RIP Joseph Grado 07/05/1924-02/06/2015
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

DannyB

500+ Head-Fier
The following is posted on behalf of Joe's daughter.

Today the world lost a great leader, creative inventor and entrepreneur in the audio world.
Joseph Frederick Grado, founder and creator of Grado Labs and Signature Products, passed away this morning. On his behalf, I would like to thank you all for the support of his products, your friendship to my father and for contributing to his success in the audio world. 
Thank you,
Evelyn Grado-Wolynies

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 38
We have lost a great man that even amazed (and frightened) those in the general technology forums.

May your days in the afterlife become as clear and lifeful as the audio equipment you helped produce over the years of this life, Mr. Joseph Grado. :)

Edit: Geez, even my eulogies need the preview button. :wink:

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 38
My condolences to the family.

I'm sure many in this community will forever be grateful that he created the HP1000's, some of the best headphones that are still around.

May he rest in peace.

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 38
Anyone who enjoys music should pause for a moment and give thanks for the life of Joe Grado...

"Don’t cry for me for I go where music is born"

~ Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)

Thank you Danny for sharing this sad news, as well as being such a fine friend to Joe for many years.  I am saddened to learn of the passing of our great mentor and fine friend Joseph "Joe" Grado; Tenor par excellence, founder of Grado Labs, a key contributor to what history will remember as "Hi Fidelity sound", the perfector of the stereophonic phonograph cartridge, an inventor of amazing talents and an extreme perfectionist of the highest order. I had spent yesterday with Joe at his home in Rock Hill enjoying one another's good company and saying our goodbyes.

Below is a link to some select images from our life and good times together. He was a complicated gentleman whose like we will never see again, but for whose mentorship and fine friendship I will treasure for the rest of my days.  Here's a collection of images of my great mentor, Mr. Joseph "Joe" Grado and Brigitte his late wife along with members of his family and friends:

http://po.st/0jIq2M

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."
~ Elbert Hubbard ~ (Born 1856 – died on the "Lusitania" May 7, 1915 )

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 38
A legend for sure....RIP, sir.

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 38
RIP Joe - your legacy will live on, and we are the better for it.

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #11 of 38
Very sad news..:frowning2:
Such an icon and legend he will be sorely missed.
See you on the other side Joseph..
RIP.

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 38
[COLOR=141823]Anyone who enjoys music should pause for a moment and give thanks for the life of Joe Grado...

"Don’t cry for me for I go where music is born"[/COLOR][COLOR=141823]
[/COLOR][COLOR=141823]~ Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)[/COLOR]

Thank you Danny for sharing this sad news, as well as being such a fine friend to Joe for many years.  I am saddened to learn of the passing of our great mentor and fine friend Joseph "Joe" Grado; Tenor par excellence, founder of Grado Labs, a key contributor to what history will remember as "Hi Fidelity sound", the perfector of the stereophonic phonograph cartridge, an inventor of amazing talents and an extreme perfectionist of the highest order. I had spent yesterday with Joe at his home in Rock Hill enjoying one another's good company and saying our goodbyes.

Below is a link to some select images from our life and good times together. He was a complicated gentleman whose like we will never see again, but for whose mentorship and fine friendship I will treasure for the rest of my days.  Here's a collection of images of my great mentor, Mr. Joseph "Joe" Grado and Brigitte his late wife along with members of his family and friends:

http://po.st/0jIq2M

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

~ Elbert Hubbard ~ (Born 1856 – died on the "Lusitania" May 7, 1915 )

Some wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #13 of 38
Yeah, thanks for posting those pictures....those are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back