[REVIEW] The ACS T1 - a tear jerker (but in a good way)
Feb 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #76 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_B 89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys just thought i would clear a few things up for you. We have launched the new T1 config so all orders as of monday last week i believe are the new config. The press side of things are still being finalised ie the website update etc.

I am am not allowed to say too much due to forum rules etc but we are "looking into" a detachable cable solution

Got to love your dedication Danny. Going through here on a sunday, AND helping potential cutomers, now that's what I like to see
wink.gif
. Thanks for clearing up my mess
biggrin.gif

@Charlie0904 : Now you can go on with that order
biggrin.gif

Hmm detachable cable, I don't know what to think about that. Good idea or not on silicon ... Has anyone seen how it's done on Sensaphonics ?

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #77 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_B 89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys just thought i would clear a few things up for you. We have launched the new T1 config so all orders as of monday last week i believe are the new config. The press side of things are still being finalised ie the website update etc.

I am am not allowed to say too much due to forum rules etc but we are "looking into" a detachable cable solution

Thanks Danny for the update !

Haha, would not be ordering my acs customs that soon, shall patiently wait for interesting/good news from you guys !

Keep up the good work
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #79 of 235
Just sent my impressions this afternoon, wait begins ...
It's gonna feel long, I'm really willing to put these puppies where they belong
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #81 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure when I'll get mine, but they seem to be done: well excited to say the least.

Understandably
biggrin.gif
I'm sure you feel the urge to compare it to the other big players' models
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #82 of 235
Maybe, but I don't see how they really compare. I know hard acrylic is used by some professionals, but in my experience, silicon is better for serious uses (unless just monitoring where acrylic could be just as good) while acrylic is more attuned to audiophile uses.

Silicon attenuates more outside noise and stretches when the face is in massive movement, not letting as much sound in or out. I'll give basic sound impressions, but cannot help anyone decide which is better if they just want to listen to their tunes - that is probably best decided by wallets and geography than anything.

As I have mentioned (and incessantly keep mentioning), Sensaphonics 2X-s is amazing; but it is probably aimed at the professional market. Its cable has had some issues, but overall, the thing is constructed for use whilst really jamming. ACS' T1 I'm sure sounds heavenly, but looks like it will be great for performing too.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #83 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe, but I don't see how they really compare. I know hard acrylic is used by some professionals, but in my experience, silicon is better for serious uses (unless just monitoring where acrylic could be just as good) while acrylic is more attuned to audiophile uses.

Silicon attenuates more outside noise and stretches when the face is in massive movement, not letting as much sound in or out. I'll give basic sound impressions, but cannot help anyone decide which is better if they just want to listen to their tunes - that is probably best decided by wallets and geography than anything.

As I have mentioned (and incessantly keep mentioning), Sensaphonics 2X-s is amazing; but it is probably aimed at the professional market. Its cable has had some issues, but overall, the thing is constructed for use whilst really jamming. ACS' T1 I'm sure sounds heavenly, but looks like it will be great for performing too.

That's well put
wink.gif
I agree with you on the difficulty to actually compare models with a different type of build. I got myself there at the time of choosing, and it gets down to everyone's priorities. As Royhendo was saying in his review, isolation offered by silicon build is supposed to be unrivalled, which is something I'm not ready to give in. Some other people would be willing to make a trade off on this, in order to get a more "visceral" feeling (not sure about the formulation here) given by the hard acrylic construction (the famous "subwoofer effect"). The ability to keep the seal in any circumstances is also something that dragged me to ACS, as I'm planning to use these the same way I do now, that is to say mainly on the move.

In any case, and taking in account my limited knowledge, I have the feeling that no one is loosing here. Picking a T1 over an Earsonics SM3Pro, or a pair of JHAudio, is not like making a risky bet, and it's gonna sound good anyway. Now some people like you have the opportunity to try most if not all of them, which is awesome of course and may allow to hear differences. However normal users, and in particular first time users like me, are probably prone to be overwhelmed by the experience, in comparison to any IEM heard before. I realize we're not on a forum for "normal users"
biggrin.gif
but in the end, it boils down to a full experience, including the fit, the durability vs the usability, and the influence of the trade-offs on the sound quality. But even with the trade-offs, and as I told Andy in one of my emails, I'm not expecting less than to be completely blown away
smily_headphones1.gif

Talking about Sensaphonics, did you have or will you have the opportunity to review a pair of 3MAX ?

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #86 of 235
15 = 2weeks 1 day lol

@shigzeo
biggrin.gif

Great that you have the ct6, jh13pro too !
Cant wait for some comparison.
Slight one will do if you don't mind
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #87 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice that we'll have enough of a 'quorum' to start forming a more objective opinion guys. Thanks for posting.
smily_headphones1.gif

True, we should now be a few around here. Another interesting thing is that some, like you, will have both previous and new model to compare
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy
Had new impressions done yesterday and ordered the T1's at the same time. I was told by ACS today that there is a 15 day turnaround - it's going to be a long 3 weeks!

Well, sometimes being the closest doesn't help. Foreign customers like me have to wait a minimum of that time when accounting for the transportation anyway
tongue.gif

@Junliang : So you're gonna wait for the "hypothetical" detachable cable before ordering. Right ?

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #88 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15 = 2weeks 1 day lol

@shigzeo
biggrin.gif

Great that you have the ct6, jh13pro too !
Cant wait for some comparison.
Slight one will do if you don't mind
biggrin.gif

Sure. I love the CT6 - price is right, great cable mounting system (cables are okay) and its sound is fun. But, no matter how good it is, it isn't able to compete in terms of dynamics with the JH13Pro. I'd imagine the same with the T1.

As a product, I feel it in some ways is a safer investment (fewer case cracking issues), cable system won't get stuck in the casing if destroyed, but I cannot say that it is the same league in SQ. It is an excellent product at its price.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #89 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchbat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Junliang : So you're gonna wait for the "hypothetical" detachable cable before ordering. Right ?

Till I am fiancially and mentally ready..

Not really in a hurry to upgrade my portable rig
tongue.gif

Balanced home rig more important
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, got to serve national service, so yeah, no hurries..
I can wait.

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #90 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Till I am fiancially and mentally ready..

Not really in a hurry to upgrade my portable rig
tongue.gif

Balanced home rig more important
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, got to serve national service, so yeah, no hurries..
I can wait.

That's a lot of good reasons I suppose
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back