REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
Sep 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 253
Quote:
eek.gif
 Why must you do this to my wallet? And just when I was set on getting either the Miracles or the UERMs. 

Sub-freaking-scribed

I'll tell you this much....

I took my C4 to a fellow head-fi member's house. He owns a UERM. Using my C4, he could tell they were better than his UERM.

That isn't to say he was/is going to chuck away his UERM, but he did admit they were better.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 253
Any idea on shipping times and costs to NA? And does the frog design on the faceplates come by default? 

Love the colour options on their site, John Deere Green, LOL. 

But if there was even a slight section in the sound sig that wasn't completely neutral, would you have any idea where it would be?

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #22 of 253
I'll tell you this much....

I took my C4 to a fellow head-fi member's house. He owns a UERM. Using my C4, he could tell they were better than his UERM.

That isn't to say he was/is going to chuck away his UERM, but he did admit they were better.

Mmm yes, how did your friend try your C4 which is custom molded to your ears?

Also just out of curiousty have you tried the UERM? A custom one for your ears by the way.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #23 of 253
^^why did you have to rephrase your words ?

Quote:
Tiny enough where the surface tension supports against gravity on a waxy leaf?

Informative :) Next time I have to remember the laws of physics before going on a photo spree.

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 253
I didn't like how I come across when I read it back.

I am not questioning experiance and far from it, he was the one who made the DBA-02 appeal to me and that was my first real IEM love. I am a huge TWFK fan! However I just am not too sure on how a custom could get a true seal with someone else, I mean I have seen other peoples CIEMs in person and would not have wanted to put them in my ears and doubt I could have got a seal. I am not dying no seal but you could not get the intended seal surely.

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #26 of 253
Quote:
Any idea on shipping times and costs to NA? And does the frog design on the faceplates come by default? 

Love the colour options on their site, John Deere Green, LOL. 

But if there was even a slight section in the sound sig that wasn't completely neutral, would you have any idea where it would be?

Yes.

I ran a frequency sweep and did hear a tiny section that had a suckout. That said, I can only hear it on sweeps and can't hear it on music...no matter how hard I try. Suck outs are extremely difficult to hear, even by the most experienced mastering engineers and sound engineers.

As for the UERM, I have tried three universal models and one custom that fit in my ear canals.

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #27 of 253
Quote:

Yes.

I ran a frequency sweep and did hear a tiny section that had a suckout. That said, I can only hear it on sweeps and can't hear it on music...no matter how hard I try. Suck outs are extremely difficult to hear, even by the most experienced mastering engineers and sound engineers.

Well, better suck outs than peaks, that's for sure. I haven't heard them, but I hear while the UERMs are pretty neutral, there's some emphasis on treble, which makes me think twice about getting them (then again, the Miracles reportedly have that as well). The C4s sound like an enticing alternative.

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #28 of 253
Quote:
Well, better suck outs than peaks, that's for sure. I haven't heard them, but I hear while the UERMs are pretty neutral, there's some emphasis on treble, which makes me think twice about getting them (then again, the Miracles reportedly have that as well). The C4s sound like an enticing alternative.

Indeed! I swear...unless you run individual tones, you will NEVER hear it.

Of the three universals I heard, none of them sounded EXACTLY alike. They all had a neutral sound signature, yes...but they varied a little. I think that's just the nature of IEM's and our ears.

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #30 of 253

Users who are viewing this thread

Back