Review: Modded iPod Classic 7G with 240GB HDD from eBay
Jun 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #33 of 194
Quote:
Did the 240GB iPod work with your Pure i20 dock? I'd like to use the iPod with my Onkyo ND-S1. Thanks.

Hi heathdwatts, I'm using a 240GB iPod with the Onkyo ND-S1 and it works fine most of the time. I think because it's a non-standard size due to the larger back plate, the physical connection between the player and the dock isn't as strong as before, and I had to try several of the dock adapters to get the best fit (I think I ended up using the dock adapter from old 160GB iPod). Since the connection isn't as secure as before, I've found it best not to operate the click wheel while the iPod is attached to the dock, or else the iPod will suddenly reboot whilst playing some music. Therefore, it all works fine as long as I remove the iPod from the dock each time I want to operate the click wheel. Hope this helps.

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #36 of 194
So a different hard drive shouldn't prevent this from being rockbox-able right? I'm considering getting one despite having a 160GB one already. Just noticed that my FM transmitter doesn't even power on with the rockboxed ipod (
frown.gif
sucks!)

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #38 of 194
I have a Rockboxed iPod classic with a 240GB hard drive that I got from tuwant on Ebay.  The only problem I had was a dead battery.  Otherwise, the thing Rockboxed pretty easily, and it works great.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #40 of 194
OK, I think I'm just about to pull the trigger on this. Does anyone know if it matters who I buy it from on eBay? Looks like I'll be either going with happygou*21c (100% +ve feedback) or kaijessy (98.5% +ve feedback, seller mentioned in review). These guys and a few others are all based in China and they use the same description word by word and even some of the same pics so looks like they might somehow even be the same person or company.

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #44 of 194
Looks like these aren't available atm :frowning2:  I was thinking of getting one just to dump all my audiobooks etc on to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back