Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Dec 29, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #1,456 of 2,020
Guys i've got a problem with my dx50 while running rockbox. When I go to the rockbox menù (settings etc) I often see the screen becoming darker (like when you don't use it for few seconds) and it doesn't respond to my commands anymore. Than I need to press the power/stand-by button, in order to "unlock" or get it works again.

Anyone has experienced the same?

TY

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #1,457 of 2,020

I haven't used mine for long, so i might be confused a bit,

but seeing you have dual boot, then i guess you have cwm, i think that won't update original stock image update.img ? i think you have to be on stock recovery to do this ?

I have the Sound Unlocked Rockbox single boot with stock recovery.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #1,458 of 2,020
  Guys i've got a problem with my dx50 while running rockbox. When I go to the rockbox menù (settings etc) I often see the screen becoming darker (like when you don't use it for few seconds) and it doesn't respond to my commands anymore. Than I need to press the power/stand-by button, in order to "unlock" or get it works again.

Anyone has experienced the same?

TY

It's a setting under the Display settings menu, backlight fade in/fade out and  caption backlight, I think.

Adding to that, the DX50 doesn't seem to have the capability of the Cowon D2 when using Rockbox, that tapping the screen wakes it up, you have to go press the power button for it to wake up.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,460 of 2,020

It's a setting under the Display settings menu, backlight fade in/fade out and  caption backlight, I think.

Adding to that, the DX50 doesn't seem to have the capability of the Cowon D2 when using Rockbox, that tapping the screen wakes it up, you have to go press the power button for it to wake up.

TY I've tried to change some setting. It's not a bit problem but if I can find a solution is obviously better :)

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,461 of 2,020
Guys I'm back with some impression about the Rockbox on the DX50. I really enjoyed the user interface, the features, the better compatibility with my SD card but I'm not so happy with the sound quality. Maybe it would be better to say that I prefere the original firmware in terms of SQ. 
With rockbox it sounds more "innatural" and "artificial" to my ears. This is more evident with my HE400 while with my UM Pro 30 it wasn't bad at all. I think that with my genres this firmware doesn't fit really good with my headphones. With the original firmware I hear a more smooth (more refined and less bloomed bass) and more balanced sound.

Is there a way to come back to the original firmware only in single boot or to try something else? maybe another rockbox with a different sound tweak?

Thank for your work and for your answers in advance 

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,462 of 2,020
Guys I'm back with some impression about the Rockbox on the DX50. I really enjoyed the user interface, the features, the better compatibility with my SD card but I'm not so happy with the sound quality. Maybe it would be better to say that I prefere the original firmware in terms of SQ. 
With rockbox it sounds more "innatural" and "artificial" to my ears. This is more evident with my HE400 while with my UM Pro 30 it wasn't bad at all. I think that with my genres this firmware doesn't fit really good with my headphones. With the original firmware I hear a more smooth (more refined and less bloomed bass) and more balanced sound.

Is there a way to come back to the original firmware only in single boot or to try something else? maybe another rockbox with a different sound tweak?

Thank for your work and for your answers in advance 

Are you using stock Rockbox or Sound Unlocked?

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #1,465 of 2,020
  Anyway I removed the Rockbox.. The thing I will miss more is the absence of sound stuttering that I have with the Stock firmware

I would highly recommend Sound Unlocked Rockbox if you are willing to give it a try! I don't like the stock Rockbox sound a whole lot either, but Sound Unlocked is fantastic!

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,469 of 2,020
  I would highly recommend Sound Unlocked Rockbox if you are willing to give it a try! I don't like the stock Rockbox sound a whole lot either, but Sound Unlocked is fantastic!

Must be placebo effect. The perceived change does not affect rockbox at all. See medmitry's comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back