Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
May 1, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 3,078

Quote:
Thanks for two great reviews, I read them both back-to-back. I've always been interested in the Violectric amps since they were launched, but initially information about them was scarce. I'm not sure why this was; on paper they look like great performers and as you point out, they have the German pedigree. I see they've been getting a bit more attention recently, but I think your excellent reviews will really help to get the ball rolling.

I remember reading your Matrix M-Stage review too. You have a nice style with a good balance - I like your inclusion of some of the more technical details fundamental to amp performance, but you don't go overboard with it.

I would love to try the V200 some day, I bet it's a premium choice well suited to demanding headphones.

I felt the same way about your reviews of the two amps.  Recently I read a review of the Lyr on 6 moons and thought it was completely useless.  When the review finished I still had no idea how the Lyr sounds and performs.  Not so with your reviews.  I wish I had the patience to do reviews but alas I am way too lazy and I get caught up in the music too quickly to stay on track.   

May 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #36 of 3,078
Robert Gleb from AphroditeCU29 is authorized dealer for Violectric.
He is doing a very good job what is apreciated by many of his customers.

Greetz

Fried

May 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #38 of 3,078

Quote:
I felt the same way about your reviews of the two amps.  Recently I read a review of the Lyr on 6 moons and thought it was completely useless.  When the review finished I still had no idea how the Lyr sounds and performs.  Not so with your reviews.  I wish I had the patience to do reviews but alas I am way too lazy and I get caught up in the music too quickly to stay on track.   

I agree. One of the better reviews that I've read here at Head-fi!

May 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #42 of 3,078

Quote:
I'm really loving the V200/Anedio D1 combo with my LCD2.

Added a Squeezebox Touch last night. Not sure if that made much difference, maybe just a bit; however the sum of the parts is superb.

Our systems are getting closer and closer.... I just need an LCD-2 and we will be set! As I type this, I'm listening to Diana Krall's Quiet Nights album (24-bit/96kHz) through the Squeezebox Touch, Anedio D1, Violectric V200, Audio Technica W1000 combo. Just sounds super seductive and smooth, despite these W1000 not being the best all around performers for all music. But with the right type (which this album is) it sounds spectacular. A lot of the credit goes to the V200 for controlling the big AT driver so well.

May 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #43 of 3,078

Quote:
Our systems are getting closer and closer.... I just need an LCD-2 and we will be set! As I type this, I'm listening to Diana Krall's Quiet Nights album (24-bit/96kHz) through the Squeezebox Touch, Anedio D1, Violectric V200, Audio Technica W1000 combo. Just sounds super seductive and smooth, despite these W1000 not being the best all around performers for all music. But with the right type (which this album is) it sounds spectacular. A lot of the credit goes to the V200 for controlling the big AT driver so well.

This comment just made the Violectric V200 more interesting for me.

May 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #44 of 3,078
Well, if I had your headphone collection, I might not have the 2s either :)

I'm experiencing the occasional drop-out with the Squeezebox, where the music stops momentarily for a second or two. Actually I'm not sure if it's the Squeezebox or the Anedio, as I think it may have happened occasionally beforehand. It doesn't bother me much as it seems pretty rare.

I wonder if you've had any similar experiences?

Currently listening to the Two Towers soundtrack. Stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back