REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Apr 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,141 of 2,536
  Got my Gold Ostriches today, and...

My Willy Wonka golden ticket also arrived today, (a card for the post office) I can pick up my Ostriches after 4:30pm this afternoon.

Mine has arrived from Shenzenaudio this morning! Yay!....Will post some impressions tonight :)

Flock of ostriches!

Lucky buggers! Mine will be here tomorrow I'm sure. As long as I touch mine before Sf gets his grubby paws on his loaners, I'll be happy lol!

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #1,142 of 2,536

Flock of ostriches!

Lucky buggers! Mine will be here tomorrow I'm sure. As long as I touch mine before Sf gets his grubby paws on his loaners, I'll be happy lol!

WOW! Is that what happens when a "Hair Band" from the 80's gets old
eek.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,144 of 2,536
  From the postage package, it looks like my ostry was sent from Singapore. I wonder if shenzenaudio is a singapore company that imports their stock from china?

Shenzhen is in China :)

Singapore Post is used a lot, because China Post is slow and has started to be really strict with customs. IEMs are considered "magnets", and are stopped from shipping many times by CP.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,145 of 2,536
  Shenzhen is in China :)

Singapore Post is used a lot, because China Post is slow and has started to be really strict with customs. IEMs are considered "magnets", and are stopped from shipping many times by CP.

lol..I know Shenzen is in China :)

But look at this photo, the return postage address is in Singapore. If the item was returned how will they get it back in China when it will be sent back to Singapore?

I guess, this is not an important issue at all, but for the sake of trolling I thought I might bring it up..lol

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,146 of 2,536
Was Shenzen not part of the FanMusic group of sellers? If so that may simply be where the shipping/dropshipping warehouse is.  Just a thought, Check ebay to see if they are.

If you need to send it back/it gets sent back for some reason I am sure the thing has a traceable number for their sale info.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,147 of 2,536
Ordered from Shenzhen audio today.

And so (with apologies to the Classics IV) we sing the "Hype Train" song... woot woot! All aboard...

Listen to me baby, the lights are way down low
There's a bunch of files on the fi-i-o
Let yourself unwind, friends, we're gonna take a journey down to headfi reviews
Ridin' on a hype train, yeah friends just-a me and you

You just have to hurry on a hype train slide
You don't have to worry let your superlatives ride
Listen' to the music, maybe we can double our post count tonight
Yeah, and everything'll be all right

Typin' fast and breezy, workin' overtime
They ain't got no Ostry, it drives them outta their mind
Just say "these phones astound me", we're gonna take a journey down to headfi reviews
Ridin' on a hype train, yeah friends just-a me and you

Ridin' on a hype train, baby
Oh, ridin' on a hype train, yeah

I AM ON BOARD, BABY!

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,148 of 2,536
  My Willy Wonka golden ticket also arrived today, (a card for the post office) I can pick up my Ostriches after 4:30pm this afternoon.

I thought you had yours H20? Bought another one?

I'm glad people were able to point out that the first batch of Ostrys were defective. These sound MUCH better, and the bass is A LOT stronger than my first batch set. I practically have to drop my Geek Out 1000 -30db so I don't blow my eardrums out. The sensitivity was always awesome.

I initially said the bass was anemic, and it was. These are much improved, and I honestly can't find much fault in the sound. The only problem I had with the Ostry was the bass, and that was fixed. I may even like these more than my previous favorite, the Havi B3 Pro 1. At least I can take these on the train and have plenty of juice to power them.

I think the Ostry might even have more bass than the Havi. The Havi was only $45 when I grabbed it, and it still captivates me, but the Ostry is more comfortable and seems to have just about as good of a soundstage. The Ostry seems to be slightly more clear too.

For $60, the Ostry KC06 is a steal and a half. Needs more recognition. Can't wait for the KC06A.

Good to know i am not missing much from the Havi B3 

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #1,149 of 2,536
Quick impression on the Ostry KC06 Gold. I have been listening to them on the way to work for about 40 mins. It sounds quite clean and detailed with an overall warmish sound, treble seems to be a bit rolled off. It reminquote me a bit of my Vsonic Gr07 MKII, but I really have to have a closer listen with both of them to see what the difference are. It definitely sounds different to the RE400 and re0.

Overall, not a bad pair of earphones for around 60 bucks.

The built quality is not too bad except there is a thin layer of grey stuff on the eyes, looks a bit like glue material and they were on both ear pieces. The cables to the earpieces is thinner than the cable to the jack not too sure why. The plastic part before the jack feels a bit vulnerable since its thinner than other earphones too.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #1,151 of 2,536

I'm glad people were able to point out that the first batch of Ostrys were defective. These sound MUCH better, and the bass is A LOT stronger than my first batch set. I practically have to drop my Geek Out 1000 -30db so I don't blow my eardrums out. The sensitivity was always awesome.

I initially said the bass was anemic, and it was. These are much improved, and I honestly can't find much fault in the sound. The only problem I had with the Ostry was the bass, and that was fixed. I may even like these more than my previous favorite, the Havi B3 Pro 1. At least I can take these on the train and have plenty of juice to power them.

I think the Ostry might even have more bass than the Havi. The Havi was only $45 when I grabbed it, and it still captivates me, but the Ostry is more comfortable and seems to have just about as good of a soundstage. The Ostry seems to be slightly more clear too.

For $60, the Ostry KC06 is a steal and a half. Needs more recognition. Can't wait for the KC06A.

Between the Havi and the KC06, which one offers more subbass?

I've hopped a few of hype trains but none have delivered what I'm searching for.
I love the sound of the VSD1S, but hate the lack of subbas. The Ostry's seem to deliver in the mid and upper regions, but lack the subbass as well (from what I've read).
If so, I'll have to wait for the KC06A or go with the Havi's
What do you guys think?

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #1,152 of 2,536
Definitely not KC06, if you search this thread I don't think anyone has said that this IEM has the amount of bass (sub to mid) suitable for basshead, so I dunno why you're even interested. I don't think the Havi was raved for its amount bass too, there are probably better IEM if you're looking for that.

Edit:
Well damn Shenzhenaudio raised the price of KC06 to $70 too, still good price for the performance but so glad I bought mine for $52. :p

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #1,153 of 2,536
  I thought you had yours H20? Bought another one?

The KC06 I originally had is SkyBleu's which I'm sending back to him. My personal pair arrived today to be picked up.
However, I've been wrestling our Internet connection dropping out from dusk til dawn since late last night trying to keep online so couldn't pick them up today.
I'm about to pop an o-ring from frustration with our intermittent connection atm. 

/little rant.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #1,154 of 2,536
Definitely not KC06, if you search this thread I don't think anyone has said that this IEM has the amount of bass (sub to mid) suitable for basshead, so I dunno why you're even interested. I don't think the Havi was raved for its amount bass too, there are probably better IEM if you're looking for that.

I'm not a basshead, I like midrange :wink:
Its the quality, not the quantity I'm interested in. I listen to indie/alternative which has some deep extending bass lines.
The amount of bass of the vsd1s is perfect, just not the balance.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #1,155 of 2,536

Edit:
Well damn Shenzhenaudio raised the price of KC06 to $70 too, still good price for the performance but so glad I bought mine for $52.
tongue.gif

I think Ostry raised its retail price not shenzhenaudio or penonaudio...well that was the message penonaudio was trying to tell me. Shenzhenaudio waited till their current stocks run out before revising the price while penonaudio revised it earlier with the current stocks they have way before they got their new stocks at the new price.

When i emailed them, their site said the gold ones were out of stock but then they replied saying there were a few gold ones left. Whats the motive of that? keeping the $65 gold ones to sell it at the revised $70? Then again they offered me the gold ones for the price of silver which was at the time $59. So I was happy with that xD

The KC06 I originally had is SkyBleu's which I'm sending back to him. My personal pair arrived today to be picked up.
However, I've been wrestling our Internet connection dropping out from dusk til dawn since late last night trying to keep online so couldn't pick them up today.
I'm about to pop an o-ring from frustration with our intermittent connection atm. 

/little rant.

aaah i see. H20 did you order your apparently chinese heir tips from lunashop too? Its worrying that mine has not arrived yet and with no tracking number i do not know where it is lol Its been 12 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back