[REVIEW] Phiaton PS210 - The Half-Blood Prince
Apr 21, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though think we could get a picture with them in-ear?

Sure. I'll throw in CKS70 as a bonus
biggrin.gif

Attachment 28819

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #18 of 61
@ClieOS.I believe you are correct about the PS200 being out before any of the Monster iem's, they were fairly well received by the press, save for being considered bass light for the mass market crowd. As always, thanks for your efforts.

May 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:
Is the isolation better then an earbud such as the Yuin PK series?

btw - Thanks for an excellent review!

Only by a little little bit.

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 61
I picked up a set of these from another member here based on ClieOS's review for use at work.  I needed something with a little less isolation than a typical IEM.  I have to say the sound quality far exceeds what I was expecting.  These are very clear sounding and I don't really feel they are lacking in any area (the bass is much nicer than I expected). 

As far as isolation goes, I would agree that these give a little more than a typical earbud, but much less than a typical IEM.  I can, for example, hear myself typing this reply.  I can hear people talking around me, although I cannot actually make out what is being said.  For me, the lack of isolation is exactly what I was looking for.  Not having to give up anything in sound quality is a huge bonus.

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #22 of 61
Glad to know you are enjoying your PS210. If you want a little more bass and warmness, you can try the simple mod I mentioned in the review (SQ section).

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #23 of 61
Hi! I hate the closed feeling of IEM, so I bought an earbud (senn mx880) to use at work as I need to hear equipment and co-workers.
I didn't really read this until now.
From what I read, it seems that this doesn't close you too much like IEM.
So will I feel like wearing an earbud but with just a bit more of noise isolation? IT would be fantastic for me as I need something that wouldn't make me feel closed, but that would give me the full spectrum of the music, as my senn mx880 seems to not fit me properly.
Quote:
Glad to know you are enjoying your PS210. If you want a little more bass and warmness, you can try the simple mod I mentioned in the review (SQ section).

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #24 of 61
You can say it either ways: earbud with a little more isolation or IEM with very little isolation. It is very comfortable if you use it with Comply T100 yet you still get a mostly open sound as if you would get from an earbud.

Quote:
Hi! I hate the closed feeling of IEM, so I bought an earbud (senn mx880) to use at work as I need to hear equipment and co-workers.
I didn't really read this until now.
From what I read, it seems that this doesn't close you too much like IEM.
So will I feel like wearing an earbud but with just a bit more of noise isolation? IT would be fantastic for me as I need something that wouldn't make me feel closed, but that would give me the full spectrum of the music, as my senn mx880 seems to not fit me properly.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 61
Thanks for the reply, I have ordered these. Funny thing I was comparing the points on your list to the points on the list of ljoker, and guess what? You guys are really close on each other classifications. It was funny to notice that if one multiplies your list score by two, one will have little difference from ljoker list.
I did that to know what to expect. 
Well I just open it feels like earbuds, No claustrophobic feeling like IEMs

Quote:
You can say it either ways: earbud with a little more isolation or IEM with very little isolation. It is very comfortable if you use it with Comply T100 yet you still get a mostly open sound as if you would get from an earbud.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #26 of 61
Ha, we do have different opinion sometime - but perhaps more on preference, less on actual interpretation on SQ
smile.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #27 of 61
That is why I found it funny you match each other scores. I knew you had different likes and some.

Quote:
Ha, we do have different opinion sometime - but perhaps more on preference, less on actual interpretation on SQ
smile.gif

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 61
Well I received my phiaton ps 210 today and I like them so far. So wide soundstage, and no closed iem feeling at all. I put some tape to close 2 of the 3 holes, to get more bass and I think it works.

They are exactly I wanted. Super confortable, open, almost no isolation, bought them at 80 dollars, great sound quality. It also responds well to EQ.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #30 of 61
I have to like them, lol. I bought the senn mx880 for this same purpose but they were killing me with pain, I couldn't fit them well.
THis one is like I have nothing there.

Quote:
Glad to know that you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back