Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Oct 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #1,591 of 2,566
  http://www.stefanaudioart.com/

All in here, but they haven't update the website for long time. They can do whatever cable you can think of, whatever model. They can even reduce the pin connectors to make the lengths of the pin longer just for your SE5s to get a better fit.

In that black pipe, there are only two thin wires, so really it's not heavy at all. Actually I like the look of it for some strange reason.

Tell me you have a perfect connection when you plug them into the SE5way? Then we might have a winner.. Because of the longer pins, aftermarket cables usually need more than 1 shipping and therefore causes some hassle to the both sides, manufacturer and customer.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #1,592 of 2,566
  Tell me you have a perfect connection when you plug them into the SE5way? Then we might have a winner.. Because of the longer pins, aftermarket cables usually need more than 1 shipping and therefore causes some hassle to the both sides, manufacturer and customer.

Mine has no elongated pins because I also want to use it in my other IEMs. As you can see in the picture it fits quite well and firmly too with SE5. I have to pull as hard as the stock cable to get them out. This might depends on different SE5s, some have fairly open sockets, some have closed one that only allow the width of the connectors to get it.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #1,593 of 2,566
Always admired what James did with his cables. They are truly art. If the Endorphin is any indication on how that IEM cable sounds, it is glorious. I've had the Endorphin on loan, and it was great. The only minor problem I have with SAA is they only offer copper. Nonetheless, beautiful cable!

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,594 of 2,566
I contacted ALL cables makers when choosing cables for my SE5. I went with Beat Audio for the service and quality of finish. Then I tried DHC to get a balanced cable, should get them soon.

I will be totaly honest, I was very attracted to Stefan Audio Art and contacted the guy. He said he adapted the components of his cables to match EACH phone perfectly in term of sound sig. I found that intriguing to say the least. So I asked if, in order to do this, they had a pair of ALL available ciems to test in the lab, including the ones I was interested in, the SE5. When he said yes, of course we do (sic). I really told myself that this guy was bull crapping me, especially given the fact that he did not seem to really know what the SE5 was when I first talked to him. As I did not like this one bit, I just moved on.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #1,595 of 2,566
I contacted ALL cables makers when choosing cables for my SE5. I went with Beat Audio for the service and quality of finish. Then I tried DHC to get a balanced cable, should get them soon.

I will be totaly honest, I was very attracted to Stefan Audio Art and contacted the guy. He said he adapted the components of his cables to match EACH phone perfectly in term of sound sig. I found that intriguing to say the least. So I asked if, in order to do this, they had a pair of ALL available ciems to test in the lab, including the ones I was interested in, the SE5. When he said yes, of course we do (sic). I really told myself that this guy was bull crapping me, especially given the fact that he did not seem to really know what the SE5 was when I first talked to him. As I did not like this one bit, I just moved on.

Maybe he thought you meant ES5 lol

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #1,597 of 2,566
I really doubt losing weight will change your ear canals. I could not know for sure because I have always had the body of a male supermodel.

lol whatever :wink:. I've had my ear canals change shape due to losing weight and I'm not talking major weight either. Well I did lose around 20 lbs and I wasn't even fat with that extra 20 lbs. As a matter of fact it doesn't look like I lost weight at all. So it does indeed impact fit. It did with my SE5s vs the 8As.

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #1,598 of 2,566

This is a really good cable. Refines the sound of SE5. The bass is more controlled. More importantly, it make it more exciting with added sparkle and space. Turning the sound signature to even more natural/neutral (closer to LCD 3).

The old E series cable from Stefan Audioart already improved the SE5's performance. This is just as good if not better. Will tell when I pair SE5 with Anedio D2.

It's good to hear you like it. lol

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #1,600 of 2,566
This Rocoo BA is not the same thing with Rocoo P right? I will probably get Rocoo P second hand from a nice friend (my clip+ has died recently) to use as a both main dap + gym dap. When I get X5, Rocoo P will stay only in the gym bag.

If anyone can give any comment about Rocoo P / SE5way, it would be quite useful. I heard it needs high impedance ciem otherwise there is a lot of hiss, so I guess SE5way is a safe choice. I also got KSC75 to use in the gym, that one also needs power, I am hoping Rocoo P will perform nicely.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,601 of 2,566
  This Rocoo BA is not the same thing with Rocoo P right? I will probably get Rocoo P second hand from a nice friend (my clip+ has died recently) to use as a both main dap + gym dap. When I get X5, Rocoo P will stay only in the gym bag.

If anyone can give any comment about Rocoo P / SE5way, it would be quite useful. I heard it needs high impedance ciem otherwise there is a lot of hiss, so I guess SE5way is a safe choice. I also got KSC75 to use in the gym, that one also needs power, I am hoping Rocoo P will perform nicely.

Rocoo will have hiss on most of the CIEMs, with SE5, it should be ok, but still there will be a small amount of hiss. Rocoo BA is designed for BA CIEMs, so there should be no hiss. With SE5, there is no hiss, with 1+2 or JH13 I can still hear very little hiss, which is fine to ignore.
  Tupac how does the Rocoo BA pair on your SE5s? I'm really enjoying how mine pairs on it :).

Pairs really good:wink: The treble is a little bit on the brighter side. But I think I got used to it:wink: 

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #1,602 of 2,566
  Rocoo will have hiss on most of the CIEMs, with SE5, it should be ok, but still there will be a small amount of hiss. Rocoo BA is designed for BA CIEMs, so there should be no hiss. With SE5, there is no hiss, with 1+2 or JH13 I can still hear very little hiss, which is fine to ignore.
Pairs really good:wink: The treble is a little bit on the brighter side. But I think I got used to it:wink: 

SE5way no hiss? That's good enough for me. I don't want to spend much money for something I will use in the gym, so it is the best option for me I guess. Small, durable. Also goes good with my main ciem as well as gym headphones. I think I am sold
happy_face1.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #1,603 of 2,566
You better confirm with someone who has rocoo p. I was just assuming :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #1,604 of 2,566
You better confirm with someone who has rocoo p. I was just assuming
smily_headphones1.gif

Someone with Rocoo P and SE5way. That's difficult to find man, usually SE5way people have daps like HM901 or around that level, Rocoo P is too cheap for them to buy
biggrin.gif

Btw, if I like the Rocoo P a lot, maybe I can get Studio 3rd ann edition. I remember Lee saying good things about that pair. I wish it was supporting 24 bit though.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #1,605 of 2,566

This is a really good cable. Refines the sound of SE5. The bass is more controlled. More importantly, it make it more exciting with added sparkle and space. Turning the sound signature to even more natural/neutral (closer to LCD 3).

The old E series cable from Stefan Audioart already improved the SE5's performance. This is just as good if not better. Will tell when I pair SE5 with Anedio D2.

That is one impressive cable, if I don't say so myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back