Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,622 of 2,020
Hi,

Another getting started question: is it possible to get this to power up to the playing screen but paused? The previous screen setting seems to start playing even if it was paused previously and 'resume play' does what it says....

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #1,623 of 2,020
No, sorry. You can start at the main menu, the files section, database view, the settings menu, or recent bookmarks - these are the options that don't start playing immediately. At least with the main menu option you're one click away from the wps, which is about the same as what you're asking about.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #1,624 of 2,020
  No, sorry. You can start at the main menu, the files section, database view, the settings menu, or recent bookmarks - these are the options that don't start playing immediately. At least with the main menu option you're one click away from the wps, which is about the same as what you're asking about.

Thanks for the info. but I find that extremely odd; is this a rockbox thing or just this port?

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #1,625 of 2,020
That's the same for all versions of rockbox on all platforms. At least the "official" builds. Take a look at the manual(s) - the cowan one is fairly close to the one for this port (that manual doesn't exist yet). Read it and see if there actually might be a way to do what you're looking for - I may have forgotten something. Remember that rockbox is extensively customizable through patches - there's probably a pre-built patch somewhere that'll do what you're looking for - then it's just a matter of recompiling it. Well, not really an easy task, but once this port takes root customized versions are sure to appear. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,626 of 2,020
Thanks sduck, I was wondering which manual was closest. Can't find anything else, so I guess it would need a mod.

Powering up in the same state I powered down (inc. wps paused) would have been the very first power-up option I'd have thought of - really can't understand why it hasn't been done. I guess I must have a strange mind... 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,627 of 2,020
Hi All,

I've got a crucial question! My DX50 is on the first ever modified 1.2.8 with Rockbox (the initial release with the Mango and RB image for boot).
Do I need to do something special to updated to the latest official firmware?

I cant remember if there was something in the instructions back then!!

Special steps I should do? (remove somehow and then update?)

Thanks
Tasos

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #1,628 of 2,020
Sorry for my bad English.

This is text translation in Spanish:
First download this file and copy it verbatim to the root directory. ...
-The Stock recovery (click here https://www.sendspace.com/file/0b3lr9). This is because if we want to install the original "firms", this has to put in the root directory of DX50 this zip file containing the recovery of iBasso. To install replacing the CWM.

With the repro off press both vol + power (keep a few seconds) and enter the CWM recovery. We seek zip "stock_recovery" and say to install it, there will be a time when you will get a list of "no", we down and look for a "yes install stock recovery", confirm and reboot when finished. Then starting in Mango can install any firmware iBasso we want. Update.img file to root directory; → Settings → Advanced → Update System → Ok.

If by chance the change of firm (or "wipe data / factory") has not erased folders Rockbox root, we can do it manually.

Greetings.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,630 of 2,020
Official "development builds"* can now be downloaded from the rockbox page. Here is the always valid link for the latest build:

http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-ibassodx50.zip

* a new build is made with every code change. This builds can be buggy (but usually not)

Is there a way to tell what changes have been made and when there is a new version available on the Rockbox site?

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,631 of 2,020
Well, there is the complete list here:
http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=summary
With every new entry there is a new build. Look for iBasso in the title of the change to filter out the ones that are affecting our player a lot.

And there is the general major changes list, where only the important commits are listed and explained quickly:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #1,632 of 2,020
After getting back to stock recovery (from cmw) I have the IMG file (I tested both the rb_dual and the stock from ibasso site).
The stock recovery says image not found!!!

All file on internal drive (I did test the external SD to but nothing more)

What do I do next???

Thanks

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #1,633 of 2,020
  After getting back to stock recovery (from cmw) I have the IMG file (I tested both the rb_dual and the stock from ibasso site).
The stock recovery says image not found!!!

All file on internal drive (I did test the external SD to but nothing more)

What do I do next???

Thanks

I have not read it yet, nobody has reported that "stock-recovery" has worked to install "update.img". It may be a bug. All reports are identical to yours. Mine too.

But you have to do is put the "update.img" firmware file in the root directory of DX50. Reset the device and the configuration menu Mango (no recovery), go to Advanced → Update system → ok.
The "update system" appears below the "factory reset"; Only, if file "update.img" is there in root directory.

Greetings.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,634 of 2,020
  I have not read it yet, nobody has reported that "stock-recovery" has worked to install "update.img". It may be a bug. All reports are identical to yours. Mine too.

But you have to do is put the "update.img" firmware file in the root directory of DX50. Reset the device and the configuration menu Mango (no recovery), go to Advanced → Update system → ok.
The "update system" appears below the "factory reset"; Only, if file "update.img" is there in root directory.

Greetings.

So its OK to update the hacked dualbook IMG from the MANGO update menu??

EDIT: I did the update via the Mango menu. all seem ok but I do get stack at the Lib scanning. I manually deleted all the library files that mango stores in the internal memory. If I do a reset to factory settings now that I have the RBox hacked version do I get a problem??

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,635 of 2,020

So its OK to update the hacked dualbook IMG from the MANGO update menu??

EDIT: I did the update via the Mango menu. all seem ok but I do get stack at the Lib scanning. I manually deleted all the library files that mango stores in the internal memory. If I do a reset to factory settings now that I have the RBox hacked version do I get a problem??

If what you mean is that Mango accept the update.img hacked to dualboot, the new updated firmware patched version, yes.

After each official firmware update (even patched), remember to do a "factory reset" and erase the memory update.img.

The "factory reset" does not erase the rockbox folder (at least on my device, so). Erase any other folder there will not cause problems. Remember, if you want to continue enjoying rockbox not erase the rockbox folder.

And if you want to update rockbox read page 1 of this thread.

If any problem ask.

Greetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back