Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,126 of 1,164
Hi, I know im late into jumping to the HTC 10 train, does anybody ever compared (Audio quality wise) the 10 with Htc One A9? Both device are available on sweet sweet deal.
Thanks.

bataskhayal7, I'm gonna make this REAL easy on you lol....................GET THE HTC 10!!

Up until the HTC 10, the HTC phones were not known for having GREAT audio. Yes, they had the front-facing stereo speakers, but if we're talking about HEADPHONE audio here, then the 10 is WAY better. The 10 outdid even Sony (Xperia phones) who were the best at making audiophile phones previously (they now are great again as far as I know though, with the help of Android Oreo that is). If you care about headphone audio, then read this article (esp the headphone audio section) and then buy that 10 and never look back! Make sure to create a Personal Profile in BoomSound (which you can do when your headphones are plugged in) to get MAXIMUM sound! (But keep the Dolby option disabled)

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,127 of 1,164
I have the 10 now, and had the One M9 last year. the speakers on the 9 were better, you could get a real hologram of sound
holding the phone between your eyes in front of your eyes, which was just spectacular.....but the headphone out on the 10
is much more robust, the dac is better, and it is overall a better performing device for streaming and internet use. go with the 10
unless you want to hear music between your eyes holding your phone up. The ten rocks out of headphones or streaming,
and rivals expensive DAPs.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,130 of 1,164
Back when I was trying the New Primacy I noticed the boomsound mode adds a bit of noise in the background.

Honestly, I've had the HTC 10 for over a year and I'm still unsure if I like it or not (the boomsound thing).

Hi nort,

I was pretty happy with my HTC 10 actually. I only upgraded to the V30 because of the battery life, which is extraordinary. The battery life on my 10 started to get worse the last month I had it (seemingly anyway), so that was also a factor too. Of course, having the 835 over the 820 was a factor too, but a minor one. Both phones have great amps, though the V30's CAN get stronger if you do a trick on it. The 10's amp though was always MORE than sufficient for me. DAC-wise both phones sound amazing to me, so no issues there.

What is New Primacy??

The one thing with the 10 that made it sound great was the Personal Audio Profile feature. I would def set that up ASAP if you haven't already. That arguably might be more important than BoomSound.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,131 of 1,164
Hi Rockstar.
The New Primacy is a mid tier IEM that is gaining quite the popularity. Even tough it's not that easy to drive the HTC10 did a good job.

I have nothing to say regarding HTC 10 audio quality. It's nice and even managed to drive some 250+ ohm headphones properly.

What I'm not sure of is actually the custom profile in Boomsound:
back when I were testing the New Primacy I noticed it adds a bit of noise.
Also even if the sound do gets "pumped up" and louder I think you lose a bit of clarity, atleast on small speakers such as IEM (it might be good for headphones).

That's why, nowdays, I'm unsure wether to use this boomsound custom profile or not. I've used it for a good year but I think I'm liking the sound a bit more now that I've turned it off (my daily driver are 1More triple driver, testing the quad driver recently)

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,132 of 1,164
Hi Rockstar.
The New Primacy is a mid tier IEM that is gaining quite the popularity. Even tough it's not that easy to drive the HTC10 did a good job.

I have nothing to say regarding HTC 10 audio quality. It's nice and even managed to drive some 250+ ohm headphones properly.

What I'm not sure of is actually the custom profile in Boomsound:
back when I were testing the New Primacy I noticed it adds a bit of noise.
Also even if the sound do gets "pumped up" and louder I think you lose a bit of clarity, atleast on small speakers such as IEM (it might be good for headphones).

That's why, nowdays, I'm unsure wether to use this boomsound custom profile or not. I've used it for a good year but I think I'm liking the sound a bit more now that I've turned it off (my daily driver are 1More triple driver, testing the quad driver recently)

Oh ok. Cool!

Oh yeah, did you turn off Dolby? It sux. lol

Ok but BoomSound is really just those 2 options. Let me know.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #1,133 of 1,164
IMAG0114.jpg
Hi nort,

I was pretty happy with my HTC 10 actually. I only upgraded to the V30 because of the battery life, which is extraordinary. The battery life on my 10 started to get worse the last month I had it (seemingly anyway), so that was also a factor too. Of course, having the 835 over the 820 was a factor too, but a minor one. Both phones have great amps, though the V30's CAN get stronger if you do a trick on it. The 10's amp though was always MORE than sufficient for me. DAC-wise both phones sound amazing to me, so no issues there.

What is New Primacy??

The one thing with the 10 that made it sound great was the Personal Audio Profile feature. I would def set that up ASAP if you haven't already. That arguably might be more important than BoomSound.
The New Primacy is a iem that should be known by all audiophiles, just got my Effect Audio Ares ii for them. I can tell you this, price to performance will blow your socks off, I like them more than the Campfire Audio Lyra ii :)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #1,134 of 1,164

The New Primacy is a iem that should be known by all audiophiles, just got my Effect Audio Ares ii for them. I can tell you this, price to performance will blow your socks off, I like them more than the Campfire Audio Lyra ii :)
I actually didn't like them that much.
The sound was good but there were huge differences beetwen the tips and I coudln't get the sound I wanted.
also, IEM for me are all about portability. No point in them if I they aren't comfy to wear outside while I'm walking. The ONP were just umconfortable.

but that's going a bit OT :)

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #1,136 of 1,164
I actually didn't like them that much.
The sound was good but there were huge differences beetwen the tips and I coudln't get the sound I wanted.
also, IEM for me are all about portability. No point in them if I they aren't comfy to wear outside while I'm walking. The ONP were just umconfortable.

but that's going a bit OT :)
I find them beyond comfortable and they are the most portable iem I have, always take them with me everywhere. But I do agree with tips, I had a little bit of a hard time finding the right tip as my left ear hole is smaller than my right ( Yes I said earhole ) but eventually got the fit working but I may still buy some spinfits : ). Too bad they didn't work out for you but maybe the next product they release may be the one : )

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,137 of 1,164
what kind of company is oriveti?
It's a china based company but very good products and very durable, I actually lost them at my backyard for a week and found them in the garden with flowers, my dog must have taken them when I dropped them or something. Gave them a very good clean and working still like they should : )

Feb 25, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,139 of 1,164
I have a question before update to android 8:

Has anyone tested sound quality on mini jack output after update, is there any changes?

Thanks for reply.

Its a bit quiet in here now, which is a shame because the HTC 10 is still a great phone, I still have mine, the battery life is getting shorter now per charge but I'm considering risking replacing it, or getting somebody else to do it.

To answer your question, after the update to Android 8 (what other manufacturer offers that upgrade on a nearly two year old phone?) I can confirm that the output from the 3.5mm headphone socket still sounds great.

It also has aptx-hd and LDAC now, which both also sound very good.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,140 of 1,164
Its a bit quiet in here now, which is a shame because the HTC 10 is still a great phone, I still have mine, the battery life is getting shorter now per charge but I'm considering risking replacing it, or getting somebody else to do it.

To answer your question, after the update to Android 8 (what other manufacturer offers that upgrade on a nearly two year old phone?) I can confirm that the output from the 3.5mm headphone socket still sounds great.

It also has aptx-hd and LDAC now, which both also sound very good.

Hi Steve,

Yeah I had mine for about 10 months and in that last month or so, I noticed the battery life (which wasn't all that great to begin with, though everything else was fine) was getting noticeably shorter a lot sooner than I expected it to, which is why I ended up getting the LG V30.

I think flowerman is asking though if it sounds any better than before Oreo was installed? My answer to that would be yes, but not based on direct experience. I talked to someone on here about the Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone, and he told me that after the phone got the Oreo upgrade, he noticed that it sounded considerably louder than before. He also noticed that Oreo gave that phone a 30% boost in battery life, and it was already pretty decent to begin with. So Oreo ftw!! Though Steve, if you're not noticing any of these, that would be odd.

That IS awesome that Oreo also gives ppl both AptX HD and LDAC. Both are on the cutting edge of the best wireless sound technologies available. IF I were to switch over to wireless, I would want both options as well. Or at least AptX HD, as you need a pair of Sony headphones or speakers to get the FULL benefit of its use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back