Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,751 of 7,140
Also, a HUGE thank you to the beta testers, your input and suggestions were greatly appreciated!!

I assume I can now comment.  One thing I noticed was the tiny pops that are heard when starting up the unit, are no longer heard.  There was a particular click slightly off-centered to the right that let me know the unit was ready to use.  No big deal, but an improvement in function, no doubt.
Keep up the good work, Questyle.  Still hoping for my eventual play-through.  I guess most people can live without it, but, the less I have to push buttons, the less I can get lost in my position.  Again thanks, Maurice.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3,752 of 7,140
Hi all;

I know that I haven't done much posting in this thread but I just wanted to say thanks to moedawg140
 and all others for the great information in this thread. It is incredibly full of valuable and useful information. I finally purchased my QP1R over black friday weekend from Moon Audio and have since been enjoying it immensely!

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread! I've appreciated it greatly.

Thank you, Brian

Thanks for the comments, appreciate them. Happy to help as best as I can! Those that have helped to the betterment of everyone reading is much appreciated as well - you gentlemen (and ladies) are awesome!

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #3,753 of 7,140
Great indeed, that they're taking care of all the feedbacks, for me this builds confidence.
All in all I'm very satisfied with this device. So many great hours of music enjoyment.
Nitpicking stuff: playthrough (Especially for my beloved random mode), when changing volume the display could switch back to normal faster (I don't need to see the vol level that long), in random mode sometimes there's a little sound when song changes to the next one, correct ratio in displaying the album covers, and of course the battery indicator.
Will there ever be an fw 2.xx?

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #3,754 of 7,140
I assume I can now comment.  One thing I noticed was the tiny pops that are heard when starting up the unit, are no longer heard.  There was a particular click slightly off-centered to the right that let me know the unit was ready to use.  No big deal, but an improvement in function, no doubt.
Keep up the good work, Questyle.  Still hoping for my eventual play-through.  I guess most people can live without it, but, the less I have to push buttons, the less I can get lost in my position.  Again thanks, Maurice.

All good, my friend. I would hear the input engagement click as well, and it is a great way for those with visual impairments to be notified when the unit is ready to use. Glad there's at least capacitive buttons to aide users.

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3,755 of 7,140
Dec 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #3,757 of 7,140
Dec 3, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,758 of 7,140
I ordered a ZMF Omni and am wondering if a external amp is recommended. I do not listen loud. For reference, I have the QP1R volume at 20 on low gain for my JH Angie IIs.

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #3,759 of 7,140
I ordered a ZMF Omni and am wondering if a external amp is recommended. I do not listen loud. For reference, I have the QP1R volume at 20 on low gain for my JH Angie IIs.
It should run them just fine. Most of my planars don't need a bunch of power but the HE 400's do and they are just fine on the QP1R.

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #3,760 of 7,140

You should be good to go with only the QP1R, especially since you don't listen loudly. You know what also sounds great from ZMF and the QP1R? The Atticus and Eikon! :normal_smile :

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #3,761 of 7,140
You should be good to go with only the QP1R, especially since you don't listen loudly. You know what also sounds great from ZMF and the QP1R? The Atticus and Eikon! :normal_smile :

I hope so. I have the Eikon in Cherry and Atticus in Padauk on order too. :)

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #3,762 of 7,140
Dec 4, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #3,763 of 7,140
Dec 4, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #3,764 of 7,140
You just made Zach a happy guy.

$750 total off helped make the decision. The Ori (Omni) was the November limited edition one for $150 off. It is amazing how this hobby works, LOL.

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #3,765 of 7,140
$750 total off helped make the decision. The Ori (Omni) was the November limited edition one for $150 off. It is amazing how this hobby works, LOL.
Cool I loved the Omni's can't wait to hear the two new ones. I was too busy with my setup and listening to the Focal Utopia and Ether Flows and then power went out at the Chicago meet so didn't get to hear Zach's stuff and only said hello really nice guy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back