Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 20, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,816 of 2,508
  A tiny bit? haha ok I will give you a tiny bit.

Solar is slightly V shaped as I said before, galaxy on the other hand is more linear in comparison, but with a peak at upper mid section, providing a very airy, spacious presentation.
Solar sounds fuller in comparison to galaxy due to its more procnouced mid-upper bass and lower mid. Galaxy's bass is more dominate in the sub bass region, so it is slower but deeper. 
Taz23 is correct about the extension on both sides, galaxy is slightly better in that regard, specially the treble extension. 

There will be a review on it, so I will save the rest. :)

I went back to the SG 2.98 cable today.  While retaining the details and soundstage, the sound is now warmer and slightly darker as compared to with the Rhapsodio silver litz cable.

The treble extension with the silver litz is heavenly, but I love my treble (in addition to good bass).  With the SG 2.98, I am confident that it will be non-fatiguing with no sibilance for most, if not all.  This is not to say that the Galaxy is sibilant with the silver lizt because I do not find it sibilant at all; but then again, I am known to be very tolerant among my friends.  So, YMMV.

In my opinion, the Galaxy responds quite readily to a good set of cables to fine-tune the sound.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #1,820 of 2,508
I am just teasing. I am highly skeptical about cables, but still try. Also the 2.98 4 wire is great in terms of ergonomics.

Your right, the cable, it feels nice and sits comfy, and looks like a silver chain. Almost white gold in appearance.

I have a cable that is solid core, and awful to wear. But you plug this into a cheap mid range iem, and it changes them in an amazing way.
One day if we ever catch up, I will give you the example, it will change your mind about cables.

However, I only have one cable for the Solar, (so I don't know any better, and wouldn't change it right now. Not even for the nun!) this is why I ask. LoL

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #1,821 of 2,508
Your right, the cable, it feels nice and sits comfy, and looks like a silver chain. Almost white gold in appearance.

I have a cable that is solid core, and awful to wear. But you plug this into a cheap mid range iem, and it changes them in an amazing way.
One day if we ever catch up, I will give you the example, it will change your mind about cables.

However, I only have one cable for the Solar, (so I don't know any better, and wouldn't change it right now. Not even for the nun!) this is why I ask. LoL

I have a 8-braid Prima Donna cable from Beat Audio coming in so I will be able to compare it to other cables.

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #1,824 of 2,508
Well the wallet part is like a diva too.

It doesn't say whether the cable is gold/silver? And what the ratio is, but it looks like a similar cable to the rhapsodio 2.98, which is also specially geared towards voice clarity.

What the, I have just seen the price for 8 core, this cable better come with the nun as well buddy. LOL

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #1,827 of 2,508
Solar is here. Or should I say God of Thunder?!?

Haha, you had to 'Shout It Out Loud', didn't you?
wink.gif

But now you can 'Rock & Roll All Night!' for sure...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,828 of 2,508
  I went back to the SG 2.98 cable today.  While retaining the details and soundstage, the sound is now warmer and slightly darker as compared to with the Rhapsodio silver litz cable.

The treble extension with the silver litz is heavenly, but I love my treble (in addition to good bass).  With the SG 2.98, I am confident that it will be non-fatiguing with no sibilance for most, if not all.  This is not to say that the Galaxy is sibilant with the silver lizt because I do not find it sibilant at all; but then again, I am known to be very tolerant among my friends.  So, YMMV.

In my opinion, the Galaxy responds quite readily to a good set of cables to fine-tune the sound.

I actually find the 2.98 has the similar brightness compared to the rhapsodio cable, both of these cable bring out a lot of sparkle and detail compared to my other cables.
I understand the sibilance you are talking about on the galaxy, I can hear that too on some forward airy-mastered vocals. I can handle it, because the sibilance is from the low frequency range of the spectrum, which means it only gives you the main body of the sibilance but no the actual heat/tearing of your eardrum feeling (if you know what I mean lol).

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,830 of 2,508

hmm, i thought the solar was a little bit cooler?

I have not heard the Galaxy before,but from what I've heard if you were to compare it to Galaxy..I think the solar would have more bass and a touch more warmth.. best solution is probably to buy both
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back