Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #46 of 2,057
Well I wouldn't call it a basshead headphone but rather an audiophile headphone with really great bass quality and quantity. After burn-in, the bass sounds really natural with just about any kind of music I've played and is one of my favorite things about it, even though I'm a mids lover at heart. It has really visceral slam and just the right amount of decay. It really digs deep within the sub bass region and gives that extra atmospheric feel for certain tracks.

I'm honestly not disappointed at all that you didn't purchase my pair since I'm super reluctant to let them go in the first place haha. Means more time for me to enjoy them before they leave. 
L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #47 of 2,057
If I would have saw ur fs thread before I clicked to process my purchase last night urs would have been sold to me. But it looks like this is not a basshead headphone.

Also out of curiosity, what did you end up purchasing?

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #49 of 2,057
  it wasnt a headphone but to record and use as a DAC I needed to get the Universal audio apollo twin duo. Not a headphone. But a deal like urs is hard to pass up and I would have by impulse grabbed it.

Ah I see, well hit me up if you ever feel that impulse creeping up again 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #51 of 2,057

These can be new toys for people who crave for vocal. Last night I played songs from Katie Melua direct via CDP Marantz 6004, and it's awesome already. Don't think that this headphone is truly allrounder though,

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #52 of 2,057
For what it does right, it does amazingly. But not an all rounder as you said.

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #54 of 2,057
I'm curious as to what genres of music you guys find the PHVI to be unsuitable for. I've found that they actually do quite well as all-rounders. I do agree about its ability to excel at vocals and live performances though.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #56 of 2,057
Jazz, Classical and Slower rock are fine, for the heavier, faster paced rock I mainly listen too they sounded too slow and thick.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #57 of 2,057
I thought the same thing during the first week or so that I had them but I find that they feel fast enough after the bass tightened up. One of my favorite albums to listen to on the PHVI is actually fast paced J-Rock.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #58 of 2,057
I listen to Post-Hardcore like Alesana, Silverstein and more so they are not the best for that music genres

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #59 of 2,057
Ohh okay, interesting. I haven't listened to Silverstein since 2005 when their Discovering the Waterfront album was released, maybe I'll have to revisit their music. Any albums or tracks you recommend?

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #60 of 2,057
so a person I have been talking to about headphones a lot lately has these and they are one of his favorites if not his favorite. He said that the bass of this headphone hits like a sledge hammer while my yamaha hph is like a hand mallet incomparison. 

If that is the case than these can be called basshead headphones. just because they are more refined doesnt mean they cant be called basshead headphones. If they have more in quantity than an lcd2(mistakenly called a bass head phone) then I would say they are. 

I have a lot of time now until I can grab these but I am leaning towards these or the dido p901 when i do grab some. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back