments guys will definately get it Rockboxed.
I'am really a no fuss user and am after just pure output, don't know whether using all these features will alter the sound, while using an LOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back