[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Oct 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #76 of 349
I decided this would be my CIEM very soon. If everything goes as the review, I hope it will get along with me well :L3000:

Kunlun is brewing on a review of the K10 as well, so a second opinion should be available soon :)

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #78 of 349
Planning to get the k10 this year. I prefer K10 over jh roxanne.

You've heard both? Do tell... 
popcorn.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #80 of 349
You've heard both? Do tell... :popcorn:

I am intrigued by your thoughts as well! Did you really try them or is this based off of what you have read?

Just based on what I read and the cable of the roxanne, I have some custom cables with the normal connector pin. And now the roxanne has the new pin, I cant use my old cables. So I prefer the K10.

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #83 of 349
We choose ciem base on reviews and intuition, we don't have a chance to hear until we own one

Yeah, that's the problem with CIEMs - we can't audition them so we have to read reviews to judge if a given CIEM is the right choice. Kunlun has posted his great review of the K10 here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685225/review-noble-audio-kaiser-10-10-driver-custom-fit-in-ear-monitor

And be sure to ask all the questions you may have before sinking $1600 into these gems!

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #84 of 349
My next set of ciems in the next 5 years. Shouldn't have seen this thread and reviews about Noble's CIEMs as I'd just sent my impressions with my 4.Ai to Heir audio for reshelling. 

On a positive note, the Wizard was from Heir. 

Really looking forward for the next 5 years. I wonder if he will tweaked the same configuration as the 4C for my 4A if i'd sent to him for reshelling services 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #85 of 349
Btw great in-depth reviews to those who have tried Noble's ciems.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #86 of 349
What kind of portable amps might y'all recommend for a high end CIEM like the K10?

I am too long invested in the Apple ecosystem to use anything but an iPod for the player, but I am totally open for amp ideas. I would like something with great battery life (20 hours minimum) and low impedance, good for sensitive iems, and no hiss/noise floor.

I had a JDS C241 that I really liked but didn't last long enough for me. I have another one that had great battery life but is unshielded and hence gets a lot of electronic interference.

Thoughts/recommendations?

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #87 of 349
Alo The National. Works great with my JH16 and Compact Monitors Stage 4.

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #89 of 349
Heir Audio does the R1 amp that's a reasonably priced amp that goes well with IEMs but is powerful enough to make the HE500 sing. Plus, it lasts 30+ hours on a charge. I wonder if Noble might come up with an amp of their own one day? There are also the Pico amps that get a heck of a lotta praise around here. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #90 of 349
What kind of portable amps might y'all recommend for a high end CIEM like the K10?

I am too long invested in the Apple ecosystem to use anything but an iPod for the player, but I am totally open for amp ideas. I would like something with great battery life (20 hours minimum) and low impedance, good for sensitive iems, and no hiss/noise floor.

I had a JDS C241 that I really liked but didn't last long enough for me. I have another one that had great battery life but is unshielded and hence gets a lot of electronic interference.

Thoughts/recommendations?

You can try the centrance M8 if you have chance, I really like that amp, it extends the soundstage and makes the sound a bit lighter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back