[REVIEW] Phiaton PS210 - The Half-Blood Prince
Aug 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #51 of 61
how do these do straight out of an iPhone or iPod? the specs have a fairly low sensitivity. do they still get loud, or do they need an amp?

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #52 of 61

Quote:
how do these do straight out of an iPhone or iPod? the specs have a fairly low sensitivity. do they still get loud, or do they need an amp?

PS210 is fine out of a iPod. At 32ohm, even a 98dB/mW can get really loud.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #53 of 61
Clieos, where would you put the PS 210 with the tape mod and/or foam or sony tips in your Concise IEM review ranking?
Do you find the tape mod to actually increase sound quality, or does simply change the type of signature?

I'm quite interested in these...

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #54 of 61
Clieos, where would you put the PS 210 with the tape mod and/or foam or sony tips in your Concise IEM review ranking?
Do you find the tape mod to actually increase sound quality, or does simply change the type of signature?

I'm quite interested in these...

Thanks!

Mod and eartips selection had been considered during the process of rating, so it won't change its ranking. The whole point of moding is to improve its SQ, or else it won't have much point.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #55 of 61
Thank you Clieos for the review of the PS210's.  I sprung for a set a month ago and I'm impressed - listen to them daily.  I have little IEM experience and surprised by the physical and sound quality of these - the detail and particularly open soundstage is better than I expected. I think your review is very accurate but I still had my doubts that they would be as good as they are.  Thanks Again.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #56 of 61
Quote:
Thank you Clieos for the review of the PS210's.  I sprung for a set a month ago and I'm impressed - listen to them daily.  I have little IEM experience and surprised by the physical and sound quality of these - the detail and particularly open soundstage is better than I expected. I think your review is very accurate but I still had my doubts that they would be as good as they are.  Thanks Again.

Completely agree. They are awesome.
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #59 of 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back