Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight
Feb 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #169 of 244
Yeah, it's too bad. I got my hopes up.
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #170 of 244
I believe tstarn06 bought his backup pair from that seller so I guess he's trustworthy, but I'm not sure he will be restocking the PR1 Pro.

Edit: Wow, I had that window open for a LOONG time. This thread moves fast.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #171 of 244
I contacted the ebay seller contacted the supplier about the PR1s, he's getting back to me tomorrow evening about availability. Again, they were great out of the box and I didn't get a chance to fully cook em', had to sell them because I needed some quick cash for my new eyeglasses.

At any rate, I'm in a position to buy them again.

Are the PR100s a better buy than the PR1? The availability of the latter is ridiculous, not to mention the price. What was $40 on Ebay is now $67 shipped to the U.S., and sellers on the For Sale forums are prevaricating regarding transactions.

If the PR100s are something similar, then might as well get it.

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #172 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the PR100s a better buy than the PR1? The availability of the latter is ridiculous, not to mention the price. What was $40 on Ebay is now $67 shipped to the U.S., and sellers on the For Sale forums are prevaricating regarding transactions.

How so? I'm just curious as I've seen pretty fair prices for them considering they sold for $45+ before that last ebay clearout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the PR100s are something similar, then might as well get it.

I don't think anyone has tried the PR100 yet.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #173 of 244
Two ways to "answer this".. one it's actually a plain question.. two you're trying to use The Socratic Method.

For the latter:
We cannot continue on a path to dismantle each other's premises, since we have not stipulated to what constitutes a fair price range or markup for this product.

Second part regarding where you have seen "fair prices" outside of the FS forums, and Gyratech is reasonable grounds for discussions. I'd be interested to know what kind of prices you have seen.

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #175 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How so? I'm just curious as I've seen pretty fair prices for them considering they sold for $45+ before that last ebay clearout.

I don't think anyone has tried the PR100 yet.

People in China have tried it. It seems that PR100 is oriented to a different audience, more popular, less accurate and not in the same league as the PR1 pro. The quality of PR200 is closer to PR1 pro though.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #176 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by theKraken11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joker, what tips do you use for these? The included ones?

I use the Meelec clear biflanges, which are identical to the stock tips but a bit softer. I do like the stock bi-flange tips as well but clear looks nicer
redface.gif
. You really need to get the proper insertion depth with these to get all of the benefits of that soundstage.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #177 of 244
^^Haha i use the meelec black biflange myself, the ones that came with the m9. No looks improvement there, but I lost the original pr1pro stock biflange and think that i remember that they killed the bass for me, strangely enough (might have done something wrong then).
By the way I VERY STRONGLY recommend every new pr1pro user to try biflange tips with them, even though you might not like deep insertions (like myself). You will get used to it and for me, it has proven extremely worthy, for i couldnt get a proper fit with any single flange tip. The insertion was simply not deep enough (my ears and ear canals are small and the short pr1pro outer body prevents any deep insertion). Before the biflanges, the sound was nice but the soundstage was "incomplete" and the only way for me to get the "full" sound was to push the outer part of the IEM forward and upward. I posted about this there and also there

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #180 of 244
You really dont need to bother with burn-in with those IEMs. Just start listening to them out of the box and you'll understand what i mean
EDIT:
DO experiment with tips though, and if it seems you cannot get a deep enough insertion with single flange (check out if the sound seems to change in the mids and highs when you tilt the outer part in different directions), definitely give double flanges a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back