Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 1,215
Helpful review ! (Although never heard of this brand before)
tongue.gif

The device's design reminds me a very old gameboy too XD

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #21 of 1,215
Awesome review and pictures!!

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #22 of 1,215
Hi.. im new at digital world.. just get my ap100 week ago. I was curious if u knew how to tune the personal eq to gain a better bass than a general mode?thank

Go to System Settings -> User Define EQ -> and adjust 50Hz frequency a few ticks up.  Keep in mind, User Define EQ setting will have overall volume level reduced by about 6dB to create some headroom for adjustment (to avoid clipping).  To activate User EQ, you push EQ button on the side of AP100 until you see User in the upper left corner of the display.  I'm not too crazy about built-in presets (which btw can't be adjusted further).  The only one which is great is Jazz that adds extra clarity with some bass reduction, great to fix v-shaped headphones :wink:

Regarding another question about trying 128GB mcroSd, unfortunately my Sandisk card kicked a bucket yesterday, probably something wrong with a controller.  Been working fine for a few months, now all of a sudden it shows capacity of 20GB and I can't formatted, says "hardware write protected".  Will have to replace this flash card under warranty...

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #23 of 1,215
  Thank you for sharing , thanks for the support .Firmware upgrades can bring support 128G(FAT32).Hidizs willing to bring pure and clean music,enjoy it.

Are you an employee of Hidizs, or are you just an owner or fan of the device?

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #24 of 1,215
^ had the same question in mind.  I have sent email to Hidizs with request to join our forum and to answer questions, especially about future firmware updates and general support.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #27 of 1,215
FM radio in a DAP?!? No
smily_headphones1.gif

It used to be a pretty popular feature back when storage capacity in the megabytes was the norm, so it's not unheard of in a modern DAP. However, I can't think of many flagship devices today that thought to include a tuner. The market has moved on from that.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #28 of 1,215

It used to be a pretty popular feature back when storage capacity in the megabytes was the norm, so it's not unheard of in a modern DAP. However, I can't think of many flagship devices today that thought to include a tuner. The market has moved on from that.

Clip Sport still has FM radio, but I would not put it DAP level category, just an enhanced mp3 player with lossless file support
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #29 of 1,215
Hmm.... interesting ! Very curious to read some more user experiences. I see that they send them for USD 299 including shipping.

If it's better to spend another 100 bucks extra for Fiio X5 ? Time will tell..

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #30 of 1,215
  Hmm.... interesting ! Very curious to read some more user experiences. I see that they send them for USD 299 including shipping.

If it's better to spend another 100 bucks extra for Fiio X5 ? Time will tell..

Yeah, and that price includes leather case and headphone adapter.  From what I have been told, if you order it from their eBay store (link in my OP review), you will get as a bonus a pair of Hisoundaudio PAA-1 headphones.  There is also a possibility of introduction discount promo they are planning to run until July, but I'm not sure about details yet.  I will post here as soon as I find out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back