Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #796 of 1,215
Well I have the AP100 and have been listening at work for an hour or so. I love the sound of this thing...it blows away my Fiio X3ii. Like Bruce Banner I seem to find the SRC setting 24bit/192MHz to be the best sounding even though right now all I have is 256aac and 320aac files on my microsd card. Haven't fiddled with the Eq. too much yet but I so far love this player. Very easy to use from th get go...no need for the instructions. I don't like the case though..it doesn't fit well..kinda crooked. Oh well I ordered a silicone case anyways. So, so far I love it..nice smooth sound, dark, warmish..exactly what I hoped it would be.

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #797 of 1,215
  Well I have the AP100 and have been listening at work for an hour or so. I love the sound of this thing...it blows away my Fiio X3ii. Like Bruce Banner I seem to find the SRC setting 24bit/192MHz to be the best sounding even though right now all I have is 256aac and 320aac files on my microsd card. Haven't fiddled with the Eq. too much yet but I so far love this player. Very easy to use from th get go...no need for the instructions. I don't like the case though..it doesn't fit well..kinda crooked. Oh well I ordered a silicone case anyways. So, so far I love it..nice smooth sound, dark, warmish..exactly what I hoped it would be.

Good to hear you liked them. You will like them more after it fully burnes in until you hear some M1 Note + NX1 combo 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #799 of 1,215
Wow! How is this player not more popular? Navigation is so easy with the physical buttons (something I missed going from the X3 to the X3ii) but the sound is really fantastic. I'm going to try some flac files with it after work and maybe get one of my favorite albums in 24 bit just because I haven't tried that before. Oh the build of the AP100 is great too...very solid!

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #800 of 1,215

Would u mind sharing a link to where you got the silicon case from? Genuinely intrigued..
As for the Leather case I had the first initial impressions as you. Dammit... the lid doesn't close properly etc. But it's just because the leather has not been stretched yet properly etc. Now mine fits like a glove and closes properly, my advice is to use it and get into the habit of taking it in and out regularly as well as leaving it in over night, it will stretch and fit properly eventually (which is what u want as opposed to fitting perfectly initially and then becoming too loose!)

Wow! How is this player not more popular? Navigation is so easy with the physical buttons (something I missed going from the X3 to the X3ii) but the sound is really fantastic. I'm going to try some flac files with it after work and maybe get one of my favorite albums in 24 bit just because I haven't tried that before. Oh the build of the AP100 is great too...very solid!

Are you on the latest firmware 0.70? I love it and have not even tried 24 bit or FLAC on it yet lol

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #802 of 1,215

Would u mind sharing a link to where you got the silicon case from? Genuinely intrigued..
As for the Leather case I had the first initial impressions as you. Dammit... the lid doesn't close properly etc. But it's just because the leather has not been stretched yet properly etc. Now mine fits like a glove and closes properly, my advice is to use it and get into the habit of taking it in and out regularly as well as leaving it in over night, it will stretch and fit properly eventually (which is what u want as opposed to fitting perfectly initially and then becoming too loose!)

Are you on the latest firmware 0.70? I love it and have not even tried 24 bit or FLAC on it yet lol

Here is the link for the silicone case:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hidizs-AP100-AP-100-Original-Silica-Case-Cover/32468048146.html?ws_ab_test=201556_5,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

I'll give the the leather case a chance...I don't have much choice right now since I don't have the silicone once yet.

Oh yes I forgot..I am on the latest firmware 0.70...I read too Hidizs will be releasing fw 0.73 soon.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #803 of 1,215

Great! Then please share your thoughts, especially compared to X3 II.

OK, I'm not really good at doing a review but I did post a few first impressions in some earlier posts from yesterday. I love the sound of the AP100...it blows away my Fiio X3ii. Like Bruce Banner I seem to find the SRC setting 24bit/192MHz to be the best sounding even though right now all I have is 256aac and 320aac files on my microsd card. Haven't fiddled with the Eq. too much yet but I so far love this player. Very easy to use from the get go...no need for the instructions. The sound seems to be much fuller and much more realistic than that of the X3ii. The X3ii sounds harsh in comparison where the AP100 sounds smooth and a little warm and very life like as if I was sitting and listening to a concert or as close as you can come to that listening to a DAP. The sound seem much more open and airy and more detailed. I was actually vert surprised at how much better it sounds because I didn't have huge expectations for it. I was mostly looking to get rid of the Fiio because I don't like the scroll wheel and if the sound was similar that would have been ok. But the sound is fantastic, the build quality is great..the buttons are nice feeling...nothing feels cheap about it...it really does feel like and sounds like a premium music player.

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #805 of 1,215
I currently have Fiio X3 first gen, and people saying this better but im one of those people who wants good SQ AND Battery.
So if I dont intend to use full size headphones and only iems then is it worth getting this or Sony A17? Is SQ a lot better on AP100?

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #807 of 1,215
  I currently have Fiio X3 first gen, and people saying this better but im one of those people who wants good SQ AND Battery.
So if I dont intend to use full size headphones and only iems then is it worth getting this or Sony A17? Is SQ a lot better on AP100?

Maybe someone else can answer that better than me but the AP100 is pretty powerful but only about 10 hours of battery life. The Sony A17, 50 hour battery life with 128kb/s MP3s but a much weaker amp. Personally I don't find charging my player every third day or so to be a problem at all. The biggest complaint about the Sony A17 that I read was it's lack of power.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #808 of 1,215

Maybe someone else can answer that better than me but the AP100 is pretty powerful but only about 10 hours of battery life. The Sony A17, 50 hour battery life with 128kb/s MP3s but a much weaker amp. Personally I don't find charging my player every third day or so to be a problem at all. The biggest complaint about the Sony A17 that I read was it's lack of power.

Yeah power wont be a issue if I dont use full size headphones. Not many IEMs are hard to drive. SQ is more important. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #809 of 1,215

I was looking at the XDUOOX3 too...lookes like a nice DAP. More expensive than the AP100. I liked the look of the Shanling M3 too but ultimately got the AP100...maybe I'll look at it again in the new year.

Bruce, I'm talking about the 120€ or so one that has components of players that cost 2-3x as much. Wondering how would will it compete with AP100 for half the price ; )

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #810 of 1,215

Bruce, I'm talking about the 120€ or so one that has components of players that cost 2-3x as much. Wondering how would will it compete with AP100 for half the price ; )

Oh right I was confused. I know the one you mean now...yes it would be interesting to see. I know a lot of people like the X2 which is about $50 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back