[Review] T-Peos H-200
Aug 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

I know. It was just a passing thought. Hybrids seem to be the newest trend in high end audio, which I happen to like. so I think it would be interesting to see the different spread. Nothing really to do with this review in particular, just something I'd like to see eventually. 

I do have comparisons upcoming.  I may add the Atomic Floyd into it.  Similar sound, with a more natural midrange, but stronger bass.  I may do the Audiofly if I have time, forget how they sound, it's been too long XD 

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

I do have comparisons upcoming.  I may add the Atomic Floyd into it.  Similar sound, with a more natural midrange, but stronger bass.  I may do the Audiofly if I have time, forget how they sound, it's been too long XD 

Looking forward to it.
L3000.gif

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Thanks.  It's too bad yours had to go back to repair.  Hopefully your next pair is less of a lemon. 

Probably just a spot of bad luck.

At least the customer service experience was very prompt and professional.  It's something that should put the minds of current and future customers at ease. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:
Probably just a spot of bad luck.

At least the customer service experience was very prompt and professional.  It's something that should put the minds of current and future customers at ease. 

That's always good to hear. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:
Bravo, bravo, Tinyman.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very well written and reflects a lot of what I hear from H-200. While I think the timbre is an acquired taste I think it may help next time if T-Peos could go for something that sounds a little more natural, try and lose that metallic sheen around the upper mids / lower treble. This isn't to say H-200's timbre is bad because it's actually very nice to listen too. it's just a little different from something like Westone 4 or the Ety ER4S' timbre. I agree the balanced armatures on H-200 do share a slight resemblance with the Ety sound, especially when clarity is concerned, but won't sound as natural and some instruments take on some aspects of H-200's timbre rather than display their own.

In saying this though, when I consider price point of H-200 next to something like Westone 4 which I think is a great earphone btw. The T-Peos can punch right up there next to Westone 4, and in some areas such as air, clarity around mids range surpass. I would have no problem saying H-200 can sit next to IEM's almost double the price, but it's really a matter if the signature suits. I said in another thread, if I had $500 and had to buy one IEM for a long time I could easily take H-200 and save $250 being more than happy.. Price to performance ratio is high, build quality is high, and the removable cable option is something we don't see very much in this price range, that along with the hybrid design you have yourself very impressive value for money, especially if upgrade cables and long term durability concern you.

Good to hear we hear these alike.  That metal sound in the, if I'm not mistaken actually comes from the upper treble, it creates off-tones in the lower treble/upper mids that add a metallic ting down there.  The metallic sound for me is mainly in the upper treble.  The W4 and ER4 have completely different timbre.  That said, these definitely are one of the better values out there if you just look at sound.  Some of the fit issues are annoying :frowning2: 

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #21 of 30
Fit issues aside(the plates used sitting right against your outer ears do tend to get a little uncomfortable after long periods of use, but nothing a littl tweaking won't fix) I find the 3-4kHz bump to be more of a problem. The H-200 do plenty of things right, but one thing they do not like is high pitched vocals(I forgot how many times I jumped when a Jpop song came on).

Viper4Android might fix the problem now but I really hope to see a slight improvement in their future models. Overall, I still really enjoy them and wish those 7N would get released already.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #22 of 30
You should hear the old HJE900 with some female japanese singers. You'd be thanking your lucky stars the H200 is so mellow in that region, comparatively.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:
You should hear the old HJE900 with some female japanese singers. You'd be thanking your lucky stars the H200 is so mellow in that region, comparatively.

No thanks. I'm not ready to send my ears to suicide yet. ;p

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:
I got to have my first hand experience with t-peos last week and man was I impressed. Great review!

Glad to hear.  They are a great IEM for the price.  Thanks for the compliments :D

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #26 of 30
Good to hear we hear these alike.  That metal sound in the, if I'm not mistaken actually comes from the upper treble, it creates off-tones in the lower treble/upper mids that add a metallic ting down there.  The metallic sound for me is mainly in the upper treble.  The W4 and ER4 have completely different timbre.  That said, these definitely are one of the better values out there if you just look at sound.  Some of the fit issues are annoying :frowning2: 

It's mostly around the upper mids with vocals I hear that metallic sheen come through personally. Our famous Taylor Swift is a good example when she hits high notes her voice can sound a touch grainy or metallic to me, my pair personally I don't hear it in the upper treble regions, I hear the treble as rather smooth and laid back in the upper regions though it's that progression somewhere inbetween upper mids / lower treble I hear the vocals go a little unnatural. Don't let this put anyone off though, we're really dissecting the IEM with a fine tooth comb. It's like there's just a hint, just a fraction of H-100's sound in H-200's vocals, but hugely improved regardless.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 30
Don't let this put anyone off though, we're really dissecting the IEM with a fine tooth comb. It's like there's just a hint,just a fraction of H-100's sound in H-200's vocals, but hugely improved regardless.

Never heard the H-100s, but if that's a fraction then I'm glad I didn't have to. Ditto on these being amazing, even with the tinge, it's still better than much of what I've owned previously.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #28 of 30
Never heard the H-100s, but if that's a fraction then I'm glad I didn't have to. Ditto on these being amazing, even with the tinge, it's still better than much of what I've owned previously.

How many hours do you pair have on them now? If you're hearing a slight spike jump out sometimes, (providing they are new) give them a good run over night at 90% volume, let them play for a good 12-14 hours non stop with an album on repeat. Mine had a spike when they were new (I've discussed this in the main thread) and even though I had little hope it did run itself out. I personally don't hear it anymore, and trust me I was becoming rather annoyed.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #29 of 30
How many hours do you pair have on them now? If you're hearing a slight spike jump out sometimes, (providing they are new) give them a good run over night at 90% volume, let them play for a good 12-14 hours non stop with an album on repeat. Mine had a spike when they were new (I've discussed this in the main thread) and even though I had little hope it did run itself out. I personally don't hear it anymore, and trust me I was becoming rather annoyed.

Yes, that spike is annoying. Really really annoying. I've around 10hrs of burn-in @ volume 40 from and iPod>LOD>e07k setu playing high sibilance tracks from several Jpop albums. My guess is that's not loud enough or the tracks I'm using just isn't getting the job done, will have to try again tonight.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #30 of 30
Yes, that spike is annoying. Really really annoying. I've around 10hrs of burn-in @ volume 40 from and iPod>LOD>e07k setu playing high sibilance tracks from several Jpop albums. My guess is that's not loud enough or the tracks I'm using just isn't getting the job done, will have to try again tonight.

Ok, early days.

Give them another go. Set the volume to a level which is much to loud for your listening level but be sure you're avoiding any distortion.

I think I used Carly Rae Jepsen's (Kiss) album. :tongue_smile:

I'll send you a burn in file via PM to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back