[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #1,666 of 3,824
Got something new for you MH1 trance lovers out there.
My TRANCE.FM EOYC mix has been uploaded to SoundCloud, its now available for you to listen and download a 320kbps copy as well for portable listening. 
gs1000.gif

Find it here:
https://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas/dj-lifted-andreas-trancefm-eoyc-2012-mix

Enjoy! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #1,667 of 3,824
Quote:
So is there a consensus on Comply tips? Cause I lost one of the smallest tips, and those are really the only ones that fit in my ear, so I need another one of the smallest ones, or a comply or similar tips. Alternatively, does anybody in the Toronto area want to send me their unused smallest-size tips? :D I'll pay the shipping and then some.

Send me a PM.  I am in the Toronto area so I will drop it in the mail for you.  I could use a pair of the medium tips (the second largest) so we can do an exchange.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,668 of 3,824
I was watching Swimsonny's video review a few pages back (post #1609) and noticed he mentioned needing to drop the bass a bit and boost the treble. I wanted to ask, how many of you feel the need to do the same?

As I mentioned in my own post (#1554), I immediately noticed what I called a "muffled" effect, where the highs just didn't stand out. I'm not very experienced so it's hard for me to describe, but I'd personally identify it as a small soundstage (didn't feel like I was "there").

Anyways, I've been playing around with the EQ on Spotify (iOS) and after giving the highs some extra love they are sounding much better. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and if they've been able to "correct" these IEMs with some EQ adjustment.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #1,669 of 3,824
Hey, I'm a forum lurker, but I now have a question.  I ordered MH1Cs and received MH1s.  The seller is willing to give me 1/2 my money back to keep the mh1s, but as they are right now they do not work with my S2 or macbook which is how I will be using them.  If I buy that piece on the front page... http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 .  Will they work fine for the devices I use.  I am in US if there is a better way.  Just need to let the seller know, would love to get these for $17 bucks or whatever it is.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #1,670 of 3,824
I just got the MH1s today, and they sound great!

The only weird thing I find is that the earphones work with my iPhone 4s without the use of an adapter. I'm not experiencing any problems so far.

UPDATE: I've been using these for over three hours straight, and I havent had any problems. So can it be confirmed that the Sony MH1s (OMTP version with the Ericsson logo) works well with the iPhone 4s? Good thing I didn't have to buy an adapter!

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #1,671 of 3,824
Then you may have gotten the MH1Cs

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #1,672 of 3,824
I bought a MH1c for use while cycling. I don't like this IEM when listening in a quiet environment, as it is simply too bass heavy and sounds awful (except with hip-hop, trance, and other music mastered with the expectation of the bass being turned way up during playback). However, when cycling, my noise floor isn't flat across frequencies. When my music is competing with wind, road, and city noise, the MH1c's extra bass is lost in the noise, but the mids and highs survive well enough, making the MH1c sound fantastic.

The cord sucks on and off the bike, though.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #1,673 of 3,824
suggestion to clean tips didnt work one iota, still get stuck deep in my ear, still have to fish the tips out with a sharp implement while looking like a moron in public, risking damage to my ears all the while. i love isolation but i am effing DONE with iems. they just dont work for me and invariably the damn tips start getting stuck in my ears. love the sound of these but my M80s cant get here any quicker....

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #1,675 of 3,824
Quote:
The one I got has the Ericsson logo on it, and I was under the impression that Ericsson logo = MH1 and Sony logo = MH1C?

Yep those are the MH1 and a lot of people have said that they need to hold the middle button down in order for them to sound better, does you SQ change at all if you hold down the middle button?

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #1,676 of 3,824
Yep those are the MH1 and a lot of people have said that they need to hold the middle button down in order for them to sound better, does you SQ change at all if you hold down the middle button?

Nope not at all.

But when I let go of the middle button, the sound does get distorted a little. But it eventually fixes by itself or fixes when I just replug it. It seems to get distorted the longer I hold it.

But when i'm actually holding the button down nothing happens sound-wise.

I did a couple more tests, and sometimes it does actually distort when I'm holding it down. But it returns back to normal when I let go of it.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #1,678 of 3,824
Quote:
Nope not at all.

But when I let go of the middle button, the sound does get distorted a little. But it eventually fixes by itself or fixes when I just replug it. It seems to get distorted the longer I hold it.

But when i'm actually holding the button down nothing happens sound-wise.

I did a couple more tests, and sometimes it does actually distort when I'm holding it down. But it returns back to normal when I let go of it.

Then you should be fine, most people that have issues notice a big improvement in SQ when they hold down the middle button with the MH1 on some phones but yours seems fine.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,679 of 3,824
Quote:
Hey, I'm a forum lurker, but I now have a question.  I ordered MH1Cs and received MH1s.  The seller is willing to give me 1/2 my money back to keep the mh1s, but as they are right now they do not work with my S2 or macbook which is how I will be using them.  If I buy that piece on the front page... http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 .  Will they work fine for the devices I use.  I am in US if there is a better way.  Just need to let the seller know, would love to get these for $17 bucks or whatever it is.

I think so but maybe someone else can confirm it.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,680 of 3,824
Is there a good place to buy these? I see a few listings on eBay from HK sellers. Are they legit? I also say slink from amazon for this seller: http://www.smartphonebay.net/Sony-Ericsson-Sony-Xperia-MH1C-Handsfree-Headset-p/hds-semh1c.htm

Thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back