Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jan 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #31 of 2,057
  Very interesting design but I just can't see how a BA can produce enough volume to make a difference without it being inserted into the ear. If I take one of my IEM's and put it on blast just mm from my ear they don't sound very good but I guess FAD has found a way to give there's the volume and heft to be effective.  

They definitely did and the BA gives a real "pop" to details and micro details, and overall clarity and transparency. How they managed to do without any crossover is a puzzle as that means both driver are covering the full spectrum. I think the way the BA is positioned (very close to the ear) is also a factor.

Whatever magic they've worked out, I love the combination of a dynamic and BA driver here. 
Also remember their BAs are custom made it's not the BAs you find everywhere.

They sound more open than my SRH1840 oO

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #33 of 2,057
Pandora VI has totally replaced Ultrasone ed-8 as my portable headphones.

i still find myself taking the time to find the right spot on my head when i put them on, but the most uncomfortable part is actually when i don't have them on my head. when they're around my neck, they pull the stubble, lol.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #34 of 2,057
I do think they are very musical sounding, and they are great. Comfort is always subjective, I just wish for deeper pads. Some people wont have a problem with the comfort.

Again, they are unique and incredible, just not for me.

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #35 of 2,057
Just got them yesterday and loving it. It really does sound unique. Need more brain and headphone break in to really get into the signature (the hybrid sounds new to me). Initial impression sound very transparent, and refine like you are using a dac in between. Forward vocal (depend on recording), and no peaky high but very airy. they are very good with any music genre. handle trance music quite well too. But best when listen to jazz. Not for a bass head though  I found the pad quite comfy to my small ears but it is quite heavy and my neck start to hurt after couple hours of use, also felt quite warm while waring them too. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #36 of 2,057
So FAD uploaded this video for replacing the pads on the PHVI:

Wonder if this means that they'll be releasing new pads soon?

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #38 of 2,057
Just bought it, comparing it to my TH600, i loved them for the vocals. and i think the micro details is better than TH600, probably because of the BA? i loved how intimate the singers can be with this headphone.
the comfort could be better, though it still fine for me. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #39 of 2,057
Using the hope 6 with hippo biscuit (since my ak100 broken), asp tur06 amp with pure copper interconnect. I must say that these are my best portable sounding ever. I had to keep awake until 3 am because all my song collections are keep on showing the micro details that i have never heard before even they are only on 16 bit recording. The details and musicality are simply amazing. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #40 of 2,057
  Just bought it, comparing it to my TH600, i loved them for the vocals. and i think the micro details is better than TH600, probably because of the BA? i loved how intimate the singers can be with this headphone.
the comfort could be better, though it still fine for me. 

which one has more bass?

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #41 of 2,057
Different kind of bass, the Pandora has the fuller, but slower bass, the TH-600 has the tighter, quicker bass. Both have more than neutral quantity, TBH i prefer the TH-600 (comfort is amazing, and sound is warm and full)

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #42 of 2,057
  Different kind of bass, the Pandora has the fuller, but slower bass, the TH-600 has the tighter, quicker bass. Both have more than neutral quantity, TBH i prefer the TH-600 (comfort is amazing, and sound is warm and full)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/705298/perfect-sound-d901-dido-vs-fostex-th600-vs-final-audio-pandora-vi-need-help-choosing-priorities-listed-inside#post_10266693

could you help me out here^???

I would really appreciate it.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #43 of 2,057
I haven't heard the TH600 but I think I should at least add that the bass on the PHVI tightened up quite a bit after several weeks of use. I think that dynamic driver definitely needs to be burned in. I believe ostewart didn't have the PHVI for an extended period of time before writing the review so just keep that in mind.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #44 of 2,057
That is true, I had very limited time with the Pandora, as it was probably the first pair to land in the UK, being lent to me first.

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #45 of 2,057
I haven't heard the TH600 but I think I should at least add that the bass on the PHVI tightened up quite a bit after several weeks of use. I think that dynamic driver definitely needs to be burned in. I believe ostewart didn't have the PHVI for an extended period of time before writing the review so just keep that in mind.

If I would have saw ur fs thread before I clicked to process my purchase last night urs would have been sold to me. But it looks like this is not a basshead headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back