Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Apr 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #556 of 2,020
If you had fine battery reading, you'd better stay with original themes.
This mod is simply matching
99 with 90
98 with 80
91 with 10
90 with 0
As I've exactly the same problem as kingdixon.
Or you can check the battery level for full drain, then use notepad++ to open wps and change the battery part

Ah, I see what you're saying now...makes sense.  I've not fully tested to see if it reaches 0 at 90%, but I'm on 91% at the moment so we shall see.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #557 of 2,020
i am on RB dx50 the latest version for 2 days..i find something quite annoying...or maybe it can be set from setting? my problem is:

1. when i press power button, the system reaction is to return to up folder....and it doesnt off the lcd :frowning2:
2. fwd/rev button will not work when it's not in 'Now Playing' menu...sometimes i accidentally press power button and put my dx50 into my bag side pocket...when i press fwd/rev..nothing happen..
3. sometimes when the lcd is off, press power button would not turn on the lcd...

anyone have the same issue?

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #558 of 2,020
i am on RB dx50 the latest version for 2 days..i find something quite annoying...or maybe it can be set from setting? my problem is:

1. when i press power button, the system reaction is to return to up folder....and it doesnt off the lcd :frowning2:
2. fwd/rev button will not work when it's not in 'Now Playing' menu...sometimes i accidentally press power button and put my dx50 into my bag side pocket...when i press fwd/rev..nothing happen..
3. sometimes when the lcd is off, press power button would not turn on the lcd...

1. Power button will never turn off screen in this rockbox port. Screen off only if you wait for the backlight counter court to 0.
You can set it in setting-General settings-display-lcd settings-backlight(don't set it to off)

2. Fwd/rev in setting page will only scroll up/down, it will work as fwd/rev only if you're in wps.

3. Hold lock is off?

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #559 of 2,020

1. It was the intended function, since the back button is more useful that just rely on the touch screen. Simply set the the backlight to turn off in a few seconds when it's idle.

2. Hmnn. This works for me. Even when the lock switch is on, the hardware buttons still work. Are you sure you are on the WPS screen and not on any menu screen?

3. I think this happens when the screen is off for a long time and DX50 goes into sleep.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #560 of 2,020
1. Power button will never turn off screen in this rockbox port. Screen off only if you wait for the backlight counter court to 0.
You can set it in setting-General settings-display-lcd settings-backlight(don't set it to off)

2. Fwd/rev in setting page will only scroll up/down, it will work as fwd/rev only if you're in wps.

3. Hold lock is off?

yes..i dont use my hold lock at all..cos i always toggle my song from side pocket just to fwd to another song..i like to play all songs in my sd card and then use fwd to get a song randomly..

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #561 of 2,020
yes..i dont use my hold lock at all..cos i always toggle my song from side pocket just to fwd to another song..i like to play all songs in my sd card and then use fwd to get a song randomly..

same here.. I don't use the lock button.
headwhacker is right..Set your backlight to 0 and make sure your in now playing window until the back light turns off.. Fwd/Rev and play button should work even if you're using the lock button..

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #562 of 2,020
I have been noting this thread with interest since I have just loaded RB onto an old Sansa that I have, and am just learning how to use it.  I had a question on the playlist function:  How advanced is the playlist functionality of this DX-50 build compared to other more mature RB versions on other devices?

One of the things I'm looking for is the ability to create a "jukebox-style" dynamic "on-the-go" playlist (i.e., a "now playing" queue) so that I could browse the library and add random tracks to play after the currently-playing track.  My understanding is that Rockbox does that - does this function also work on the DX-50 in RB?

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #564 of 2,020
I can't live without "insert next" and "insert last" among rockbox PL features. You can do this for an an individual track, artist, album, genre, or even by letter. Even more is the ability to remove or move any song from the playlist all the while in the active playlist.

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #565 of 2,020
I never used the playlist in stock FW maybe once or twice just to try it. In rockbox I alway play music through a playlist one way or another.

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #569 of 2,020
Guys just curious, will it take much tweaking for rockbox to work on the dx90?any plans to make it work with that model down the line or perhaps it's compatible with both 50 and 90 since designs are very silimar..

Cheers

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #570 of 2,020
Guys just curious, will it take much tweaking for rockbox to work on the dx90?any plans to make it work with that model down the line or perhaps it's compatible with both 50 and 90 since designs are very silimar..

Cheers

The underlying chip and FW is definitely different from DX50. But I'm hopeful, since RB has been working fine on DX50 porting it to DX90 should be possible. Which is another reason I'm looking forward to get my hands on DX90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back