Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Aug 26, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 7,140
That is a great review/ impressions sir, so much information to take in on so many headphones. Please have a great day.

Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it!  You have a great day/night as well!

Fantastic and detailed review, thanks !!

Happy to be of assistance!

beerchug.gif

Right back at you! 
beerchug.gif

This is one Monster review! Unbelievable! Great job!

Appreciate the comment!

Okay... I don't want to hijack the thread, but WHAT IS THIS??? Anyone have a link? Color me very interested...

The Massdrop edition Fostex TH-X00.  To say the least, it is a remarkable headphone.  Massdrop will be offering it soon.  More to come in the future...

Upcoming MassDrop exclusive.  Shh, don't tell anyone!

Might as well call it the BassDrop. 
regular_smile .gif

Thanks for the very thorough and informative review! And thanks for the sneak preview of the Massdrop Fostex, might ask a question or two about that at CanJam London :)

My pleasure! I hope you (and everyone) enjoyed the read.  With regards to questions, please feel free to ask away, I'll be around. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Great review, incredible detail (though I would have preferred more dap comparisons, less headphone comparisons). But, the headphone comparisons were a bit like getting mini headphone reviews thrown in. The only thing you left out is what you had for lunch during measurements! :smiley:

Thanks.  With regards to preferring more DAP comparisons, I have listened to a sufficient amount of DAPs, and felt that the several models that I chose to compare were broad enough in their own spectrums, sonic qualities and features.  I have not found a DAP that has as clear and coherent of a sound as the QP1R, yet.  More models are the Cayin N6, FiiO X5, and Lotoo PAW Gold that do not sound as clear and coherent to my ears.  With regards to preferring less headphone comparisons...scroll past the headphones you don't want to read about? *shrugs*.  Oh, and during measurements, Schiit Audio provided flatbread that tasted like pizza - scrumptious!

@moedawg140 - i guess you like it.  
biggrin.gif

i am anxiously awaiting my own qp1r.  do you know where we will find firmware updates?  at the questyle website there's a download page, but it's just product catalogs.

normal_smile .gif

I am certain that when the firmware updates are available for download that they will be available on the download page.

Fantastic review Moe! Glad to see the QP1R review out and it blows me away how much you wrote, great job! The QP1R sounded amazing at THE Show and hearing your final model at the Schiit Show sounded even better than I remember and has so much power.

Keep up the great reviews bro~

Thanks for the kudos, Alan, appreciate it!  If I have the chance to listen to some headphones during my break at CanJam I may add some more to the review for those who would like to read more brief/more in-depth headphone and IEM reviews.

Whaou fantastic review !
Now I want to buy one!
I hope it will be available pretty soon in France.

Thanks for the comment Fabaaroan.  I am aware that the dealership webpage is constantly being updated, so I'm hoping the QP1R will be available for you as well.  In the meantime, you can contact Questyle at info_usa@questyleaudio.com or http://QuestyleAudio.com/contact for more information when they will make the QP1R available in France.

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #17 of 7,140
You sir, are a pro's pro.  Quite an amazing review that would pretty much help anyone who has any headphone to make a purchase.  The headphone collection is pretty incredible.  

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #19 of 7,140
It is a great review...would be really tempted off I weren't already waiting for the TOTL Geek Wave and enjoying the Pono in the meantime (you mentioned the Pono in passing...what I really was curious about was how it compares. If course, it costs about half, though that isn't always the determining factor, since you rate the QP1R higher than DAPS costing double or more by A&K. Great work!

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #22 of 7,140
Great review @moedawg140, thank you for going to such lengths. I just wished you used the Standard beoplay H6 rather than the Dj khaled edition (which is known to be less neutral).

I asked Questyle on Facebook about adding a Usb dac function to it, and they said no such plans exist for now. I hope more people here would ask for it.

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #23 of 7,140
Aug 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #24 of 7,140

Nice DAP. Like the idea of focusing on audio quality, rather than adding apps, wifi and other fancy stuff.

Can't find pricing. Is it known?

$899 USD, contact info@questyleaudio.com for dealer information outside of North America. Contact info@audiopathways.com for dealer information in Canada, and info_usa@questyleaudio.com or questyleusa@gmail.com for the rest of North America

I am running Beta 0.07 Firmware. How do I get my hands on any update?

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #26 of 7,140
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #27 of 7,140
Very detailed review indeed. Really appreciate the mention of Pandora Hope 6, as we had an earlier discussion about its SQ and you said you'll try to hear one. 
Just wanted to know whether you tried FLAC, DSD and Vinyl Rip of same songs to judge distinguishing characteristics for better or worse? 

Thanks 

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #29 of 7,140
Great review. Tons of information, an almost overwhelming amount. I have preorder in. I know there will be a learning curve but I'm hoping to do simplified Quickstart when the unit arrives. A question and a comment. I am confused about loading my tunes music folders /files. You had mentioned that files preloaded and brought to the QP1R via an Micro SD will require formating and instruction to tell it it didn't come via the sync cable, could you elaborate? One thing I would put on the software update wish list would be a complete random shuffle for the full music library.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #30 of 7,140
Great review. Tons of information, an almost overwhelming amount. I have preorder in. I know there will be a learning curve but I'm hoping to do simplified Quickstart when the unit arrives. A question and a comment. I am confused about loading my tunes music folders /files. You had mentioned that files preloaded and brought to the QP1R via an Micro SD will require formating and instruction to tell it it didn't come via the sync cable, could you elaborate? One thing I would put on the software update wish list would be a complete random shuffle for the full music library.

The function you're requesting already exists on the player. That's great because I use the shuffle all function constantly. Since my mood for music can change from song to song, a shuffle all is very helpful and allows me to bounce around randomly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back