Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3,766 of 7,140
Cool I loved the Omni's can't wait to hear the two new ones. I was too busy with my setup and listening to the Focal Utopia and Ether Flows and then power went out at the Chicago meet so didn't get to hear Zach's stuff and only said hello really nice guy though.

I cannot wait to upgrade my ETHER to ETHER Flow. But patience is a virtue, this audophile does not possess much of lol. Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the Utopia and ETHER Flow. Have a great sunday jamming out, hope your cans put a big old smile on your mug.:)

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #3,767 of 7,140
FW 1.0.8 is available on the US Questyle Site.

Updated FW Changelog: 

Code:
 QP1R V1.0.8: 1. An new category ¡°Album¡± is added between ¡°Artist¡± and ¡°Track¡±, in ¡°Play by Category¡± menu. 2. USB DAC mode PCM sampling rate display is optimized. 3. Optimize the UI display of that being back from playing

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #3,768 of 7,140
A question to those a lot more knowledgeable than me:

Why does it take so long to add a new category ("Album" added between "Artist" > "Track" in "Play by category")?

Perhaps it didn't take that long between FW1.07 to FW1.08 but they waited for other bits to be added before releasing? Or maybe this is a much bigger task than it seems (to me anyway)?

I'm asking because i'm hanging out for "Artist" and "Album" to be added between "Genre" > "Track" in "Play by category") and wonder how long i have to wait :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #3,769 of 7,140
  A question to those a lot more knowledgeable than me:

Why does it take so long to add a new category ("Album" added between "Artist" > "Track" in "Play by category")?

Perhaps it didn't take that long between FW1.07 to FW1.08 but they waited for other bits to be added before releasing? Or maybe this is a much bigger task than it seems (to me anyway)?

I'm asking because i'm hanging out for "Artist" and "Album" to be added between "Genre" > "Track" in "Play by category") and wonder how long i have to wait :)

IMO, Questsyle is coming down to the finish line with functions that were initially omitted or not fully realized. Folder play through, an accurate battery gauge and the rather sketchy, Genre Category are the only suspects for me. Once those are sorted, the QP1R won't really have any warts. Maybe cleanup, at this point, will be quick and easy. I'm sure others have their own list but that's it for me.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3,770 of 7,140
The Genre category will always be a mess unless you go song by song and tag it as you'd like. It's not just the QP that has issues with Genre sort. I have the same issues with all of my players. Wait...maybe I'm the one that has to reassign each song to the wanted genre? 
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #3,772 of 7,140
Quick question: does anyone want a comparison of the QP1R and the HIFIMAN MegaMini and SuperMini? I'm going to be making some videos tonight and want to know if I should add the QP1R in with the MegaMini and SuperMini videos.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Edit - awesome, less work for me!

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #3,773 of 7,140
Just so it is documented, here is the 1.0.8 English language default firmware version, located currently on questyleaudio.com, and my Google Drive, here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Cx_TwmO-EJNlVKZWVkZmhlVkU.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #3,776 of 7,140
Well said! So far my favorite update (is it time for a "top ten list" for QP1R updates?) is the 10 min auto shutdown. I used to be so frustrated when I would be distracted or pulled away from my listening only to grab it later and find the battery dead. Thing of the past.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,777 of 7,140
Well said! So far my favorite update (is it time for a "top ten list" for QP1R updates?) is the 10 min auto shutdown. I used to be so frustrated when I would be distracted or pulled away from my listening only to grab it later and find the battery dead. Thing of the past.

How does this work? Do you have to push a button every ten minutes to keep the player playing? Unless you do this it shuts down?
By the way: am I right, husafreak, you're now an proud owner of an ether flow? Would you mind to give me some impressions of the combo with QP1R? I have the flow on my list. How is the sound? How is the difference to further amping the flow by other amps, desktop stuff etc..

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #3,778 of 7,140
How does this work? Do you have to push a button every ten minutes to keep the player playing? Unless you do this it shuts down?
By the way: am I right, husafreak, you're now an proud owner of an ether flow? Would you mind to give me some impressions of the combo with QP1R? I have the flow on my list. How is the sound? How is the difference to further amping the flow by other amps, desktop stuff etc..
It's a 10 minute idle shutdown. So no music playing.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #3,780 of 7,140
Ah, too soon! I just got the Flows. Right now I am just grabbing any CD/LP in sight and digging the music. You don't grab B.O.C. "Secret Treaties" to judge absolute sound quality, but you do to have a blast!
Basically I listened extensively to the Flows via my QP1R at CanJam S.F. I listened to a bunch of cans but then I found the Flows and I was ah, maybe a little selfish there after a while, LOL. They were a great match and I could not believe the detail and resolution I was getting out of my Questyle player. I did write quite a bit about that in the Ether Flow thread if you go back. Since getting the cans in my home I am listening to them through my Garage 1217 Ether II and Cavalli Liquid Carbon V2. I think the Flows work particularly well with sources that have just a bit of warmth. But back to the QP1R pairing. I use this player as a single source, that was the goal, met, when I bought it. So I won't be stacking it with anything for headphone listening. That said I am starting to collect some high res music files which I can only play through my main speaker system using the QP1R analog output as source, then Krell amps and Harbeth SHL5+ speakers. It all sounds fantastic to my ears. The clean, detailed, energetic "house" sound of the QP1R is clearly audible through my big home system.
In your QP1R System Settings there is a switch for Idle poweroff, it is preset at 10 min and you select on or off. It only shuts down after 10 minutes of not playing. That works for me as a rarely use random or shuffle play modes that would never end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back