Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Mar 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #961 of 1,182
Has anyone tried the new Yulong D100 MKII ?

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #963 of 1,182

Quote:
I've got a MKII on the way now, should arrive in the next few days or so. Will compare to my original and try to point out the specific differences.

I greatly appreciate your dedication.  I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say that.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #964 of 1,182
Any Update?

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #966 of 1,182
Hello fellow head-fiers,

I am thinking about buying the Denon D5000 headphones and would like to know if the Yulong D100 would be a good match for them.

The Denons are 25 Ohms (not that I even know what the means), so I just want to make sure they will match with this setup.

Also, does anyone already have this combo? If so could you please comment on the sound?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Peace!

P.S Yes, I am a total newb.
redface.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #967 of 1,182
I believe someone posted about how much he enjoyed the D7000 and D100 combo. I imagine the D5000 wouldn't be much different. It should be possible to find someone who has that exact setup :)

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #968 of 1,182
Thanks for the reply, that was quick!

This is good to know. I did search Google prior to posting, but did not find much at all. I actually live in Shenzhen so I guess I could always go demo the D100 pretty easily. This will be my first "audiophile" setup so I am pretty excited. I do own the IE8 with custom ear-molds and a Sansa clip+, but honestly I am not that impressed. I mean, yeah they sound good, but they did not provide that "magical" sensation that totally engulfs you in the music. Hopefully this setup will do it for me...

Thanks again.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #969 of 1,182
I use the D2000 with the D100. Sometimes I need to adjust software volume down just a bit, to compensate for the gain of the D100 with the low impedance Denons, but they sound great. Works just fine. 

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #971 of 1,182
A minor update concerning the D100 MKII. Mine arrived earlier this week and has been burning in nonstop. Here is a pic of it next to it's siblings the Sabre D18 and Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11:

So far the differences between this one and the original are shaping up to be just as Yulong described. The redone USB section doesn't seem to have any audible difference between the two models, which is something I had been concerned about. So hopefully that fixes the issues that some computers were having with USB. And the headphone out does seem to be very slightly warmer, though it still isn't a dark sound by any means. I know some people wished for a little more warmth on the original design so this may be pleasing to future customers. Some people may not even notice it though; the difference is not huge.

Overall it is a really small difference. I'll be doing a more detailed write-up when I have a chance, but for now I'll say it this way: If your D100 did not have issues pairing with your computer via USB, there really isn't any significant reason to get the new version. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #972 of 1,182

Quote:
Overall it is a really small difference. I'll be doing a more detailed write-up when I have a chance, but for now I'll say it this way: If your D100 did not have issues pairing with your computer via USB, there really isn't any significant reason to get the new version. 

Good to know. Despite buying it (lightly) used, my D100 has been going strong since I acquired it, and hasn't given me any trouble.

-- Griffinhart

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #974 of 1,182
Are anybody here who had a listening experience of Yulong D100 (ii) vs. CA DacMagic Plus? I'm choosing of this 2 models for temporary needs & really don't know what will be more worthy :frowning2:

Any feedbacks would be appreciated!

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #975 of 1,182
Some people had some ergonomic/usability complaints about the indicator-less knob on the CA - easy to accidentally leave the volume way up.

I cannot speak for the sound quality, having not heard the DM+, but there is nothing to suggest one would be significantly better than the other. The original DM and the D100 were identical to my ears (when run through the same amp/dac only). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back