[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Feb 26, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #587 of 911
So what are the must do mods for these?

What I did:

Replaced pleather with velour pads
Remove thick foam/felt on top of driver
Foam under the ear pads to make more room for ears
Thin layer of cotton where the thick felt was
Very slightly bent the two metal bars outward to reduce clamping (so the 2 sides don't touch each other) 

The sound and comfort has gotten so much better. Also, they get better with burn in too.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #588 of 911

What I did:

Replaced pleather with velour pads
Remove thick foam/felt on top of driver
Foam under the ear pads to make more room for ears
Thin layer of cotton where the thick felt was
Very slightly bent the two metal bars outward to reduce clamping (so the 2 sides don't touch each other) 

The sound and comfort has gotten so much better. Also, they get better with burn in too.

1) Done.
2) The one with no adhesive or the one stuck to the actual driver?
3) Between the driver and velour pads?
4) White cotton pads? Eh, I only use them in house anyway.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #589 of 911
1) Done.

2) The one with no adhesive or the one stuck to the actual driver?

3) Between the driver and velour pads?

4) White cotton pads? Eh, I only use them in house anyway.

2) The large removable one

3) Yeah, under the earpads, there's
actually quite a bit of room underneath. This one is not that inportant, I just did it because I don't want my ears touching anything.

4) Apparently "make up applicator pads" work well, but I didn't have any so I used a layer of cotton. Seemed to do the job.

And obviously, try out different mod combinations to see which one your like. The ones I mentioned works well for me and seem to be the most popular ones. There is another more permanent mod too in the forums.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #590 of 911
So far after burn-in (32 hours at least) they sound pretty superb. Has anyone find these have major sound leak when cracked up at 65% from boosted speakers (Logitech THX Stereo Speakers + Subwoofer)
Logitech Speaker System Z623

Features to choose from:

1. Up to 400-watt peak power
  2. THX® certified
  3. Control pod
  4. Built-in headphone jack
  5. RCA and 3.5 mm device inputs

For semi-open, it's pretty much everyone can hear it from their room which kinda sucks. Is there something wrong I'm doing, cause the headphones sound better when they're at least at this volume otherwise you can't really enjoy the sound on a lower volume.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #594 of 911
Mine are good, got them from Sonic Sense I believe the place was called. Came with 2 set of pads.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #595 of 911
My buying point for these headphones were the velour earpads, and i'm not impressed. I was expecting something soft and silky, but it's the same material as a car seat. What's up with that? I thought velour was luxurious.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #596 of 911
  My buying point for these headphones were the velour earpads, and i'm not impressed. I was expecting something soft and silky, but it's the same material as a car seat. What's up with that? I thought velour was luxurious.

Hi,

1) it's a budget $40 headphone, don't expect luxury at this price range.

2) Since when are velours car seats soft and silky? I mean, have you laid your head on them? Maybe you are mixing that up with Alcantara? Anyhow, I didn't have velours seats in my cars for the last 10 years, so maybe I am not an expert. 

Velours is definitively not luxurious - that much I can say. It's the standard, carefree, run-of-the-mill product (for car seats at least).

EDIT: one of the benefits is that the sound signature changes with the material (I have the EVOs too) and it's less sweaty compared to pleather.

Cheers,
K

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #597 of 911

Hi,

1) it's a budget $40 headphone, don't expect luxury at this price range.

2) Since when are velours car seats soft and silky? I mean, have you laid your head on them? Maybe you are mixing that up with Alcantara? Anyhow, I didn't have velours seats in my cars for the last 10 years, so maybe I am not an expert. 

Velours is definitively not luxurious - that much I can say. It's the standard, carefree, run-of-the-mill product (for car seats at least).

EDIT: one of the benefits is that the sound signature changes with the material (I have the EVOs too) and it's less sweaty compared to pleather.

Cheers,
K

+1

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #598 of 911
maybe you should buy some $400 beyer pads 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #599 of 911
  maybe you should buy some $400 beyer pads 
rolleyes.gif

I actually don't mind the velours shipped with the EVO's, the Beyers btw are $36.00 just bought a set for my DT880's and they just might fit the EVO. Anyone ever actually tried it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back