Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Apr 27, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,846 of 1,873
I would have loved to audition the Soundkaos. All reviews are really promising. Plus I find they look really great. But it wasn’t possible to demo them anywhere in my country (Germany). And restocking fees with them was quite too much. Now I am enjoying AN K Spe.
Yes, my wife prefer the design of Sound Kaos. And the sensitivity and impedance looks promising. I will keep you updated. Thanks man.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,850 of 1,873
53681328833_1a5bf107ec_k.jpg

this beautiful thing goes back to its owner this weekend.. so sad to see it go! thanks, @Mystel for lending it to me!

I hope my own unit arrives soon. I ordered one in the darker titanium finish. I tried some brief tube rolling with the aic-10.. the stock tube is pretty decent, but I like a NOS Mullard 12AU7 the most. @Mystel passed me a telefunken G73R with diamond base which he just purchased, and I tried it but the sound didn't really gel with me.. made the amp veer a bit too much towards neutral/ss/reference sound; does this tube take a long time to run in? tried it for 2 days or so, and just had to swap the Mullard back in and then all was good again.

Assuming maybe you didn't, but you didn't try any of your Raal headphones to compare between the AIC and the VM-1a did you? I'm been mulling over an AIC purchase and with the Immanis eventually on the way, I'm wondering if it's the smart way to go.

The Immanis through the VM-1a compared to the transformer box/Felix Envy at Axpona was quite noticeably better. Thinking about tracking a VM-1a down, but would really prefer an all in one unit I can replace my two amp system with.

If not, what mainly have you been listening to with it?

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #1,851 of 1,873
Assuming maybe you didn't, but you didn't try any of your Raal headphones to compare between the AIC and the VM-1a did you? I'm been mulling over an AIC purchase and with the Immanis eventually on the way, I'm wondering if it's the smart way to go.

The Immanis through the VM-1a compared to the transformer box/Felix Envy at Axpona was quite noticeably better. Thinking about tracking a VM-1a down, but would really prefer an all in one unit I can replace my two amp system with.

If not, what mainly have you been listening to with it?
Hi, my friends have done the test. He borrowed Immanis from the dealer and tried with AIC-10 bal (through speaker taps in the back). It sounds fantastic, better than his own susvara. We anre are aok shocked by the performance of RAAL. After the test, a few of us have ordered RAAL immediately.

Attachments

• 2899a7058932715f2f4bce3e88ec6757.jpeg
    2899a7058932715f2f4bce3e88ec6757.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #1,852 of 1,873
Hi, my friends have done the test. He borrowed Immanis from the dealer and tried with AIC-10 bal (through speaker taps in the back). It sounds fantastic, better than his own susvara. We anre are aok shocked by the performance of RAAL. After the test, a few of us have ordered RAAL immediately.

Thank you! I was particularly talking about it vs. the VM-1a. I think the Feliks Envy is likely a great performer overall with many headphones, but the VM-1a (unexpectedly to me) was quite noticeably better--although the Immanis was great through it as well. So wondering if there's be a similar difference here.

But that's still awesome to hear that it sounded amazing with the AIC. And when you say the speaker taps, you mean directly through a cable adapter? No raal transformer box in between? That would be interesting indeed if so.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #1,853 of 1,873
Thank you! I was particularly talking about it vs. the VM-1a. I think the Feliks Envy is likely a great performer overall with many headphones, but the VM-1a (unexpectedly to me) was quite noticeably better--although the Immanis was great through it as well. So wondering if there's be a similar difference here.

But that's still awesome to hear that it sounded amazing with the AIC. And when you say the speaker taps, you mean directly through a cable adapter? No raal transformer box in between? That would be interesting indeed if so.
I made a mistake. Sorry, because I was not there that day. Susvara through speaker taps, RAAL connected to transformer through front XLR. You can listen to both on AIC simultaneously.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #1,854 of 1,873
I made a mistake. Sorry, because I was not there that day. Susvara through speaker taps, RAAL connected to transformer through front XLR. You can listen to both on AIC simultaneously.

No worries at all! Thanks for confirming! And again it's good to hear that impressions were really favorable out of it.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #1,855 of 1,873
I have used the CA-1A w/ T1-1B on the Riviera AIC-10 from the speaker taps using the Danacable Nirvana XLR adapter. It’s an outstanding pairing. I can’t wait to get the Immanis in the future. But want to upgrade my DAC 1st.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #1,856 of 1,873
I have used the CA-1A w/ T1-1B on the Riviera AIC-10 from the speaker taps using the Danacable Nirvana XLR adapter. It’s an outstanding pairing. I can’t wait to get the Immanis in the future. But want to upgrade my DAC 1st.
What dac you using?

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #1,857 of 1,873
I currently use YT Audio N2 cable and adapter with Susvara connected to speaker taps, and it sounds so good. I ordered Danacable Nirvana XLR adapter and Voila cable for my susvara.
But, but my friend told me, still, even with danacable, RAAL(original cable) sounds better than Sus. Much faster speed and better dynamics.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #1,859 of 1,873
Currently the Chord Hugo TT2/MScaler Combo. But have my eye on the Playback Designs MPD-8.
Got my eyes on that dac as well, the mpd8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back