Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Dec 28, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,441 of 2,020
  I'm having problems with uninstalling the Sound Unlocked Rockbox. I put the image file of stock Mango 1.6 in the root of the card, recovery mode and install from SD came up with no update or faulty update. Have tried different cards, downloading the image file again, factory reset from recovery.
Factory reset wiped the ".rockbox" file and left the player in iBasso audio start up screen, adding the RB file allows the player to boot into RB, but I can't seem to install any other firmware.

I also have a problem with the install (I touched where I should not). And I had the same problem trying to install 1.6 but it was without problem with 1.5, after I installed 1.6.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #1,445 of 2,020

So if someone give you something and said it's improved do you just believe it and not verify if the claim is correct?

Ok, you repeated another claim like a mantra

Quote:
Like I said rockbox directly access the DAC natively not by Android platform.

Just be consistent and please point to this part of rockbox code where rockbox directly access the DAC. (maybe rockchip aSoC layer is wider? where were implemented such things like `fir_rolloff_speed`/`irr_bandwidth`/etc?)

I'm interested in what this modification is that makes what you call hi-fi sound.

No more any mystic. It was an abracadabra not a hi-fi sound, sorry :frowning2:

I'm having problems with uninstalling the Sound Unlocked Rockbox. I put the image file of stock Mango 1.6 in the root of the card, recovery mode and install from SD came up with no update or faulty update. Have tried different cards, downloading the image file again, factory reset from recovery.
Factory reset wiped the ".rockbox" file and left the player in iBasso audio start up screen, adding the RB file allows the player to boot into RB, but I can't seem to install any other firmware.

I repeated this on my device using 1.6.0 FW. Seems like 1.2.2 `updater` bug try to re-run "apply update from SD card" several times.. works for me.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #1,446 of 2,020
BTW, I wanna share some information to rb developers I found recently. I think it would be helpful.

here is Mango 1.5.0 source code - https://github.com/liuwenlong/my-linux-gui

Pretty sure it can be used to fix some issues, like battery level, https://github.com/liuwenlong/my-linux-gui/blob/work/apps/player/playingView.cpp#L598-L612 or improve usb dac implemenration/etc :)

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1,447 of 2,020
  Ok, you repeated another claim like a mantra

Quote:
Like I said rockbox directly access the DAC natively not by Android platform.

Just be consistent and please point to this part of rockbox code where rockbox directly access the DAC. (maybe rockchip aSoC layer is wider? where were implemented such things like `fir_rolloff_speed`/`irr_bandwidth`/etc?)

No more any mystic. It was an abracadabra not a hi-fi sound, sorry :frowning2:

I repeated this on my device using 1.6.0 FW. Seems like 1.2.2 `updater` bug try to re-run "apply update from SD card" several times.. works for me.

Look here, Rockbox directly access the kernel level ALSA drivers not the Android Audio stack. Although the code branch is under the Android sub-branch, the DX50 port do not have dependency on Android's stack.

http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=tree;f=firmware/target/hosted/android/dx50;hb=HEAD

That is why I am asking where you exactly added your enhancement that affects Rockbox. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #1,448 of 2,020

Look here, Rockbox directly access the kernel level ALSA drivers not the Android Audio stack. Although the code branch is under the Android sub-branch, the DX50 port do not have dependency on Android's stack.

http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=tree;f=firmware/target/hosted/android/dx50;hb=HEAD

That is why I am asking where you exactly added your enhancement that affects Rockbox. 

that's it, no any direct access the DAC/etc, just some implementation for PCM interface of platform driver(using tinyalsa or whatever). So read my comments above I'm talked about rk2928 platform in general, I didn't change any line of code in rockbox, it was  ArgelErx's & cholero version. Just added some abracadabra, sorry for using "hi-fi"/etc. 

Cheers!

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #1,449 of 2,020
  that's it, no any direct access the DAC/etc, just some implementation for PCM interface of platform driver(using tinyalsa or whatever). So read my comments above I'm talked about rk2928 platform in general, I didn't change any line of code in rockbox, it was  ArgelErx's & cholero version. Just added some abracadabra, sorry for using "hi-fi"/etc. 

Cheers!

No worries, I thought you made a fix or mod at the ALSA drivers that is why I'm curious. Funny thing is people may have already believed "Rockbox" sound has improved. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #1,450 of 2,020
  BTW, I wanna share some information to rb developers I found recently. I think it would be helpful.

Pretty sure it can be used to fix some issues, like battery level, https://github.com/liuwenlong/my-linux-gui/blob/work/apps/player/playingView.cpp#L598-L612 or improve usb dac implemenration/etc :)

Thats just the source code for the dx50 music player app, which is what rockbox would replace.  

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #1,451 of 2,020

Interesting, thanks!

But you still did not give us the recipe of your abracadabra. You don't have to, but it would be nice.

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #1,452 of 2,020

I tried running it 10-20 times with both 1.5 and 1.6 but still no joy, "can not found firmware image or invalid image, update aborted".

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #1,453 of 2,020

No worries, I thought you made a fix or mod at the ALSA drivers that is why I'm curious. 

Yep, no worries, I thought a rockbox directly access the DAC is why I'm curious. But no luck. 

Thats just the source code for the dx50 music player app, which is what rockbox would replace.  

As I said above.. It would be helpful for someone.

I tried running it 10-20 times with both 1.5 and 1.6 but still no joy, "can not found firmware image or invalid image, update aborted".

sorry for this( try  RKbatchtool

Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4. Update firmware(choose a or b,c)
   a. The one MUST work: Use the RKbatchtool(1.7w/3.5driver) or RKbatchtool(from iBasso) to flash the update.img (instruction)

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,454 of 2,020
I already tried the RKBatchtool as well, but as I have windows 8.1 it doesn't recognize the DX50 when it's switched off, or at least I can't find a version that does. Trying to install the RK USB drivers manually will not work either. Does the iBasso RKBT work on win 8.1? The link seems dead and I can't find it anywhere on the iBasso site either.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #1,455 of 2,020
  I already tried the RKBatchtool as well, but as I have windows 8.1 it doesn't recognize the DX50 when it's switched off, or at least I can't find a version that does. Trying to install the RK USB drivers manually will not work either. Does the iBasso RKBT work on win 8.1? The link seems dead and I can't find it anywhere on the iBasso site either.

I haven't used mine for long, so i might be confused a bit,

but seeing you have dual boot, then i guess you have cwm, i think that won't update original stock image update.img ? i think you have to be on stock recovery to do this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back