Review: Radius HP-TWF21 (aka W n°2)
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #31 of 35

Quote:
frown.gif
 I paid $250 for mine at accessoryjack only a few days back and already receievd them. Dimitri did say it's a clearance sale and only applies to whatever amount is left in stock, after which he won't be receiving any new stock. His words, not mine of course.

I see you are selling your DDm2 on FS section
May I wonder, why are you getting rid of them?
I still have mine ever since I got them in April and love every bit of their relaxing and enjoyable sound sig specially for acoustic and instrumental genres ..

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 35
To be honest, they didn't have enough appeal to draw me in, whereas others such as the SM3, GR07, EX1000, among others, had a distinct personality and appeal, which drew me in from the beginning. I'm sure had I not heard any of the aforementioned, the TWF21 would have played a different effect on me. As it stands however, I can't say they offer my ears any improvement(s) over my current top favorite top-tiers, namely the 3 aforementioned for example.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #33 of 35

Quote:
To be honest, they didn't have enough appeal to draw me in, whereas others such as the SM3, GR07, EX1000, among others, had a distinct personality and appeal, which drew me in from the beginning. I'm sure had I not heard any of the aforementioned, the TWF21 would have played a different effect on me. As it stands however, I can't say they offer my ears any improvement(s) over my current top favorite top-tiers, namely the 3 aforementioned for example.

I am not trying to imply W21 is an improvement over Ex1000 or SM3, not so sure about GR07 as I did not have much time with the gr's but
W21 certainly suits  my preference over  Gr07 for the short time I had GR07 I thought of them very bass less and too artificial sounding.
Sm3 and Ex1000 is no doubt a more elaborate and quite different to W21 but price wise you cant put this under same umbrella.
W21 for  current 200 buks are a great bung for buck IEMs offering similar experience then Sonys for sure, thus making it even more appealing then before.
Those who cant afford Sonys for 400$ can afford DDM2 or even DDM1..
Sm3 is a BA type transducer I dont even want to compare, makes no sense.

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #34 of 35
If ever I compare in-ears, it's always strictly in terms of personal preference, based almost exclusively upon the enjoyment each brings me. As per the price, I respectfully disagree, because price gain doesn't necessarily translate into performance gain, and IMO, we are sill comparing apples to apples. In my case, it took but one good listen to either the EX600/GR07/RE252 (for example, as there are certainly others), before I found them to rival quite a few top-tiers I've owned, IMHO, after which I honestly stopped considering prices to begin with, since I find many sub $200 in-ears to be just as competent, or equally enjoyable, as in-ears priced nearly three times over, and sometimes more. For instance, someone may very well find the same contentment in the TWF21, as I find in the EX1000/SM3; it's far from impossible to say the least, hence why I chose to mention them in the first place. And yes, I certainly agree with you my friend, in that those who can't afford, say, $400 in ears, most certainly should consider the TWF21. But if that's the case, the GR07/EX600 are also as good an option as any. After all, when all is said and done, preference is what it really comes down to. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back